This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Hi everyone i am looking at purchasing a Sorento was just wondering if the 2016 version is out in Singapore. I know the Kia website is advertising the 2015 version . Thanks guys

Seana3xx!

Not sure if there is a 2016 Sorento in Singapore.

The 2015 Sorento in Singapore is the same as the 2015 Sorento in UK and Australia and 2016 Sorento in the US.

I don't actually know whats the shop name, cause I called the Kenwood number and got redirected to this guy. Seems like its quite easy to buy the dash kit from USA, metra sells it for 20usd. http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/227042?

Here is a video of how it works wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=ahOVCBY-cT4

hi. pm me your mobile number if you are interested to buy accessories for your sorento. we are purchasing sidesteps, bumpers etc

we are also asking ard for any headunits. 

Hi dsmen. Am keen to join in the group buy. But am not sure on how to pm you.

hi. u just made it. today is the deadline to decide our orders :)

List of Sorento 2016 Owners

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. chualy

7. enjoycar

8. Eviltrap

9. Accuphase

10. Rebels

11. cbeuk

12. Jackprolinear

13. JustArrived

14. AlexMT

15. wheelogist

16. Mice1972sg

17. Vinsonian2004

18. shooterskull

19. Melwongtc

In Sorento 2016 Whatsapp group

1. Ocean 6576

2. OeteM

3. dsman

4. Fungyee77

5. SunsetSorento

6. Eviltrap

7. Rebels

8. enjoycar

9. Vinsonian2004

10. wheelogist

11. Melwongtc

Hello to all,

I am a new sunset red diesel Sorento owner since last month and has going around looking for Sorento accessories.

I was in Hong Kong recently and saw quite a few 'dressed up' Sorento. One of HK Sorento has 2 stuff that I particularly like and wanted to have them on my Sorento- paddle shift and retractable side step. From what I gathered from the HK owner, his Sorento came with the paddle shift as it is GT version (guess it is another spec for HK only) & the retactable side step aka powered side step was installed in China.

Found the paddle shift stuff on eBay but it means of heated steering wheel so will have to some wires cutting mod I believe ... Wondering if anyone has done this mod yet OR Have the right wire harness for this mod?

As for the retractable side step, found this - http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3002913134 ,and managed to contact them. It will cost between Sgd1300 to Sgd1400+ (Including installation) for me to bring in alone.

So I want to check if anyone interested in a Group Buy for this retractable side step as I will need 5 other interested owners and the Group buy price estimate (all in eg freight cost, bank rate & charges, custom tax, installation) Sgd 1100 to Sgd 1200. I will be first to try out the installation before I order for the rest. Anyone interested please pm me.

Apology for writing so much for my first post. Thanks.

Hello to all,

I am a new sunset red diesel Sorento owner since last month and has going around looking for Sorento accessories.

Welcome to the club, most of us already bought the side steps and some others accessories. 

Enjoy your ride.  [thumbsup]

Welcome to the club, most of us already bought the side steps and some others accessories.

Enjoy your ride. [thumbsup]

Thanks Ocean6576, I guess I will go ahead with the retractable side step mod on my own.

Hi Bernsoh, do you have any pictures of the paddle shift? where do you intend to get it done?

Hi dsman, found this on ebay:

ww.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=smartcar_k&item=272282435114&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.Xpaddle+shift.TRS0&_nkw=paddle+shift&_sacat=0

and here: at 0:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-kekJ2JC4

Now, trying to found out more from the ebay seller if it is a plug and play mod and if it is suitable for our ride since ours do not have heated steering wheel.

Unless someone here has HK contact to source the part numbers since their are similar to ours (RHD and Non-heated steering wheel).

[;)]  [:)]

• Praise 1

Hi dsman, found this on ebay:

ww.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=smartcar_k&item=272282435114&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.Xpaddle+shift.TRS0&_nkw=paddle+shift&_sacat=0

and here: at 0:25

Now, trying to found out more from the ebay seller if it is a plug and play mod and if it is suitable for our ride since ours do not have heated steering wheel.

Unless someone here has HK contact to source the part numbers since their are similar to ours (RHD and Non-heated steering wheel).

[;)]  [:)]

wah, so cheap in HK, about SGD 60K only......

Sillypore almost 3 times the price :(

(edited)

Kia Sorento Nabs IIHS' Top Safety Pick Plus

Unveiled almost two years ago, the third-gen Sorento has just joined the ranks of Top Safety Pick Plus winners.

Tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the popular South Korean SUV has been awarded with a Good overall rating in the small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints & seats.

When equipped with the optional front crash prevention system, rated as Superior, the 2017 Kia Sorento managed to avoid collision in both the 12 mph (19 km/h) and 25 mph (40 km/h) track tests. The technology, which is said to be an important improvement over the 2016 MY and its warning system that earned a basic rating from the IIHS, also includes a forward collision warning component that meets the National Traffic Safety Administration criteria.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 8

Wah... so sophisticated eh??? Take video and show us when you're done ok?

Mine- planning to install over the National Day holiday period  [:)] ... manage to find a workshop to install and expected to be at least a day or two ... as workshop not familiar with Sorento yet.

Here is how it will be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKWGg9rLII