Appeal Beat Red Light Camera, How?

Mugenboy

I think now change already. Very strict. One of my dad's friend who is a cabby got caught by the camera. He stopped past the white line cuz it was raining heavily and he couldn't see clearly. Its those kind of junctions where the pedestrian crossing quite far from the stop line. So he actually stopped further up nearer to the pedestrian crossing but over the stop line. Got pic taken and send in to appeal cuz visibility was bad and he don't know where the stop line is. Result is also no. 12 demerit points and fine.

Stopped past white line but never drive on also kena [confused]

So if jammed brake on red light n the front wheels over white line also cannot arh [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

What you said is not possible. From my many observations, our red light cameras are very "lenient". Even when you cross the stop line at the very last moment of amber and the light is already red when your car is still in the middle of the yellow box, it won't trigger the camera. it is only when you cross the stop line after the light truly turns red that the camera will get triggered. TP would have calibrated the cameras "conservatively" to avoid false triggers and the hassle of handling appeals.

if i were to kenna red-light summon one day *touch wood*, i will just accept responsibility for my own folly, pay up and take it as a lesson to never repeat the same mistake again. i can't imagine lying to myself and others with stories in order to appeal. two words - dignity and responsibility.

hehe during the time when i kena a flash many years back it was possible. i believe i kena it during year 2001. what happens is that i was marginally late in crossing the traffic light. most likely my front wheels crossed in time before it turns red but my rear wheels only crossed when it turns red. there was only one camera flash. i understand you need to kena 2 flashes (ie both front and rear wheels crossed the line after light turns red) to be fined. for this case, indeed i did not receive any letter from the TP.

I am wondering if in current days, is it still the case whereby you need to be flashed twice before you get fine.

I should said it turn amber then I try to go across it. Maybe not enough time for me to react?

Red light camera will only activated 2 sec after the light turn red. U dam slow liao lor.

Sometimes people tailgate, wanna stop quickly also dangerous. When crossing junction, see the speed they following know they do not intend to slow Liao.

Having said that, dun bother to appeal. Drive slower next time.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 4

Sometimes people tailgate, wanna stop quickly also dangerous. When crossing junction, see the speed they following know they do not intend to slow Liao.

then he just have to meet one guy who will jam brake at amber :D:D

hehe during the time when i kena a flash many years back it was possible. i believe i kena it during year 2001. what happens is that i was marginally late in crossing the traffic light. most likely my front wheels crossed in time before it turns red but my rear wheels only crossed when it turns red. there was only one camera flash. i understand you need to kena 2 flashes (ie both front and rear wheels crossed the line after light turns red) to be fined. for this case, indeed i did not receive any letter from the TP.

I am wondering if in current days, is it still the case whereby you need to be flashed twice before you get fine.

interesting point. i didn't know they need two flashes for the summon to be valid. is that why there's always two "boxes" at the junction, one for each camera? i always thought one box is the sensor and the other is the actual camera.

Seem like I had beat the red light at slow speed where can sense the bright flash. I was doing a left turn & it is not going straight or turning right.

Any idea how to go about appealing? If appeal does it means waive off the fine & the points? Some expert offering the solution:

(1) Use other driver license to own it up. Pay fine + demerit points.

(2) Appeal to TP.

(3) Appeal to MP.

Normally how long would get the letter to be sent to the home address? Hope do not have then can Z.zzz in peace.

One single flash is unlikely you kena.

Two flashes and that's it...usually happens when you're dashing straight across on a red light.

Having said that, dun bother to appeal. Drive slower next time.

Hence, want to stop when light turn amber, must always check rear mirror. Esp when its a large vehicle behind... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

interesting point. i didn't know they need two flashes for the summon to be valid. is that why there's always two "boxes" at the junction, one for each camera? i always thought one box is the sensor and the other is the actual camera.

during then i seek the advice of old bird. and they confirmed then that one flash is for front wheels and the other is for rear wheels......

but i am thinking it is a bit of overkill. might as well just use a single flash for the rear wheels. i mean which motorist who are caught dare to argue his front wheels didn't crossed the line when his rear wheels did. oh wait, but the camera won't have the intelligence of knowing it is the rear wheels and not the front wheels unless they build some fuzzy logic into the camera that the first trigger they won't use the camera flash, only the second trigger they will .

who knows, maybe nowadays they just do one flash. my case was as far back as 2001 so there is a good chance the practice may have changed already.

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 1

Red light camera will only activated 2 sec after the light turn red. U dam slow liao lor.

I would like to believe this. Hope its true.

Very helpful for my OCD.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Stopped past white line but never drive on also kena [confused]

So if jammed brake on red light n the front wheels over white line also cannot arh [sweatdrop]

Ya lo. The video he submit also show not intentionally beat red light. He was like rolling to a stop and they still don't give chance.

Hypersonic

I seriously doubt TS has driven for 20 years. The way he writes, more like just a 20yr old boy.

• Praise 6

If TP cannot then pay up lah, what so difficult to just pay if you actually committed the offence? Please leave MP for people who queue up for more important issues.

Soon there will be a thread bashing MP for being useless.........

• Praise 4

Supercharged

(1) Use other driver license to own it up. Pay fine + demerit points.

(2) Appeal to TP.

(3) Appeal to MP.

Normally how long would get the letter to be sent to the home address? Hope do not have then can Z.zzz in peace.

1) Don't !! what if they found out he isn't the actual driver? You be in for more serious trouble later on...

2) better this way, just try your luck

3) when (2) is rejected, ask MP to write an appeal letter. All MP will write the appeal letter, but there is no guarantee of success.

When MP letter is also rejected, just pay up and move on.

I remember I last got a TP letter is within 2 weeks of an offense committed.

Supercharged

Hence, want to stop when light turn amber, must always check rear mirror. Esp when its a large vehicle behind... [sweatdrop]

Yup, that time at a junction in AMK, I e-brake but noticed a van behind coming in fast....I release brake a bit n stop further ahead (cross the white line some more) just to let him had enough space to brake. If not he sure bang my rear !! [sweatdrop]

Ya lo. The video he submit also show not intentionally beat red light. He was like rolling to a stop and they still don't give chance.

This sounds quite unreasonable leh....

↡ Advertisement