Rim recommendation for new harrier

beef331994

Hi guys,

Thank you to all the pros that have me advice.

The more I read into tyres and wheels the better the stock option seems.

I understand that increasing the total(wheel plus tyre) diameter will affect the speedometer and odometer reading. Furthermore increasing tyre width and rim diameter will affect suspension geometry, reduce acceleration, and decrease comfort.

I've a few questions I hope you guys can help answer.

Let's assume that I upsize from 17 to either 19 or 20 and try to keep the total diameter the same. I'm positive all the above effects are real but may I know whether they are noticeable in normal everyday driving. Especially for the suspension, acceleration and comfort.

As for the odometer and speedometer, the shop will not alter these two right?

A lot of tyre shops say I need to increase my tyre width too but I don't understand why. Any ideas?

Assume I go along with them and increase, should I aim for my diameter to be slightly smaller(more km travelled than odo shows) or slightly larger(less km travelled than odo shows)

Also what would be a good tyre size? In terms of ride comfort, quietness, performance and cost( try to be 1k +/- $200)

Thank you once again to all of you out there that read and help me out

post-42805-0-34296400-1417716543_thumb.jpg

post-42805-0-90956700-1417716552_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm also looking at the 19 inch rims for my new Harrier. Now driving my 2.4 G model with 20 inch Chrome on my shiny Black full body kit Harrier..... and I do get many people taking 2nd looks at my car.

That is why booked Crystal Black new Harrier.

And also fitting Modellista ver 2 body kits.

Anyone keen in the Modellista Bodykits for New Harrier?

Original from Japan. Full boxed with full instruction for installation.

Sure stands out from other Harriers.

Go checkout the accessories under Harrier here.

I did post it for sale.

Good choice for all Harrier ' s owners.

Cheers

JB tyre shops at Jalan Ros Merah lots of rims design. Should go take a look, n

over the country few things to take note

ask make sure the rim offset is correct for this car and make the check physically with tyre no rubbing outside and especially inside wheel well

makesure they give the correct tyre size factory recommend(235/55/18)

supply you the correct wheel center hub reducing ring (outer / inner)

the wheel mounting nuts that they supply your original car wheel wrench must able to match

do remember you pay M$ you get M$ Quality/ product / service [bounce2]

suggest you stick with your Original harrier rims,

spend so much $$ and sacrifice FC,acceleration and comfort to gain only fierce look, not worthy,

Hi Bro,

Bigger rims and using lower profile tires.... tats why so many sizes as they will not affect the speedometer or odometer....

That's why wider n bigger rims always with lower profile of tires.... as you can see some cars wif as low as 30 for profile...Is not that they wan it so low....

It becoz it will not affect the total dimension and speedometer n so for....

Correct me if i'm wrong.

The tire shop will be able to advise on the sizes of tires to fit whatever size rims...

I'm using 20inch rims...265 / 45 / 20 if not wrong.... or izzit 255 / 45 / 20 ? hahaha seldom go look at my tires after fixing them....hahaha...

ride still comfy as stable....but does get noisy when tires wearing off......haha

Looks is sure 1 thing all car owners wan.... so always a nice set of rims sure makes a difference from the stock....

Hi fellows, have a few questions regarding Rims for the new 2014 Toyota Harrier.

I am eyeing the Elegance version which I believe comes with 17" Rims as standard.

1) If I want to change that to either 19" or 20", what are the correct sizes / profile etc. I should be looking at? And what are some of the things I should be aware of (some "rubbing" thing I heard?)?

2) What are some of the good tyre brands that goes well with 19" or 20" Rims and how often do they need replacement (per km traveled), also roughly what are the replacement costs like?

3) If I want to do paint protection for my car, should I get the Rims changed first so they can be "protected" as well, or are Rims not part of paint protection?

4) Not sure if I can ask this or if it can be answered here; any good shops to recommend for Rims change? And can I trust the shop to make honest recommendations for suitable Rim choices or do I have to do all my homework first before visiting them?

5) Other than colour, design, cost and weight, what are some of the other things I need to look out for when choosing Rims?

6) If the car comes with a spare tyre, does the Rim change affect the spare tyre? Do i need to make sure the new set and the resulting overall wheel + tyre size matches the spare, or are they all universal?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by efssc

Hi Bro,

Any Premium owner wanted to upgrade their rim to 19" or 20".

I am interested to buy your original 235 / 55R18 tyre & rim at $1000+ (slightly higher than trade-in price)

WhatsApp me at 9664 5995

post-136500-0-82567700-1422540761_thumb.jpg

Hi Bro,

Any Premium owner wanted to upgrade their rim to 19" or 20".

I am interested to buy your original 235 / 55R18 tyre & rim at $1000+ (slightly higher than trade-in price)

WhatsApp me at 9664 5995

attachicon.gif18 inch tyre.jpg

s

Try calling LS, they may have a set.

Called LS, the selling price is $1800.

I also checked with LS if I have original 18" 235/55/18 on Harrier, trade-in price is $1200.

I am willing pay $1300 (can pick up from you anytime), please WhatsApp me at 9664 5995.

Called LS, the selling price is $1800.

I also checked with LS if I have original 18" 235/55/18 on Harrier, trade-in price is $1200.

I am willing pay $1300 (can pick up from you anytime), please WhatsApp me at 9664 5995.

Hi Sunny,

Your car when delivered?

U got your 18 inch rims?

Rec'd Vitas application number last week on 28 Jan.

Believe that it will take 30-37 days +/- to complete.

Due to cny holidays, so it may get delay a little till mid Mar - I think.

If you have the tire / rim now, I can collect from you earlier and keep it with me - no issue.

Rec'd Vitas application number last week on 28 Jan.

Believe that it will take 30-37 days +/- to complete.

Due to cny holidays, so it may get delay a little till mid Mar - I think.

If you have the tire / rim now, I can collect from you earlier and keep it with me - no issue.

Yr car shld be same time as me...

So u mean I dun get your 17inch rims n tyres + $1300 ???

$1300 just to buy my 18inch rims n tyres??

If tats the case.... I'm not keen bro...

When I was replacing my 18" stock rims, the mechanic showed me the marking at the back. The rims were made in China and not Japan.