Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

Supercharged

ha ha ha ha... so many post, still the same message. live with it.

we can educate. if no one listen or follow, it is still coming to nought.

so how? cannot change the environment, change our mindset loh.

that is a 10-year piece of metal that dun belong to me when it expires.

then not so heart pain liow loh.

↡ Advertisement

Just a dent only. Leave with it bah.

My wife reversed and hit my car. I can only shaked my head and asked her. You ok bo? Got hurt bo?

Learnt my lesson liao la.

Cannot get angry over car.

• Praise 1

Now I know why some cars in my MSCP prefer to drive all the way up 4th, 5th floor to park, even thou up to 3rd floor already got many parking lots available. [laugh]

I'm one of those :p

What's inside your car belongs to you, what's outside your car is at the mercy of everyone else. Don't take it too hard. Its just a car.

True but car here is way too expensive, thats why some people might take it very hard, whether it is inside or outside the car. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

if you see my car with more than 20 dents, i gave up long time ago.

i also give up leow [laugh] [laugh]

that being said, sg parking lots are damn small

• Praise 1

I don't give dents, but I like to park beside nice cars to scare them a little ... 😂

Hahahaha .... Lol.

I am sure they will definitely take a second look at the car b4 gettg in. Hahah

Supercharged

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

Yes, living with dings dongs are P&P of car ownership, yr drive goes beyond caring for material possessions and hinges on imparting correct values. Therefore, yr "drive"is a worthy cause. I sarpok!!!

suckpork u... addition other than what u had highlighted, I oso told my friends, colleagues, relatives, etc tat do not slam rear boots n door.

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Turbocharged

I think some people too 'red-eye' people drive new car,purposely did it. [furious]

talking about that, I saw my neighbor's brand new ride kena long scratch of mark around it.........

wonder is "red-eye" or he offended someone?

I admit I do open my doors slowly and carefully. But whenever I see a new dent at my door, I will get upset everytime I wash my car.. Thankfully I got rubber strip on my doors, so my dents are mostly from Vans and lorries which are taller in height. After all, a car is just a car. 10yrs later, it's just a scrap metal. Let it be your slave, not the other way round.

Edited by Optramagnum

I work hard for my money, and I am proud of the car that my hard work buys… therefore I get really heart pain when someone treats my belonging with disrespect. That's the reason, not because I love a non-living object :).

• Praise 1

talking about that, I saw my neighbor's brand new ride kena long scratch of mark around it.........

wonder is "red-eye" or he offended someone?

Singapore is 6000 lightyears from being a gracious society.

I remember when i was a young boy staying in HDB.

My father bought a new Mazda Famili. And for no reason got his tyre punctured twice while parked.

Then in early 90s, he bought a new Honda civic, same thing happened.

My father is one of the most low key fellas around.

Nothing branded, grew up in attap house in the 50s...

I really look down on those who cant make it only to take it out on others who can and worse still on those below them.

Yes, living with dings dongs are P&P of car ownership, yr drive goes beyond caring for material possessions and hinges on imparting correct values. Therefore, yr "drive"is a worthy cause. I sarpok!!!

Sure, it is and it shouldnt keep us too bothered.

However, the issue here is that someone else gave you that ding.

If you take a sledgehammer and whack your own bonnet, you song.

Why not you let someone do it, for no damn good reason.

Eahaha

My carpark has this red Kia Rio with metal studs at the pax side door edge which were rubber plastered on with the sharp ends pointing outwards. Very the obvious of his intention!

Hi all,

MCF is a very minuscule portion of all drivers..most LGVs, lorries & delivery drivers' habits are difficult to change..moreover the vehicles do not belong to them..hence you can roughly deduce their attitudes

↡ Advertisement