• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
277 replies to this topic | 740 praises

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

May  urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

Aaronlkl, StefanK, Hondacub777, Turboguy, Daniel91, Qpik, lausai88, 4 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if you see my car with more than 20 dents, i gave up long time ago.

Pisces69 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you look at Stomp you will know there are plenty of inconsiderate ppl. Who will listen to you anyway?

Aaronlkl, Nightkids, Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thats why I drive a van ... 

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thats why I drive a van ... 

i thought you drive a tank?  :huh:

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You need to park in the middle of 2 parking lots, so no other vehicle will park near yours and their swing doors can't hurt yours, too.

Or park in those "Family Lots" in some shopping mall like IKEA, City Square, etc....These lots are bigger.

Otherwise, live with it lah. Its part and parcel of car ownership.

alex976, Chowyunfatt, Carnoob, Mustank, F355, Pisces69, Nightkids and 2 other members praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi all,

May  urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

some times it's vans, lorries driver and passenger

Mustank, Pisces69, Cammys_MR and Angcheek praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Leoloe
  • Premium member
    Leoloe
    Clutched
    Author Image

Edited by Leoloe, 12 August 2014 - 10:32 AM.

Jeffc, Mrmilktooth, Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Leoloe
  • Premium member
    Leoloe
    Clutched
    Author Image

why isnt that standard on all cars?

Edited by Leoloe, 12 August 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i thought you drive a tank?  :huh:

The Tank only operates on Weekends, when the whole family is going out ... Otherwise, 1 Person drive van more convenient ... easy to park also ... No need to be at the mercy of other motorist ... I Like ...  [laugh]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Mr_b20
  • Mr_b20
    6th Gear
    Author Image

TS, please don't feel stress over such stuff  [;)]

Mustank, Mrmilktooth, Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

some times it's vans, lorries driver and passenger

If you park beside a van or lorry (eg. Cabstar, Dyna), be extra careful cos their lower edge of their doors when open will hit your car window (at that height) and if strong force may even smashed the glass.

This is my observation and when I had to park beside these tall vehicles, I would try to adjust my car so its swing doors won't hit my car windows...

[sweatdrop]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Guess this is part and parcel of owning a car. Cant possibility avoid others people hitting your car door when they open theirs. 

Angcheek praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Tank only operates on Weekends, when the whole family is going out ... Otherwise, 1 Person drive van more convenient ... easy to park also ... No need to be at the mercy of other motorist ... I Like ...  [laugh]

no wonder so many cars suffer unnecessary dents, you are the root cause :D

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

TS, please don't feel stress over such stuff  [;)]

No I don't.  I have enough dents on my doors to stress over such things.

But we have to think, can such dents be avoidable easily? Or it is totally inevitable, just like there must be wear and tear on parts if we drive.

IMO, a simple act of consideration would have avoided dozens of such unnecessary dents and scuffs. Is it too much to ask for? Or must we accept a driving society that is totally void of basic and simple consideration for others?

I think we can all be better than that if we choose to.

Edited by Icedbs, 12 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

no wonder so many cars suffer unnecessary dents, you are the root cause :D

Its not me lar ... I usually leave my Van to the Valet ...  :D

No I don't.  I have enough dents on my doors to stress over such things.

But we have to think, can such dents be avoidable easily? Or it is totally inevitable, just like there must be wear and tear on parts if we drive.

IMO, a simple act of consideration would have avoided dozens of such unnecessary dents and scuffs. Is it too much to ask for? Our must we accept a driving society that is totally void of basic and simple consideration for others?

I think we can all be better than that if we choose to.

I have a friend who resprays his car every 2 years ... Doesn't even polish his car ... Just wash ... After 2 years, just Respray & get rid of all the dents & scratches ... 

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Guess this is part and parcel of owning a car. Cant possibility avoid others people hitting your car door when they open theirs. 

Can't possibly avoid? Well I always avoid hitting other cars!

It is really a matter of being careful and considerate. It's not a universal law that our door must always hit other cars when we open them.

Edited by Icedbs, 12 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Opel17 praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any courses to attend? :D

BanCoe and Angcheek praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

L23
  • L23
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Park your car at your private CP at all time, you will be very sure that your car will not be hurt at all.

Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

it's just a car lah bro.

get over it . there are more impt things in life to worry about that a ding on your door lah.

[laugh]  [laugh]

F355, Heman75 and Angcheek praised this
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: mazda, doors, kindly, educate and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users