This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Hmm... it will be interesting to see how they are able to sell the us version of Sorento here since US cars are left hand drive.

Also must come with Apple Carplay & Andriod Auto capabilities.
↡ Advertisement

I went to Kia showroom on last Saturday, the SE talk me that Kia will be bringing US model Sorento end of the year or early next year, which come with 7 inch touch screen. Kia will then offer to the existing 2015 sorento customer an option to upgrade, but got to pay for it and they do not know how much will this cost.

So better to wait for it :)

hi. u getting your sorento next month? so probably wont get the new HU. nevertheless, yours is a super steal at 153k for sx diesel. 

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... it will be interesting to see how they are able to sell the us version of Sorento here since US cars are left hand drive.

Hahaha... i think i didn't quoted it correctly, it is actually they will bring in the 7" touch screen model like what we see in US model at youtube by end of this year or beginning next year.

hi. u getting your sorento next month? so probably wont get the new HU. nevertheless, yours is a super steal at 153k for sx diesel.

Yes. I will not be able to get this new HU model by next month. Now really looking forward my new Sorento.

Dun say I neber share, Hi all , limited Units K3 Ex $94999 , SX $101999 free Mortex touchscreen ($2000) , thinkware 2 Chn Dvr ($800) , 3D floormat ($360) total $3160 . (New K5 Optima $123999 , New Sportage $126999 Special Discount $5000) , ( Carens 1.7 EX $114999 , SX $120999, Sorento EX $147999 , SX $159999 discount $3000) terms & Conditions Apply. Alvin Tham Kia Sales Hp 81688688 . Pls call for Appt. To unsub my personal update, reply "Un".

• Praise 1

Still too expensive for me. 130k will be a good buy

If you're referring to the Sorento SX (Diesel), the OMV (34K) + COE (57K) + ARF (40K) = 131K already.  The average depreciation is about 14K PA, with effective depreciation (including interest) at about 15K PA.  It would be hard to find another deal with similar factory fitted configuration of the same class.

• Praise 3

Still too expensive for me. 130k will be a good buy

yeah, i agree. many more will buy when sorento drops to 130k. for that to happen, COE must be below 40k again. possible? yes. 

but when the sorento is 130k,  its perceived rivals the likes of outlander and x-trail will cost around 100k. then, many will say the sorento is still too expensive. 

• Praise 1

If you're referring to the Sorento SX (Diesel), the OMV (34K) + COE (57K) + ARF (40K) = 131K already. The average depreciation is about 14K PA, with effective depreciation (including interest) at about 15K PA. It would be hard to find another deal with similar factory fitted configuration of the same class.

The last given price for the SX diesel is $159K and with the $3000 discount will end up at $156K... nowhere near $130K leh...

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download_1887859871/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.xls

In spore, we still have to pay GST and excise duty.

based on the above excel...

the cost of the sorento is 142k. selling 156k. 

The BMW grandtourer which has a lower OMV, coupled with cevs rebate, costs 119k. Selling 167k. 

the mitsubishi outlander has a higher omv than the nissan x-trail but is cheaper. so the outlander, based on omv and selling price, gives better value for money than the x-trail. but i personally prefer the x-trail :)

Edited by dsman
  • Praise 1

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download_1887859871/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.xls

In spore, we still have to pay GST and excise duty.

based on the above excel...

the cost of the sorento is 142k. selling 156k.

The BMW grandtourer which has a lower OMV, coupled with cevs rebate, costs 119k. Selling 167k.

the mitsubishi outlander has a higher omv than the nissan x-trail but is cheaper. so the outlander, based on omv and selling price, gives better value for money than the x-trail. but i personally prefer the x-trail :)

Definitely the Outlander is better value. Of course against that is an older engine which is perhaps not as efficient lor... but it won't wake a difference to those who clock below 20,000 km a year.
  • Praise 1

Definitely the Outlander is better value. Of course against that is an older engine which is perhaps not as efficient lor... but it won't wake a difference to those who clock below 20,000 km a year.

better value in terms of?

size wise about the same.

gadget wise i think x trail better

interior i think x trail much better.

2.4L engine vs 2L engine hence the slightly higher omv.

nett off the higher road tax. i don't see much better value to be honest.

the sorento on the other hand, is pretty value for money in terms of pretty much everything you're looking for in a car.... alas it's out of my price range. haiz.

better value in terms of?

size wise about the same.

gadget wise i think x trail better

interior i think x trail much better.

2.4L engine vs 2L engine hence the slightly higher omv.

nett off the higher road tax. i don't see much better value to be honest.

the sorento on the other hand, is pretty value for money in terms of pretty much everything you're looking for in a car.... alas it's out of my price range. haiz.

For the price - feature ratio. Quite good.
  • Praise 1

Finished 1k servicing.

This car never fail to impress me.

Aircon seats, tilt down mirror when reverse, auto dimming rear view mirror, pick up in sports mode..... [thumbsup]

Hey hey!

Stop poisoning people to use Sports mode!!  [smash]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hey hey!

Stop poisoning people to use Sports mode!!  [smash]  [laugh]

No lah, actually sports mode there dont press a bit wasted lah. 

Part of the package mah. Gar Gar hoot only.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2