This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

wah the new sante fe looks good in the video!

komoco got bring in this model? issit listed as the 2.2 Diesel?

exact same car except engine is 2.4gdi and 2.2crdi

Rest of the spec should be the same except they din bring in the lane departure, emergency autobrake and sonar cruise control feature.

↡ Advertisement

exact same car except engine is 2.4gdi and 2.2crdi

Rest of the spec should be the same except they din bring in the lane departure, emergency autobrake and sonar cruise control feature.

Thanks for info bro!

Seems like u ran a few showrooms already.. haha

Thanks for info bro!

Seems like u ran a few showrooms already.. haha

welcome!

Doing homework first, when the COE drops to my threshold, can just call up the SE and bring cheque book to sign.

Neutral Newbie

My SE gave me free 1 year servicing and the solar film.

No GPS or camera, and don't think I need the floor mats.

But I'll be interested in the camera.

Is it both front and back, or just 1?

Appears my final price is about 9K more after higher trade in and over trade.

1 side camera.

How is your Sharan?

7 more months to go for my Nissan Presage. I am targeting either Sorento SX Diesel 4WD, Elgrand(8 seaters) or Vellfire(8 seaters) . Still undecided which to go. Each of them has their pro and con. Any good advice? :)

I really like it. Good space. Pretty decent power. Its not as tall as the Lphard Vell fire so no issues with carpark. 

I'd say the Sorento is a damn nice looking car. if you don't really need the space all the time the Sorento might be the car for you. 

Mit Outlander is probably the tightest I'd go at the X Trail price range.

Otherwise, it will be Sorrento and the slightly smaller Santa Fe.

OT a bit, the K5 a very compelling package even though the feedback is that the previous K5 had more features (if there is no Korean phobia vs Japanese).

Sonata's package is better... for the same price, got more features.

Not sure about K5 versions after mine (2013), but mine is quite packed with features. Ventilated seats for both front seats, but only cold air on driver's seat.

And recently, my wife just told me even the rear is ventilated as well, even though it is only hot air!

Then built-in reverse camera image on the rear mirror. (This caused me to have problem parking when I test drove the Sorento as I had to look down to see the screen.

Moon and Sun roof as well.

One thing I regretted getting most was the body kit. It forced me to go dead slow on humps and slopes. If not, will definitely scrape the bottom. And I've already repaired the front once because it broke slightly when I went a little too fast on a hump.

And I tore it slightly again not too long after repairing it when I did a U-turn and the bodykit scraped a kerb. The turning radius of the K5 is very wide. Most 2 lanes U-turn will need to adjust.

But still, if my COE is successful, I'm gonna miss the K5. It is a very beautiful car and I like almost everything about it.

The new car's turning radius is pretty amazing... 5.3 metres only... the smallest in the 2.0 L sedan class but a large margin.

Agent informed me was the COE was outbidded. I didn't check as I'm overseas.

Then later on, he said they were giving me an Open Category.

So, looks like I'll be getting the Sorento very soon.

Now I have an issue.

How to remove my front and rear car cameras and install them in the Sorento? Coz the previous installer connected straight to battery, I think. So the power cables are no longer available. Meaning I cannot even temporarily move them when I transfer straight from my current car.

Edited by Eviltrap

Now I have an issue.

How to remove my front and rear car cameras and install them in the Sorento? Coz the previous installer connected straight to battery, I think. So the power cables are no longer available. Meaning I cannot even temporarily move them when I transfer straight from my current car.

go to the installer or any other ICE shop, pay abit of workmanship to ask them to remove the hardwired cables for you.

When you received your Sorento, you can pay the installer again to get them to install the cables (they will extend it for you if need be).

Your current car is a hatch or sedan? the rear camera mounting might be tricky.

Now I have an issue.

I suggest that you re-run the wires, cos once the wiring has been exposed to the heat over a few years, it will deteriorate. Best to run new wires and pay a bit more rather than run the risk of an electrical fire due to a short-circuit in your brand new car.

• Praise 1

I suggest that you re-run the wires, cos once the wiring has been exposed to the heat over a few years, it will deteriorate. Best to run new wires and pay a bit more rather than run the risk of an electrical fire due to a short-circuit in your brand new car.

Good idea but remember to retrieve the cable connector plugs for reuse as some camera uses proprietary connectors.

• Praise 1

go to the installer or any other ICE shop, pay abit of workmanship to ask them to remove the hardwired cables for you.

When you received your Sorento, you can pay the installer again to get them to install the cables (they will extend it for you if need be).

Your current car is a hatch or sedan? the rear camera mounting might be tricky.

