Report to which governments agency

frenchfly

Hey all! finally decided to officially register an account today after months of viewing as guests. Recently picked up an interest in cars and this forum has really been an eye-opener - i have really learnt alot more about cars from the experts here! Was just browsing through the forums and thought this thread would be good for my first post....

Just in case most of you forgot .. here is my knowledge of what the various agencies do that are vehicle related [scholar] you can use this as a quick reference so you can get the agency right the first time, instead of risking them "taiching" you if you got the wrong one [:)]

National Environment Agency (NEA) - rubbish, smoking, clearing of debris on the road (YES it is done by NEA not LTA), summoning of "smoking" vehicles (black smoke coming from exhaust) and if you damm suay, spitting from moving vehicle/ throwing of cigarette whilst driving

Housing Development Board (HDB) - issuing of summons within HDB estates (LTA is not able to summon within HDB estates as it is HDB territory)

Land Transport Authority (LTA) - basically the authority that governs the roads. Im sure most of you know faulty lamp posts, pot holes, uneven pavements etc... Also anything to do with illegal parking (like i mentioned earlier, does not include HDB or private property) although really.. unless the situation is really bad i seriously believe dont need to call LTA for illegal parking issues - live and let live!! not to forget report of illegal parking etc (use the one motoring website damm easy!) Illegal vehicle modification also falls under them!

National Parks Board (NParks) - fallen trees or overgrown trees/ plants on roads blocking signboard/ lights. Yes, they are the ones that cut trees not LTA!! I mentioned NEA clears road debris but if its a tree that fell on the road, NParks is your guy. Although really if it is a small branch, check clear before stopping and remove it if it doesnt pose a danger to you :D

Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) - If you want more carparks in Singapore, look for them or HDB (for HDB estates) not LTA! Also, if you get summoned, do check the ticket. Summons can either be from HDB, URA or LTA. mixed up a few times before when i called in and wanted to appeal. quite malu [lipsrsealed]

Traffic Police (TP or mata mata!) - most likely if the vehicle is moving on the road, it falls under traffic police! things such as speeding, dangerous driving. So if you have a video clip of chiongster wannabes or witness an accident, TP is the place to send it to. If you want to request a red light/ speed camera of some sort.. send it to TP too although i urge you not to as im sure most of us dont want more restrictions on driving in SG.

This is all i have.. hope it was not a "tl:dr" post to yall. Really does hope this helps you guys [smash]

-Snow-

Welcome.

Who do I call when there are issues with trees growing in HDB carpark?

Nparks will say not theirs as planted in HDB carpark.

HDB says not theirs as they only deal with HDB buildings.

Actually it's Town Council that will handle this tree in HDB carpark.

↡ Advertisement

My missus called NEA this morning because of what many in the block thought were mossies which got more in number the higher the floor.

40th floor had loads all settled on the ceiling of the passageways.

The NEA guy came around checked and then phoned my missus to tell her they weren't mossies but midges and she should call Town Council who would deal with it.

Now why on earth can't NEA deal with it.

Can't believe the offloading of responsibilty that you find between HDB, Town Council and NEA over many things.

Next time call NEA for illegal loading/unloading bay parking, URA for suspected mozzies, Town Council for CPF related.

Make them realize that when we call for help, they should internally source for relevant authority to solve problems of the residents/citizens. 

They can't expect us to know who is responsible for this responsible for that. 

My missus called NEA this morning because of what many in the block thought were mossies which got more in number the higher the floor.

The NEA guy came around checked and then phoned my missus to tell her they weren't mossies but midges and she should call Town Council who would deal with it.

Can't believe the offloading of responsibilty that you find between HDB, Town Council and NEA over many things.

Honestly, you haven't get yourself updated.

Nowaday, there is a new dept within MND call Municipal Services Office.  This dept got an app call One Service.  Simi sai complain also channel through this app.  1 stop shop service.

• Praise 1

like this nia you buey tahan?

later the town council guy would come and tell you they were mozzies and ask you to call NEA to deal with it

:D

• Praise 1

Continue here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695605-report-to-which-governments-agency/?fromsearch=1

I give up

Ts, suggest you go post in stomp since you have it the education nor intelligence to be able to search or go hong lim park and scream

Thread locked

Honestly, you haven't get yourself updated.

Nowaday, there is a new dept within MND call Municipal Services Office. This dept got an app call One Service. Simi sai complain also channel through this app. 1 stop shop service.

Exactly bro! Din know there are still caves in sg

Wtf! Suspect this is a retiree with too much time waiting for bucket

like this nia you buey tahan?

later the town council guy would come and tell you they were mozzies and ask you to call NEA to deal with it

:D

Lucky all here look fit me oni to handle these clowns

I no outsource!

• Praise 1

Why bother which agency?

Just write by email to WDA and let them handle.

For members of the public who have had such an experience, they will be glad to know that the Public Service has launched the No Wrong Door (NWD) Policy.

What this means is that even if they have dialled the wrong number, the receiving agency will put them in touch with the correct agency and department. Hence they will no longer be referred from agency to agency or department to department.

The right response
The NWD Policy applies to both misdirected and cross-agency queries 
or feedback.

For misdirected calls, the receiving agency has to redirect the caller to the correct agency after the agency has agreed that the query/feedback in question is indeed under its purview. While the correct agency is responsible for responding to the query/feedback, the receiving agency has to inform the caller that the correct agency will follow-up on his call.

When the query/feedback involves more than one agency including the receiving agency, the receiving agency has to liaise with all the relevant agencies and provide a coordinated response to the caller.

Under the policy, public agencies are also expected to deliver timely and satisfactory replies according to their own procedures and service standards for handling public queries/feedback.

Serving the public as one entity
All ministries and statutory boards are required to follow the NWD Policy, which was launched at the sixth PS21 Excellence in Public Suggestions Awards Ceremony held on 12 August 2004.

If you don't get a proper response within 1 week, forward the email to PMO office and cc them.

• Praise 1

theory and truth is for you to experience. even if you write and copy all the departments, you may not even get a reply. should one party reply, it will be a very standard motherhood statement. best to writ to MP or see MP. that why we have so many.. haha

↡ Advertisement