LTA officers seen inspecting car for illegal modifications..

Mercs

Up for awareness, those with loud or modified exhaust do take note!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/lta-officers-seen-inspecting-car-for-illegal-modifications-at-toa-payoh-carpark

LTA officers seen inspecting car for illegal modifications at Toa Payoh carpark

Posted on 19 August 2014 | 3,334 views | 9 comments

A Stomper came across officers from the Land Transport Authority inspecting a Lotus car for illegal exhaust modifications at a multi-storey carpark in Toa Payoh.

According to the Stomper, this was after residents complained about the car being noisy.

Said the Stomper:

"LTA officers went up to a HDB multistorey carpark in Toa Payoh to check a Lotus car for illegal exhaust modifications."

"A neighbor complained that the car was too noisy when he was on his way home, and that it disturbed those who were trying to sleep."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Turbocharged

my friend kena before. his illegal exos very loud and his neighbor complain to LTA.

as he stays in landed property, LTA waited outside his home and waited for him to come out. :D

• Praise 4

Exhaust that is too loud just irritates others, with no gain in power. Kudos to LTA to carry out some enforcements. They should also clamp down of those glaring aftermarket headlights/ daytime driving lights and those idiots who switch on their rear fog lights on perfectly fine nights.

• Praise 12

i think the worst are those JB motobikes with modified exhaust. damn irritating.

nothing you can do... LTA cannot stop them from coming in and cannot enforce on them.

• Praise 2

i think the worst are those JB motobikes with modified exhaust. damn irritating.

Yalor. They remove the catalytic converter and muffler and make it a straight thru exhaust. Of course noisy.

• Praise 2

Theres this rex in my neighbourhood, usually around 1130pm onwards, he will drive out but recently no sound no picture. Maybe that chap kena also. He clutch in, can hear the sell ice cream effect....everytime he break to cross a bump, b4 gantry going out, screech metal sound....exhaust volume sounds like lta approve type though...

• Praise 2

nothing has been done so far..they still keep coming in by the tens of thousands daily..zilch enforcement & zero checking on these errant bikers

• Praise 2

these idiots r already deaf!

chow hee lang

Yalor. They remove the catalytic converter and muffler and make it a straight thru exhaust. Of course noisy.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I would rather they spend the time on road to catch road hoggers, abrupt lane changers, speedsters, etc..

That one done by TP. LTA don't enforce the traffic laws.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

the most irritating is the HID headlights. really dont understand why these ppl need such a bright headlights to blind the other road users.

it doesn't look cool and it definitely doesn't work well during a raining night.

these ppl are really inconsiderate.

• Praise 2

and the bottom line IMHO is,......if LTA / TP would take their jobs more seriously (which they should but don't), our driving experience in SG would be better for at least 10X folds. [;)]

but as of current, big trucks still speeding, FW still unsure of driving in SG, cars and good vehicles still hogging otherwise speeding, many still driving with their HPs glued to their ears, all kinds illegal exhaust, lights, VRN plates...and the list goes on.

did they forget already and so quickly the Tampines tragedy and the many others ? [:(] ....my 2 cents, policies implementation always a step or more late and no after policing,......we use to call this all talk and no action [mad]

• Praise 3

nothing you can do... LTA cannot stop them from coming in and cannot enforce on them.

indirectly stop them lor...charge them vep

and the bottom line IMHO is,......if LTA / TP would take their jobs more seriously (which they should but don't), our driving experience in SG would be better for at least 10X folds. [;)]

but as of current, big trucks still speeding, FW still unsure of driving in SG, cars and good vehicles still hogging otherwise speeding, many still driving with their HPs glued to their ears, all kinds illegal exhaust, lights, VRN plates...and the list goes on.

did they forget already and so quickly the Tampines tragedy and the many others ? [:(] ....my 2 cents, policies implementation always a step or more late and no after policing,......we use to call this all talk and no action [mad]

erm, we have to be practical here...there are only that many enforcers on the road compared to ever growing car users leh

• Praise 2