Subaru Levorg

See_eff

Twincharged

It narrows the airflow to boost the air intake. Add in the BOV improved further

I can't post pic here. Go FB to look at our Levorg group. The description in Japanese thou but with the output dyno graph

Are you sure. Fluid dynamics laws all broken Liao.

I actually don't bother the warranty void. Cos buying a car in Sg cetainly already causes big holes in the pockets and so many restrictions, yet have to factor in these n those, now where's the enjoyment to mod to ur needs n passion for the car?

Of cos $ is involved for such mods n if you are going to keep that modded car for years to come then do so within your means.

Btw not the whole car will void warranty, depends what type of mods u have done. Lol

actually buying a new car which is so expensive nowadays that I cherish my warranty lagi more... Last time, a new MT EJ25 WRX costs only $70K+. Manual gearbox was relatively cheaper and easy to repair and even upgrade (to STi 6MT). Used engines and parts also easy and cheap to source. Now with CVT gearbox and less common engine, warranty is more important.

Anyway, Different strokes for different folks. Happy modding! If u really heck care about the warranty, the more best bang for the buck mod is actually engine tune. Have you considered?

Turbocharged

I can't post pic here. Go FB to look at our Levorg group. The description in Japanese thou but with the output dyno graph

You replies doesn't sound convincing.

How does narrowing the airflow boost the air intake when your airtake is already limited by pressure of the compressor set by your wastegate, and I haven't even started on the intercooler airflow.

We are talking about Turbo-charged cars here. Not direct air-intake to throttle body of NA engines.

Sorry to break it to you bro, I suspect the "response ring" is more like a placebo effect.

As for the BOV, without tuning the BOV can only do so much, for a BOV it all loud and nice but venting air outside instead of venting it back to the intake is a waste of air. I think getting a metal dump valve would be a better option since metal is less prone to flexing, but then again how much is the stock boost? 0.5bar? 1bar?

I think you will do better investing on a boost controller like a HKS EVC or similar instead, at least it's proven and legit. If you want total control, can mod the wastegate but that's more to the "dark side" or things.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Adding to all this, I think we have to realize that the levorg is after all running on CVT. that alone will have a certain lag in acceleration which we, as CVT user, have to accept.

At least Subaru provide the si drive to mitigate the lag.

Being a 1.6 I seriously doubt the boost will be so high to cause significant lag.

Anything below 1bar virtually cannot be felt.

Just because you keep repeating the same claim does not make it real; it is not backed up with proof. 

Go and do a simple experiment. Get a drinking straw, make it a bubble tea straw. Suck on it. Easy right? Imagine there was a constriction in this straw, will you be able to suck on it as easy as when it is free-flowing?

Now how would that improve response, much less power? Your initial attempt to draw the same amount of air will require more effort. Yes, the speed of air flowing throw the ring would increase, but not the volume. 

And so what's the difference between this and a dirty air filter? 

(edited)

i doubt I repeated the ring advantage. It's those who are asking n i just answered what I experienced on my ride. FB has the graph unless u don't have one to view at Levorg group

Edited by Wishfever

I had my doubts initially too till I got one n tried it. It doesn't make sense to me as for the constriction part of the ring. Doesn't matter as I m enjoying it on my ride. Cheers.

Adding to all this, I think we have to realize that the levorg is after all running on CVT. that alone will have a certain lag in acceleration which we, as CVT user, have to accept.

At least Subaru provide the si drive to mitigate the lag.

Being a 1.6 I seriously doubt the boost will be so high to cause significant lag.

Anything below 1bar virtually cannot be felt.

Just went to test drive the Levorg. Its nice and comfy but the power cannot make it leh. In I it is terrible. In S a little bit better but it still felt painful overtaking traffic. There is a built in boost gauge. Floor it in S and it gets to 0.9 to 1.0 bar.

It doesn't feel too laggy (compared to my old BL9) but just dont have the torque to move the car briskly.

This car needs a 2.5 DIT!!!

As for the response ring. I am not convinced!

• Praise 1

Just went to test drive the Levorg. Its nice and comfy but the power cannot make it leh. In I it is terrible. In S a little bit better but it still felt painful overtaking traffic. There is a built in boost gauge. Floor it in S and it gets to 0.9 to 1.0 bar.

It doesn't feel too laggy (compared to my old BL9) but just dont have the torque to move the car briskly.

This car needs a 2.5 DIT!!!

As for the response ring. I am not convinced!

i also test drove levorg today. i felt not bad leh... acceleration and feel is better than my existing 08 mazda 6... maybe because i am driving a 2.0 NA car and 1st time try out a turbo engine.

only wondering how the FC like? since it is AWD, might be a bit worse than my existing ride which is giving around 10-11km/l.

comparing with mz6 2.5 wagon, economically, levorg is better price.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1