Subaru Levorg

See_eff

Actually the combined is not too bad lah. Anyway FC is ave at best.

But I was pretty disappointed with the 1.6l spec in performance

170bhp and 250nm is pretty "normal" for a 1.6 turbo, in fact I believe Nissan's DIG-T can do 180bhp, not to mention Hyundai's Delta doing 190bhp..

But the century sprint of 8.9sec is [crazy]

based on spec Swift Sport faster.

I guess it's the weight of the car. For Petrolheads, 2.0 is the way to go...

I dun quite believe the posted FC number also.

I don't think its the weight, more likely the CVT gearbox that contributes to that 'lousy' acceleration. Subaru non-manuals all jialat in that dept.

Good cars lousy agent

IMHO, they are the absolute worst agent in SG.

$200K for a Subaru? [shocked][shocked]

Bopians, look at it as 200k for an AWD 300hp turbo wagon and just take it as inflation.

Where else in the market can we get wagons with that kind of power/space for the same or lower pricing?

Turbowagon lovers always have to pay a premium.

Turbocharged

Bopians, look at it as 200k for an AWD 300hp turbo wagon and just take it as inflation.

Where else in the market can we get wagons with that kind of power/space for the same or lower pricing?

150hp+ turbo large wagon? Peugeot 508SW running on the BMW Prince Engine with a Japanese gearbox is going for around $155k, so it's possible. Obviously though it's not a Japanese car.

who will buy a subaru for 200k??

who will buy a subaru for 200k??

Subaru fanboys / die-hards. Or maybe they really went to analyse and found out that it is the best when compared on various aspects.

150hp+ turbo large wagon? Peugeot 508SW running on the BMW Prince Engine with a Japanese gearbox is going for around $155k, so it's possible. Obviously though it's not a Japanese car.

150+hp vs 300hp got big diff leh.

My point is that for the few of us out there who have a preference for low-profile rides which offer a blend of decent performance and utility, the offerings are limited and this is now the entry level (and pretty much the only Japanese option). The only other new car I can think of in roughly the same price band and with decent power is the V60 T5, then it goes up from there into the higher end bmw/merc/audi territory.

This is not the old days where you had other options like the saab, skoda vrs or mondeo turbo wagons.

Turbocharged

150+hp vs 300hp got big diff leh.

My point is that for the few of us out there who have a preference for low-profile rides which offer a blend of decent performance and utility, the offerings are limited and this is now the entry level (and pretty much the only Japanese option). The only other new car I can think of in roughly the same price band and with decent power is the V60 T5, then it goes up from there into the higher end bmw/merc/audi territory.

This is not the old days where you had other options like the saab, skoda vrs or mondeo turbo wagons.

Sorry, brain fart. I am thinking of the 170ps 1.5L Levorg.

It is a shame we haven't gotten the Golf R Sportwagen or SV. Mondeo wagon hasn't made it here, but the hatchback has.

But at the 200k price range though, it's so close to the Mercedes C200 Estate. Obviously that is way below the 300hp mark, but it's not slow either.

You are right, at this point there really isn't much for 300hp power-wagons beyond the Levorg. Singapore is simply not a wagon market. Perhaps it's time to band together and prove the wagon crowd is around.

I got the tentative price of the 2.0 Levorg GT it's S$110,000 without COE, COE CAT B = $60K so total = $170k

This is from a PI - VinCar. If you guys are interested I can forward to you all the Sales Rep. He's a nice hardworkingchap.

0-100 km/h 2.0 Levorg in <5.5 secs

Subaru fanboys / die-hards. Or maybe they really went to analyse and found out that it is the best when compared on various aspects.

When was the last time a Subaru cost above $200K? If I recall, it was from limited edition S204 STI (can't recall the spec).

Guess what? U hardly see any S204 on the road, more rare than GTR.

I got the tentative price of the 2.0 Levorg GT it's S$110,000 without COE, COE CAT B = $60K so total = $170k

This is from a PI - VinCar. If you guys are interested I can forward to you all the Sales Rep. He's a nice hardworkingchap.

Impressive 0-100 timing.

When was the last time a Subaru cost above $200K? If I recall, it was from limited edition S204 STI (can't recall the spec).

Guess what? U hardly see any S204 on the road, more rare than GTR.

Impressive 0-100 timing.

IIRC, it didn't cost $200k. First unit started at around $160k, and 30th unit expected to be at $189k.

About 600(?) were manufactured, with 30 being exported to SEA. I believe, it is good to be rare since it is a special edition with limited production units, unlike the GTR which is not anything like the S204. Unless you are talking about the Track Edition GT-R or the 45th anniversary edition.

But I doubt the Levorg to be $200k.

Its fast. Especially with the CVT.

Edited by FinalNitro

last time Garage R sent me a quote of SGD198,800... fyi

That's ridiculous; S$200k for a Subaru.

VinCar PI is a better option for $30K less at $170k (with COE - current prices).

Honestly as much as I love the Levorg, I cannot justify paying $200K, even $170K for the 2.0GT.

I don't want the 1.6 - it's still under the same COE Cat anyway.

IMHO the Forester 2.0XT at $129K with COE is what I'd fork out my hard earned money for. Live to drive the Levorg another day.

Anyway I've got exactly 2 more years for my Legacy to expire. Will wait and see.

Yes, the 0-100 km/h is impressive at 5.27 secs, esp for a CVT.

If you notice, there is a 'launch control' mode for the Levorg. She holds the RPM to 2,500 to spool the turbo. Unsure if 'launch control' mode is only availon the 2.0 specifically.

Been 'launching' regularly on my 2.5GT Legacy and love the feeling of 'launching' everytime.

Edited by Razzd