Subaru Levorg

See_eff

I do find the size of the car to be perfect, just a bit too long. Any wider would be difficult to park in those old carpark. Im 1.8m and 90+ kg, and find the driver seat to be comfortable and snug. Front seat feels wider than my friend's bmw x1.

↡ Advertisement

hey guys, giving up on importing the Levorg 2.0.

For those of you driving the 1.6 GTS, is there any gripe that you have? Driving the Impreza 2.0RS 4D as my daily drive now. Main gripe is the low torque (199nm) and air con always breaks down (already changed 6 compressors over 5 years).

Finally saw a 2nd hand with 8 years left on sgcarmart, so might just go for that.

For those of you driving the 1.6 GTS, is there any gripe that you have? Driving the Impreza 2.0RS 4D as my daily drive now. Main gripe is the low torque (199nm) and air con always breaks down (already changed 6 compressors over 5 years).

Finally saw a 2nd hand with 8 years left on sgcarmart, so might just go for that.

Maybe can consider Forester XT?

I think 2nd hand price will be around Levorg 1.6 price.

But Levorg should have better handling since lower.

Been driving for coming to 2 years, just go ahead n buy buy buy. But u have to tune the engine for a better ride.

What kind of tuning? Engine, suspension or exhausts? Edited by Dna_engine

Wah... so many compressors? Probably because you imported from Japan is it? And so the aircon compressor isn't powerful enough for tropical weather.

Saw that unit yesterday too but already marked as sold. Hope you managed to get it.

Wah... so many compressors? Probably because you imported from Japan is it? And so the aircon compressor isn't powerful enough for tropical weather.

Isn't aircon built for all kinds of weather? I heard from my regular aircon car workshop they say the compressors nowadays don't last long.

Maybe can consider Forester XT?

I think 2nd hand price will be around Levorg 1.6 price.

But Levorg should have better handling since lower.

No. Already got an XC90 on standby, so not really keen on another SUV and the Levorg seems like something the wife can drive too.

the second hand I saw from the link is around $113k, hoping to reduce it to $100k.

Ya always piang at the springs. Mechanic suspected the thermostats not working well, so they finally replaced the thermostat at the 6th compressor replacement. *bloody roll eyes*

I bought second hand, I suspect also PI model cos MI do not have the vehicle in their records.

Saw that unit yesterday too but already marked as sold. Hope you managed to get it.

wah damn fast... list for couple of days only... no leh... I'm not the lucky buyer. hahaha too busy with work to even go view the car... oh well.... :TT_TT:

Anyway Levorg is still on sale...but on indent basis by MI.

If you are atill sitting on the fence. It's now or never before the new VES kicks in..

No one willing to import the 2.0? That's like the wagon wrx.

Any idea what is the omv? Still wonder by the levorg is more exp than the XT.

Eh? You mean the Levorg 2.0 turbo right?

Isn't aircon built for all kinds of weather? I heard from my regular aircon car workshop they say the compressors nowadays don't last long.

Nope... if your country's weather isn't tropical like ours, then you don't need such a powerful compressor... so if such a compressor is imported into our country then you tend to overwork the compressor and hence it breaks down easily...

No. Already got an XC90 on standby, so not really keen on another SUV and the Levorg seems like something the wife can drive too.

the second hand I saw from the link is around $113k, hoping to reduce it to $100k.

Ya always piang at the springs. Mechanic suspected the thermostats not working well, so they finally replaced the thermostat at the 6th compressor replacement. *bloody roll eyes*

I bought second hand, I suspect also PI model cos MI do not have the vehicle in their records.

wah damn fast... list for couple of days only... no leh... I'm not the lucky buyer. hahaha too busy with work to even go view the car... oh well.... :TT_TT:

What do you mean thermostat not working? You mean the thermostat module caused the compressor to overwork and then breakdown? How does that work?

What do you mean thermostat not working? You mean the thermostat module caused the compressor to overwork and then breakdown? How does that work?

Thermostat controls how hard the compressor work. Same for your radiator fan.

If thermostat pichar, it will indicate to the compressor that not enough refrigerant. So the compressor will keep pumping and pumping non-stop. A working thermostat will tell the compressor to stop when temperature is reached and sufficient. So the compressor will not need to cut in. Less load on the compressor.

• Praise 2

(For the air-con compressors failing and replace 6 times) Mechanic (finally) suspected the thermostats not working well, so they finally replaced the thermostat at the 6th compressor replacement. *bloody roll eyes*

Yes, Spore mechanics horrible at air-con repair.

They won't analyse what really is problem and just replace compressor - suspect it earns them most money.

• Praise 1

Eh? You mean the Levorg 2.0 turbo right?

Nope... if your country's weather isn't tropical like ours, then you don't need such a powerful compressor... so if such a compressor is imported into our country then you tend to overwork the compressor and hence it breaks down easily...

Yup. The one with the FA20. Same engine as the wrx and fxt. Most reviews i saw are based on 2.0. Nvr saw one on the 1.6, so my guess is that the 2.0 is more popular.

Anyway Levorg is still on sale...but on indent basis by MI.

If you are atill sitting on the fence. It's now or never before the new VES kicks in..

wah... damn long wait like that... no wonder second hand so fast snapped up...

not sure about the OMV, any news of the 2.0 is only available from Australia where it is the main model sold for Levorg, they don't even have the 1.6 then (coming to them NEW for 2018 model).

Yes, Spore mechanics horrible at air-con repair.

They won't analyse what really is problem and just replace compressor - suspect it earns them most money.

every replacement $600++ haha you say leh?

↡ Advertisement