Appeal Beat Red Light Camera, How?

Mugenboy

I'm sure if you have a valid reason and truthful enough to admit your mistake, TP will sometimes ( I repeat, sometimes ) waiver a heavy penalty and charge you for a little leniency.

However from my experience, usually the demerit points stays the same, but you may be honored with a lesser monetary summon.

↡ Advertisement

What is the definition of beating red light? Is it the front wheels cross the line when the light becomes red or the rear wheels cross the line? I tried to find the official definition online, but couldn't locate it.

What is the definition of beating red light? Is it the front wheels cross the line when the light becomes red or the rear wheels cross the line? I tried to find the official definition online, but couldn't locate it.

When ur back wheel cross marked line.

Another helpful link

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/19207-how-red-light-cameras-work/

if your vehicle's front wheels have not crossed the white stop line by the time the lights turn red,

it will trigger camera

if your vehicle's front wheels have not crossed the white stop line by the time the lights turn red,

it will trigger camera

I see drivers/bikers moving their front wheels out of white line even traffic light red with red camera and never see any trigger.

I see drivers/bikers moving their front wheels out of white line even traffic light red with red camera and never see any trigger.

It will only trigger above a certain speed...

It will only trigger above a certain speed...

Dont think speed has anything to do with it. I have once seen the red light camera flashes when a vehicle did a uturn at the junction after light turn red.

When the camera flashes at u when u drive across the traffic light junction, that's my definition of beating red light

The whole idea of the traffic camera is to try to 'catch' as many cars as possible. Otherwise, did LTA actually do any analysis to find out which traffic junction has the most cases and why? Or they 'improve' the timing for those that didn't manage to catch more? [sweatdrop]

triggers after rear wheels

triggers after rear wheels

So if your car can do a Wheelie, And lift the front wheels while crossing the line, you 'd never get caught for beating the red light

Edited by Vinceng

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Good luck bro. Red light before tyres crosses the white line.

But after reading how stuff works.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/safety-regulatory-devices/red-light-camera2.htm

I think the camera is not taking your car, as the 1st flash will be taken at the front of the car and the 2nd at the rear. Since the flash seems like both are from the rear. Heng lor.

LOL...this is funny....

"1st flash taken at the front of the car"...got such system in our Sg road mah?

We can see different opinions here. Some said when rear wheels cross the line when light is red, it may trigger. Some said when front wheels cross the line when light is red. Actually, this is exactly the part I want to confirm. I tried to search through the Traffic Act but didn't find any mention of this.

there is no line lah. basically it is a senor loop that has a low magnetic field. once it detect a chunk of metal just like the car park system, it triggers whstever they want. the setting is adjustable. so if you look closely, it should be 2 loops to confirm you have passed.

there is no line lah. basically it is a senor loop that has a low magnetic field. once it detect a chunk of metal just like the car park system, it triggers whstever they want. the setting is adjustable. so if you look closely, it should be 2 loops to confirm you have passed.

Yup, I actually went to look at the loops there. So don't know whether their detection is based on front wheels or rear wheels. For example, if my front wheels pass the loops when the light is amber, but rear wheels pass the loops when the light is red, will this be considered as beating the red light?

Bros,

I am usually a very careful driver (been driving 10 years with 0 demerit points), but this morning I think I ran a red light due to poor judgment. The junction of Lavender St and Kallang Road. It was pretty darn close, but reviewing my dash cam footage I think I may not have made it.  There was a red light camera (those orange ones) but it did not flash.  I did a bit of reading and I understand that the new cameras do not flash, so it is impossible to know (especially in the day) if you got caught.  

A few questions:

- Is there any "grace period" for the red light camera.  I think it would have been VERY close, so if there is some grace period I may be able to have scraped it barely.

- Does the new right light camera flash in the day?

Thanks bros!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1