Current is a sedan. So I think the tricky part will be the Sorento.

Good idea but remember to retrieve the cable connector plugs for reuse as some camera uses proprietary connectors.

Sorry for asking this, but which parts are the cable connector plugs?

Current is a sedan. So I think the tricky part will be the Sorento.

Sorry for asking this, but which parts are the cable connector plugs?

That's the part that plugs into the camera body, front and rear. Usually the plug is a standard type, can easily buy from SLT or the installer should have it... but if it's proprietary, then you need to keep it so that the installer just solders a new set of wires to the plugs that lead to the car battery of your new car.

I had went to Komoco and seen the Santa Fe. 

Overall is acceptable but I still prefer the Sorento.

Santa Fe seems to be more modern, like a refine gentleman.

While Sorento is like a robust hunk, uncouth of what others think of him.

Kinda more rugged and masculine.

Am also kinda skeptical about Santa Fe's sidestep.

SE stood on it, an obvious bend appears. He is like approx. 70kg.

I wonder what will happen if 0.1 ton stood on it.  [dizzy]

I had went to Komoco and seen the Santa Fe.

Overall is acceptable but I still prefer the Sorento.

Santa Fe seems to be more modern, like a refine gentleman.

While Sorento is like a robust hunk, uncouth of what others think of him.

Kinda more rugged and masculine.

Am also kinda skeptical about Santa Fe's sidestep.

SE stood on it, an obvious bend appears. He is like approx. 70kg.

I wonder what will happen if 0.1 ton stood on it. [dizzy]

I agree with the assessment of the looks department. I am ok with both actually. I prefer Santa fe's equipment level for the price. Will do a detailed item for item comparison after u test drive both.

That is my opinion on the sidestep too. Anyway SE said can be not installed or removed prior to delivery.

Did you do a test drive?

With the current rebound in price, the showroom this weekend should be less crowded i guess... Fingers Crossed

That's the part that plugs into the camera body, front and rear. Usually the plug is a standard type, can easily buy from SLT or the installer should have it... but if it's proprietary, then you need to keep it so that the installer just solders a new set of wires to the plugs that lead to the car battery of your new car.

Thanks for this info! I'll take note of this and the wires as well.

Just went to test drive the Sorento at Ubi. No diesel version as the test drive car has been sold. Petrol version was quite good overall. Steering was a bit light on normal mode. Hope to test drive again with diesel version to compare. SE was courteous and not pushy when I mentioned I waiting for COE to fall further.

Went to Lengkee and test drove the 2WD Sorrento Diesel (SX) today. Test drove the Santa Fe 2.4gdi 4WD and 2.2CRDi 4WD straight after. Shall put my Santa Fe mini review in the Santa Fe thread. Focus mainly on the equipment differences and a little on the handling and drive. Looks is subjective so I shall not comment but both looks acceptable for me (side note: kia Caren's look crappy while I was in the showroom)

Equipment:

Pros:-

- have ventilated cooled and heated seats for front. (SF have only heated)

- extra thigh support extension adjustment for front seats. (SF lacks this extra adjustment)

- rear retractable perforated sunshade. (SF do not have)

- larger rear quarter space due to the longer wheel base.

- all equipment factory fitted. (SF leather and HU locally fitted)

Cons:-

- HU too small for today standard. Reverse camera image hard to see easily at a glance. Potentially distracting when parking when u have to focus on the small screen.

- boot no ciggy power socket. (SF has a 12v ciggy socket).

- no spare tyre. Only a tyre repair kit. (SF is full sized same rim spare)

- no hill decend control.

- no blind spot monitor.

- no auto hold at traffic light .( this one I need to double check later)

- no side step. (Actually pro for me since I don't like this feature unless is retractable kind.)

- no tonneaue cover (extra $750 option). To me this is one of the greatest miss by C&C....come on.. Your flagship SUV and you scrimp on this?

- 4wd is +10k indent basis. (SF comes standard)

- personal irritation about kia having 2 trim levels. I rather they have one maxed out trim level.

Or minimum SX should have 4wd while EX can be 2wd.

Drive:

- feels the heft, just slightly more than SF. Turning radius a tad wider than SF as expected. Both SF pick up feels slight hesitant on initial depression of accelerator..much better when in sport drive mode.

- diesel clatter is minimally intrusive to the cabin when idle.

- on acceleration the engine sound is typical of sonata taxis just abit more refined and better controlled within cabin.

- today drizzling while test driving, feels more confident with 4WD. Goes ultra slow while doing uturn on 2wd and dare not accelerate before fully straightened.

*will add to this list when I can recall more of my observations.

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1