Highly Anticipated Movies of 2015/6

Vid

Maze runner is good. I prefer it to the other the futuristic dystopian movie trilogy (Hunger game, Divergent series) Can't wait for the part 3.

Just watched The purge:election year. It entertaining as the other purge movies

It's weird to see a multi racial cowboys team.

Every movie needs a black or Hispanic or Asian supporting actor now. Only people like denzel, freeman and Samuel l Jackson can headline.

Just finished maze runner last night. OK la. Fairly Entertaining. Though the first movie was better.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

Every movie needs a black or Hispanic or Asian supporting actor now. Only people like denzel, freeman and Samuel l Jackson can headline.

now not only needs to b multi racial....but need to b multi sexual also. almost every other movie or tv series now will hv gay characters.

now not only needs to b multi racial....but need to b multi sexual also. almost every other movie or tv series now will hv gay characters.

Hollywood trying to be PC while acknowledging that only white lead actors and actresses sell. Ghost in the shell movie with Scarlett. Zzz

Just watched spotlight last night. Really good movie.

I seldom watch such movies now as my wife tends to find them a bit boring.

Just watched this.

Average nia. Recommended only if you have 2 hours 10 mins to spare. 

Some nice moments here and there but overall tries to be a bit too much and somewhat all over the place in the end. Think Jack Reacher and John Wick were better cos more focused and coherent.

mini-spoiler : the Mohammad Ali jigsaw puzzle has significance ...  [lipsrsealed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQX2sIhQJY

• Praise 1

I'm thinking of watching this....anyone watched it yet?

http://youtu.be/GQR5zsLHbYw

Just watched it.

Must say I enjoyed it. Humour, acting and a complex plot that worked ... a bit like Chinatown but lighter and with humour.

Its on par with Shane Black's other movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. 

• Praise 2

Just watched it.

Must say I enjoyed it. Humour, acting and a complex plot that worked ... a bit like Chinatown but lighter and with humour.

Its on par with Shane Black's other movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

èµ

Oh I watched this that day as well. Yeah entertaining.

Watched this just now, plot is really interesting but the first person story telling style from each character not that good, a bit messy.

Story telling was messy and character development was not convincing. 

Even Emily Blunt was sub-par in this movie, quite a disappointment.

I have not read the book before so I don't know how Emily Blunt's character is suppose to be, but in this movie, her character is really very annoying and a self-inflicted train wreck. Reminds me of Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.

Can give this a miss.  [thumbsdown]

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 4

Just watched this.

Average nia. Recommended only if you have 2 hours 10 mins to spare. 

Some nice moments here and there but overall tries to be a bit too much and somewhat all over the place in the end. Think Jack Reacher and John Wick were better cos more focused and coherent.

mini-spoiler : the Mohammad Ali jigsaw puzzle has significance ...  [lipsrsealed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQX2sIhQJY

I actually enjoyed it, and will get the Blu Ray..

Edited by therock

I actually enjoyed it, and will get the Blu Ray..

Think could be better if Ben had directed it.

Like the revelation re 'the British lady'.

Think could be better if Ben had directed it.

Like the revelation re 'the British lady'.

The Accountant Movie Review

There have been a spate of movies which feature loners with skills, and this isn't really a recent phenomenon, but the 'man with skills' tag was brought back to prominence by Liam Neeson in his first "Taken" instalment, and I think producers were taken aback by it's popularity, leading to more of such movies, with fine examples that worked like Jack Reacher, Equaliser and more. The distinctive characteristic of the protagonist in these movies is a man who has some serious training in handling himself under extreme circumstances, but who is governed by some inner moral compass, which forces him to take up arms to defend himself and his beliefs, whilst handling anyone or anything that gets in his way, with extreme prejudice.

So that's what the basic premise of this show is about really, but with an extra twist, Ben Affleck plays this skilled loner well since he isn't really known for his dialogue, and add an extra dimension in the form of autism. A special type, Asperger's Syndrome, which are high functioning ones that posses special abilities, but aren't too social. Perhaps they had better stuntmen, he moves much better and looks far more deadly here, than the clumsy and far too bulky Batman he played in Batman versus Superman..

So The Accountant goes about cooking the books of less than savoury sorts, yet he has his internal moral compass, and takes umbrage with being targetted after solving a seemingly straightforward case of accounting fraud. He also decides to break his own rule of taking flight to defend the innocent accountant girl Anna Kendrick who was the person who found the irregularity. 

So you have your typical thrills, spills, explosions and a particularly loud Barrett M82 sniper rifle. The dialogue is clear but the rifle shots are all juiced up, and will certainly please action fans and bass heads. There are some plot holes, and you don't really get to know why the two brothers split, and why Ben did not recognise his own brother, but it's a good action thriller. Ben certainly does better here than in Batman, and maybe it's simply due to the absence of Zack Snyder.. 

However from a medical standard, parents will be concerned with the methods shown in helping autism, and do note that Asperges is a special high functioning subgroup of autism, which does not represent the majority of autism patients. Some parents might even think the methods depicted in the show are real science. 

The ending is also done in a way that leave the movie open for more sequels, and I think this movie does well enough that I will want to see it on Blu Ray and will recommend it to those who like the "loner with skills" genre of movies.

3.5/5

The Accountant Movie Review

There have been a spate of movies which feature loners with skills, and this isn't really a recent phenomenon, but the 'man with skills' tag was brought back to prominence by Liam Neeson in his first "Taken" instalment, and I think producers were taken aback by it's popularity, leading to more of such movies, with fine examples that worked like Jack Reacher, Equaliser and more. The distinctive characteristic of the protagonist in these movies is a man who has some serious training in handling himself under extreme circumstances, but who is governed by some inner moral compass, which forces him to take up arms to defend himself and his beliefs, whilst handling anyone or anything that gets in his way, with extreme prejudice.

So that's what the basic premise of this show is about really, but with an extra twist, Ben Affleck plays this skilled loner well since he isn't really known for his dialogue, and add an extra dimension in the form of autism. A special type, Asperger's Syndrome, which are high functioning ones that posses special abilities, but aren't too social. Perhaps they had better stuntmen, he moves much better and looks far more deadly here, than the clumsy and far too bulky Batman he played in Batman versus Superman..

So The Accountant goes about cooking the books of less than savoury sorts, yet he has his internal moral compass, and takes umbrage with being targetted after solving a seemingly straightforward case of accounting fraud. He also decides to break his own rule of taking flight to defend the innocent accountant girl Anna Kendrick who was the person who found the irregularity.

So you have your typical thrills, spills, explosions and a particularly loud Barrett M82 sniper rifle. The dialogue is clear but the rifle shots are all juiced up, and will certainly please action fans and bass heads. There are some plot holes, and you don't really get to know why the two brothers split, and why Ben did not recognise his own brother, but it's a good action thriller. Ben certainly does better here than in Batman, and maybe it's simply due to the absence of Zack Snyder..

However from a medical standard, parents will be concerned with the methods shown in helping autism, and do note that Asperges is a special high functioning subgroup of autism, which does not represent the majority of autism patients. Some parents might even think the methods depicted in the show are real science.

The ending is also done in a way that leave the movie open for more sequels, and I think this movie does well enough that I will want to see it on Blu Ray and will recommend it to those who like the "loner with skills" genre of movies.

3.5/5

And your point being ?

↡ Advertisement