This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Time to find parallel imported Kias ? I wouldn't mind uf specs are better and price is cheaper... : )

An option worth exploring.

↡ Advertisement

Time to find parallel imported Kias ? I wouldn't mind uf specs are better and price is cheaper... : )

If you want the 2L Nu GDI turbo engine, I think Australia is the only option for us... its the only RHD country to have proper specs Kia.

UK no good for the models are mostly diesels... Even if u want a diesel Sorento, their Euro 6 specs will mean you can NEVER refuel in bolehland. not even once.

You will destroy the onboard emission control equipment at almost the first crank. :( Eeeekk...

But Aussie $$ is ridiculously high now.

Light pressure turbo is the way to go. Its just to offset the power and weight differential, gives more power when needed. But not exactly the turbo for racing use.

But Aussie $$ is ridiculously high now.

Eh bro, AUD right now not that high la - it's been dropping but that being said, if import the Sorento from AU, the tax will kill man

Edited by Deranged

I am sure Theta II will be very reliable.

Its just that Hyundai/Kia group has newer even more advanced engines line-up these days...

Eg, 2L Nu GDI with or without Turbo.

The Nu series is supposed to replace the aging Theta II.

And I still can't understand why SG market Sorento (or Optima for that matter) can't have the much more desirable turbo engines?

We already have the highest new car prices on this planet yet C&C continues to bring in modest engine models wrapped in a well equipped and pretty body.

The new Sorento looks great and equipment levels can put any Japs, Euro or even Americans makes to shame... but all the visual excitement came to nothing when the traffic light turns green, and you got smoked by cheaper, lesser equipped, boring looking competitors... :(

I mean, which Sorento would you prefer if both are equipped similarly?

180hp NA Theta II GDI 2.4L. You may more road tax, incur heavier fuel consumption, and gets just 180hp (although it and itself ain't bad in terms of efficiency)

240hp 2L Nu GDI Turbo. You get 240hp from a smaller engine. You pay lesser road tax, you get better fuel economy, And u get big flat torque curve that's a godsend if u want to pull a heavy SUV.

attachicon.gif17-2016-kia-sorento-fd-1.jpg

240hp 2L Nu GDI Turbo as seen in the US market 2016 Sorento

I understand that the 2L turbo comes on 5 seater models exclusively.

On average how many km per litre are u getting in sg.

Hi guys, I am a Sorento 2014 model owner. I have the AWD - Turbo Diesel model. it has 430NM of torque, and close to 200HP engine, the power is amazing. I have driven it to KL, and went around multiple areas and back to SG on a single full tank. Over taking is an ease, the weight and power is there, the vehicle is feature rich. It is reliable too. My first Korean, after having driven German, Japanese, Italian and American. I am was apprehensive at first but after the reviews from the US, Australia and UK, calling this a dark horse SUV - meaning under-rated, I was not too sure still until I drove both the petrol and diesel variant did I commit to a diesel model, purely because it is a workhorse.

In just 2 years, I have clocked 64K and only go back for regular, on time servicing. Never paid anything beyond $200 on average.

The materials the Kia uses is good, the design is up to the individual's taste, but what do you get out of the car, there is german technology and design from the folks from Audi and VAG group couple that with Korean technology, design and pricing = One hell of a SUV.

My first Korean and definitely not my last....

I was initially looking at the Toyota Harrier but the lack of 7 seater deterred me.

Go test drive it, only in experience would you fully grasp the pure joy it gives.

I am one of those that takes the longer route home. ;-)

The new version is amazing, longer leg room for the third row, updated materials for the already amazing cabin and all the little delightful features will make everyone truly proud of the ride.

Anyone go showroom see n rest drive?

Last week went to Leng Kee showroom. Still no new Sorento there in the showroom. Maybe in the backyard and need to ask??

I went to Ubi, the dealer Fulco to see the car. Look like a MPV now. Overall with those features sounds good. But the engine is still the same. Sales man said some different from my 2014 model. I checkout the 3rd seat and I can't even seat straight up. My head have to tilt slightly. and the seat look smaller that my current 3rd roll. Now I find the 3rd row is really for kids

Last week went to Leng Kee showroom. Still no new Sorento there in the showroom. Maybe in the backyard and need to ask??

\

Because it is outside of the showroom. Haha. Just kidding, I passed by yesterday and it was displayed outside.

Advertisement here says go showroom see. Lol

Lol...

\

Because it is outside of the showroom. Haha. Just kidding, I passed by yesterday and it was displayed outside.

LOL... no wonder lar.... keep looking around also don't have. I enter their lounge waiting for my car from backdoor... that's why never see they park the car in front [:p]

Edited by Hybridcar

I went to Ubi, the dealer Fulco to see the car. Look like a MPV now. Overall with those features sounds good. But the engine is still the same. Sales man said some different from my 2014 model. I checkout the 3rd seat and I can't even seat straight up. My head have to tilt slightly. and the seat look smaller that my current 3rd roll. Now I find the 3rd row is really for kids

Would u do a trade in bro?

Test drive is available at the leng kee showroom.. Went there and will probably come again for a test drive with my wife.

With regard to engine, SE said soon it will be fitted to the later batch of sorentos. But current batch is still with the old one. List price is $170k for the premium model but can bargain because they are trying to get rid of the older engine stock.

I like the car, and wow kia has come a really long way. Lots of soft touch material used and comes with lots of features.

Drop by Fulco last saturday to look see look see as I was in Kaki Bukit.

The new sorento is huge, but 3rd row is damn difficult to get in and low to be able to sit comfortable

same like previous model, right side 2nd row cannot flip to let in passengers , dunno why they make it like that

Doors are solid, the tuk sounds when closing sounds continental :)

Dash board......wise..... dun really looks nice, maybe it was fitted with a 4 or 5 inches display

SE says can change to 7 inches local set, but think need to add $$$

Engine, same old Theta but SE say version dunno what , improved version

All nice features like paranomic sunroof only availalbe for SX model which cost more at 169,999

EX less 10K at 159,999

I find that the previous model sorento looks better leh

Drop by Fulco last saturday to look see look see as I was in Kaki Bukit.

The new sorento is huge, but 3rd row is damn difficult to get in and low to be able to sit comfortable

same like previous model, right side 2nd row cannot flip to let in passengers , dunno why they make it like that

Doors are solid, the tuk sounds when closing sounds continental :)

Dash board......wise..... dun really looks nice, maybe it was fitted with a 4 or 5 inches display

SE says can change to 7 inches local set, but think need to add $$$

Engine, same old Theta but SE say version dunno what , improved version

All nice features like paranomic sunroof only availalbe for SX model which cost more at 169,999

EX less 10K at 159,999

I find that the previous model sorento looks better leh

Yeah loh, I agreed with you. Ours more like a SUV, Now it look like a MPV from the way i look. Second row now adjustable for moving forward and backward where our version fixed. then the head room I see our third row top have a nice curves on space for head room but this new one no curves and end up head are rubbing.

Kia sponsor for the Australia Open and they custom the Sorento for X-Men

http://www.kia.com/worldwide/australian-open/default.aspx

Edited by Black6
↡ Advertisement