This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Mine is SX petrol 2.4L. Dont think there is start stop function.

Hi. 2016 model?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

List of Sorento 2016 Owners

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. chualy

7. enjoycar

8. Eviltrap

9. Accuphase

10. Rebels

11. cbeuk

12. Jackprolinear

13. JustArrived

14. AlexMT

15. wheelogist

16. Mice1972sg

In Sorento 2016 Whatsapp group

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. Eviltrap

7. Rebels

Edited by dsman

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. chualy

7. enjoycar

8. Eviltrap

9. Accuphase

10. Rebels

11. cbeuk

12. Jackprolinear

13. JustArrived

14. AlexMT

15. wheelogist

16. Mice1972sg

17. Vinsonian2004

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. Eviltrap

7. Rebels

8. enjoycar

9. Vinsonian2004

For the folks who are still on the fence re the Sorento, below articles helped my decision. 

I basically focused on reviews in US, Australia, Canada and UK, being that they are most mature and competitive SUV markets globally. In particular, in each country, I tended towards publications which are data focused rather than emotionally skewed (i.e. I find that most car magazines prioritize aesthetics, power and handling too heavily, and do not focus enough on important real world factors such as reliability, space, practicality, price point etc).

Ultimately cannot buy a car because it has won some award or other - one needs to decide what parameters are most important to you and your family. But I find that having unbiased, data based reviews does help to streamline the thought process.

For your reading pleasure. 

USA

Consumer Reports: Unbiased, data-focused, subscription-based magazine.

Award: Sorento named best mid-sized SUV in one of the most competitive segments.   

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/best-cars-top-picks-2016/

Australia

Australia Best Cars: One of the most prestigious awards in Australia

Awards:

- Best Family Wagon (http://australiasbestcars.com.au/car/781/kia-sorento-sli-2wd) [beating Odyssey, X-Trail, CX9 etc]

- Best SUV $50-65k (http://australiasbestcars.com.au/car/854/kia-sorento-platinum) [beating Santa Fe, LR Discovery, Evoque etc]

Canada

AJAC - Awarded by Automobile Journalists Association of Canada. One of the, if not the, most prestigious car award in Canada.

Award: Sorento named Best New SUV ($35-60k) 

http://www.ajac.ca/web/ccoty/2016/comparison_category.asp?cat=209

• Praise 1

Hi I have registered for Sorento Diesel SX Imperial Bronze @ 151999K on Platinum package rebate at 38K with Two head rest audio video unit + rike kool premium + no loan (as Citi provides 1.58% only where as in house is 2.68%). I have few questions. Could you please advise?

1. I'm keen on AWD but have to top up 5K more and wait> 3 months. Do we really need it as I don't drive much to Malaysia may be twice a year.

2. Should I go for Standard package @ 30K rebate?

3. Can you ls share the Imperial bronze car if you have (don't want the website photos as too many lights making it more shiny. Not sure if that's the true color)

you have gotten the best deal. i dont think we can ever get sx diesel for 151k again...ever 

you have gotten the best deal. i dont think we can ever get sx diesel for 151k again...ever 

Hello, rubbing salt again, huh.  [sly]

Hello. Anyone manage to get any quotation or changed the ICE in their car yet? Some installer quoted me 980 for the Pioneer 8850 set but another 250 for the dash kit panel which seems ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

Hello. Anyone manage to get any quotation or changed the ICE in their car yet? Some installer quoted me 980 for the Pioneer 8850 set but another 250 for the dash kit panel which seems ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

May not be lar... the dash kit is quite large and it is made of plastic that will not shatter on impact... must think of safety if ever involved in an accident... you don't want the head unit to fly out and hit someone inside the car right?

Hi. I have been asking ard, but most audio shops told me they don't have the dash kit panel. Care to share your quote is from where?

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. chualy

7. enjoycar

8. Eviltrap

9. Accuphase

10. Rebels

11. cbeuk

12. Jackprolinear

13. JustArrived

14. AlexMT

15. wheelogist

16. Mice1972sg

17. Vinsonian2004

18. shooterskull

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. Eviltrap

7. Rebels

8. enjoycar

9. Vinsonian2004

(edited)

Hi. I have been asking ard, but most audio shops told me they don't have the dash kit panel. Care to share your quote is from where?

I don't actually know whats the shop name, cause I called the Kenwood number and got redirected to this guy. Seems like its quite easy to buy the dash kit from USA, metra sells it for 20usd. http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/227042?

Here is a video of how it works wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=ahOVCBY-cT4

Edited by shooterskull

(edited)

Fellow 2015-16 sorento owners, I changed my stock rims to a set of Rays versus black.

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=chrysaor-KD

Would like to let go the stock rims. Anyone interested let me know.

oooh...19"? any pics?

would you like to add on more accessories? 

some of us are intending a group buy for side steps, bumpers, mats, headunits, speakers, soundproofing etc

Edited by dsman

oooh...19"? any pics?

would you like to add on more accessories?

some of us are intending a group buy for side steps, bumpers, mats, headunits, speakers, soundproofing etc

Ya mine is 19" rim. Keen on side steps n bumpers

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone i am looking at purchasing a Sorento was just wondering if the 2016 version is out in Singapore. I know the Kia website is advertising the 2015 version . Thanks guys

Seana3xx!

↡ Advertisement