Highly Anticipated Movies of 2015/6

Vid

Just my thoughts bro.. Cheers

I don't know if Ben will do better directing it but it was an enjoyable yarn. :)

OK, you happy can already lor.

• Praise 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwrdbcAh2s

I enjoyed Part 1 so had a look at Part 2 as well. Initially was lamenting that no more Rosamund Pike [gorgeous]  but this new leading lady is not bad too. Only thing is big baddie is not as menacing as the big baddie in Part 1.

This is not going to net $1b at the box office and win Best Picture, but it is a change from the CGI-overload from other movies of late.

Overall, I found this entertaining and more enjoyable than his last Mission Impossible outing.

• Praise 2

I enjoyed Part 1 so had a look at Part 2 as well. Initially was lamenting that no more Rosamund Pike [gorgeous] but this new leading lady is not bad too. Only thing is big baddie is not as menacing as the big baddie in Part 1.

This is not going to net $1b at the box office and win Best Picture, but it is a change from the CGI-overload from other movies of late.

Overall, I found this entertaining and more enjoyable than his last Mission Impossible outing.

he is getting old, the whole movie not much excitement. i think some korean action movies can be better than this [laugh] [laugh]

yup the slow pace and the daughter thing did soften the movie compared to the action packed MI.

Actually IMO jack reached isn't like mission impossible. It's not an all out action movie. If you read the books , it's more of a slow burner.

It's quite true to the book. Will get the Blu Ray :)

premise looks interesting even though this is not my type of movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yBTNDB6vU

nice and tight 90-min movie that keeps moving along. Good photography, music and set design as almost 90% of the story is set inside the blind man's house.

entertaining enough and moral grey areas issues brought up but no closure.

anyways, its just a 90-min movie lah. 

"Why So Serious ..."

Edited by Blueray

Just watched spotlight last night. Really good movie.

I seldom watch such movies now as my wife tends to find them a bit boring.

Spotlight was nicely done. Sensitive and delicate topic told in a coherent and believable manner.

Liev Schreiber was really impressive as the new boss and made decisions and took responsibility. Good leader  [thumbsup]

Actually IMO jack reached isn't like mission impossible. It's not an all out action movie. If you read the books , it's more of a slow burner.

It's quite true to the book. Will get the Blu Ray :)

Haven't watched yet. But i agree.

Jack Reacher is not about being action packed.

It's about excessive amount of violence being applied at correct moments. Ha

I guess a problem with Tom Cruise is that he can't give the menace of a 6 ft 6" bakemono who's ready to do something really violent.

I guess a problem with Tom Cruise is that he can't give the menace of a 6 ft 6" bakemono who's ready to do something really violent.

he is too handsome for the character [laugh]

as he say they all have the same hairstyle [laugh] [laugh]

I agree bro..

Micheal Caine (younger), Statham, Liam Neeson, Hugh Jackman, or even Stallone (when he was younger) might have made a better Jack. Cerebral, yet deadly. Not very young, maybe late 30s or early 40s, lots of experience and worldly, yet ready to strike! 

• Praise 1

I agree bro..

Micheal Caine (younger), Statham, Liam Neeson, Hugh Jackman, or even Stallone (when he was younger) might have made a better Jack. Cerebral, yet deadly. Not very young, maybe late 30s or early 40s, lots of experience and worldly, yet ready to strike! 

Liam Neeson frame + Hugh Jackman body should do the job. Yeah Reacher is a person who's only a hair's edge from extreme violence.

Part of the reason why he's so scary is cos he goes from 0-100 in less than a split second. And he has no qualms about killing anyone who he thinks is a baddie. Haha doesn't bother him more than killing a fly. Lol.

Think the movies cleaned him up a bit.

ahem ahem ...

Tom Cruise is producer of the movie, so if he says he is Jack Reacher, he is Jack Reacher.

so just have to hire guys who are shorter to play baddie and baddie's henchmen lor.

• Praise 4

"The Accountant" has too much Hollywood in it. Ppl with Autism usually suffers from poor motor planning and motor skills. Operating a sniper rifle and stripping it down is a hurdle even with years of practice. Hey, it's Hollywood.

"The Accountant" has too much Hollywood in it. Ppl with Autism usually suffers from poor motor planning and motor skills. Operating a sniper rifle and stripping it down is a hurdle even with years of practice. Hey, it's Hollywood.

Bro I beg to differ.

He is portraying Asperges' Syndrome. That's a high function form, and they are poor in social skills but very good at certain tasks. So if they are trained to strip and shoot a rifle, they will be really good at it. 

Bro I beg to differ.

He is portraying Asperges' Syndrome. That's a high function form, and they are poor in social skills but very good at certain tasks. So if they are trained to strip and shoot a rifle, they will be really good at it. 

Even if this is possible what are the chances? I know it can only happen in gun country called America. Ppl suffering from Autism already have problem finding jobs. Becoming a trained killer? Let's be realistic.

I can see that it's a movie. I prefer that it stays that way. Parents must educate their child when watching the show....that this is unrealistic and it's only a Hollywood made believe movie.

ahem ahem ...

Tom Cruise is producer of the movie, so if he says he is Jack Reacher, he is Jack Reacher.

so just have to hire guys who are shorter to play baddie and baddie's henchmen lor.

Haha executive producer is all powerful in a movie.

Haha executive producer is all powerful in a movie.

just like in china, can produce a drama series and put an unknown guy/girl as lead actor/actress cos the father pay for it [laugh]
  • Praise 1

just like in china, can produce a drama series and put an unknown guy/girl as lead actor/actress cos the father pay for it [laugh]

Haha I always remember Beckinsale being asked by Michael Bay to strip and stand there for the role in pearl Harbour.

↡ Advertisement