Natural vitamin c?

Zack123

Recently I read some article about natural vitamin C vs synthetic vitamin C.

I know that the market is flooded by vitamin C supplements and it's really difficult to choose from.

Any one here can share what are your usual concerns when buying supplements?

Price? Quality? Reputation?

↡ Advertisement

Natural = you get from fruits, vegetables...

Synthetic = you can from pills and tablets....

[laugh] You think manufacturers so free, go and squeeze fruits and vegetables to make tablets?

• Praise 6

Recently I read some article about natural vitamin C vs synthetic vitamin C.

I know that the market is flooded by vitamin C supplements and it's really difficult to choose from.

Any one here can share what are your usual concerns when buying supplements?

Price? Quality? Reputation?

For Vitamin C I look at if its time-release, number of mg. Taking fruits is the best, if you are already doing so, you don't need high dosage like 1000mg, probably 500 would do. Any excess would just pass out in your urine.

Most of the supplements sold in sg is pricey [:)]

• Praise 2

Natural = you get from fruits, vegetables...

Synthetic = you can from pills and tablets....

[laugh] You think manufacturers so free, go and squeeze fruits and vegetables to make tablets?

yalor. juz look at the ingredients list on 'fresh juice' cartons. dunno wat kinda stuff in there.

I know the kiwi fruit has more vitamin c dan a regular orange.

Best is to take natural. Supplement you won't know how much your body actually absorb and how much is pass out as piss or sai.

• Praise 1

yup + if you want to be very fertile. :D It helps our decling birth rates too. Any subsidies for kiwi fruits? [:p]

For those who wants a son, can try eating kiwis on long term basis. High chances of bearing a son.

Best is to take natural. Supplement you won't know how much your body actually absorb and how much is pass out as piss or sai.

yup + if you want to be very fertile. :D It helps our decling birth rates too. Any subsidies for kiwi fruits? [:p]

For those who wants a son, can try eating kiwis on long term basis. High chances of bearing a son.

Better let nature takes its course. LoL...

Nowadays ppl want daughter according to some reports. They seem like a better insurance plan when the parents grow old. [laugh]

The best insurance is still to stash some cash reserves for own.

Better let nature takes its course. LoL...

Nowadays ppl want daughter according to some reports. They seem like a better insurance plan when the parents grow old. [laugh]

• Praise 2

+1 for this. pills are more for convenience. Natural is still the best.

• Dislike 1

How many fruits or how much Vit C should we take per day? Someone who claims 5-6 colours of fruit per day to meet daily ref index. A little difficult to choose 5-6 type of fruits to eat per day. So take both fruits and tablet Vit C to keep one's health in check.

How many fruits or how much Vit C should we take per day? Someone who claims 5-6 colours of fruit per day to meet daily ref index. A little difficult to choose 5-6 type of fruits to eat per day. So take both fruits and tablet Vit C to keep one's health in check.

Don't overdose Vit C. Drink lots of water or else, the excess Vit C will become kidney stones.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-c/faq-20058030

• Praise 2

The artificial vit C if you take too much will poison you.

The natural vit C will not poison you.

The other thing is the body can only absorb so much

and more is just a waste.

:D

• Praise 1

Anyone tried Flavettes Vitamin C supplements before?

never tried flavettes but can read abot this blogger done this Vitamin C reviews. made naturally from rosehips plants

but to be honest, i think just eat more fruits in singapore. there are fruits stalls in most hawker centers and food courts mah.

eat some orange or apples, and beside vitamin c, you benefit from fiber and other minerals and vitamins.

even if u don't like fruits, eat more vegetables lor

↡ Advertisement