PQP 10yrs (Poll) - Sunny 1.6 AT - Lancer 1.6 CVT

Baal

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which to renew for 10 years?

• Nissan Sunny 1.6 at
    • Lancer Cs3 1.6 cvt

1) Expectation 80city/20 highway - 10km/L (Constantly accessing ~3k rpm)

2) with 2 child seats at the rear, can fit a 70-75kg adult in-between fairly comfortably

3) Max torque acheived =< 4k rpm.

4) rear leg room important. As I extend driver seat quite far back

5) easily available and affordable spare parts.

6) Point A to Pt B driving.

7) Cold Efficient air-con.

PS : I cant afford an Altis nor a VTI, Sushi pls.

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement

i may be wrong but with 2 child seats at the back

to fit another adult in the middle would not be comfortable at all

• Praise 1

2) with 2 child seats at the rear, can fit a 70-75kg adult in-between fairly comfortably

Thanks in Advance.

I'm not a Sunny owner but last time I was told Sunny is not fuel efficient so I doubt if you can get 10km/L esp since you 80/20 City driving. The other thing is Sunny is abit cramp at the rear and worse still since your driver seat is pushed all the way to the back.

Thus I voted for Lancer but I think marginally better only.

Only this 2 choices? You not keen on Korean?

• Praise 3

Lancer has better FC, rear leg room.

Sunny has better aircon.

The rest about the same.

The adult in the middle of the rear bench will be uncomfortable for any 1.6 car as the width is about the same.

• Praise 1

Thanks in Advance.

My sunny experience:

Cons: rear leg room cramp, FC higher, sluggish pickup, rear seat no headrest

pros: Reliability, parts & meaiterance cheap, handling good

i voted Lancer

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

Vios?

Lancer =timing belt......consumption good

Sunny =timing chain---not v fuel efficient

Vios=timing chain.....gd petrol consumption, gd pick up, but rear seat a bit cramp......

Verna = timing belt...gd petrol consumption, gd pick up, but rear seat a bit cramp...... ( but who wants to pay for a hyundai)

save a bit more...go n get the Altis... u will not regret...long run better and gd resale value

• Praise 1

Had the lancer and my mil is driving the sunny not much separates them but I am learning towards the lancer as it looks better and better put together. How ever sunny does seem to have more space but that could be because of the Ralliart seats on the lancer. Fuel economy not that much different I guess the selling price will negate any differences. sunny does feel faster off the line and more comfortable than the lancer though(softer suspension?)Lancer felt like it handled better some what. But both can take the abuse and parts are cheap. With the sunny you may have more bargaining power.

• Praise 1

How can any 1.6L sedan fulfil point 2 comfortably? Lol that's a main reason i'm going to executive saloon. And my wife is low 50kg.

Sunny is definitely bit cramped. I would vote for lancer.

• Praise 1

Renewing for another 10yrs is a big move. Gotta compare the OMV to decide the depreciation. Also spare parts, because your only fear is the spare parts are unavailable at the later years when the Car is no longer in production for years. I would vote for Lancer, for the size, FC and spare parts availability. If I would to renew, I will respray the whole car to give myself a "new car feeling" and may upgrade my ICE. just my opinion to make myself happy.

Edited by Optramagnum

U will not like the Sunny 4AT gearbox. When start from cold(morning startup), there will be a jerk from 1st to 2nd gear.

Rear legroom is crap.

Used to drive my Sunny all the way to Phuket, Thailand. Reliable car but dont like the gearbox n rear legroom.

• Praise 2

For a Coe renewed car, what's important is reliability and availability of parts. Somehow sunny feels a little more robust to me. I had the lancer and overall quality of the parts seem inferior to the sunny.

• Praise 1

- lean burn ? should save fuel?

- centre would be for the maid

- Thought of Avante, spec wise best but afraid of the korean klaw back on price of spare parts.

- Thanks, noted the rear leg room of Lancer.

- Vios looks narrower than the 2. My assumption is that it would be more cramp at back. Altis would have been my 1st choice. But I looking at cars with OMV=<12k.

- ur 12/L is for 5mt?

- Cat B don say lor. Wish. But I can only wish. omv 23k. At 50% its still more than my full omv.

- a new coat would be nice. Esp if its dark coloured but I want a light coloured car.

- Uncle prev owner sometimes has its perks. Less fierce on pedal......ccornering.......this in turns lead to a car that is less prone to....... :) anyway in 1.5yrs time I also entering uncle hood liao....haha

- I'm getting the jerk on my Getz also. Started at the ~105k km mark. Though its gradual wear & tear b4 rebuild as oppose to an inherant problem?

- If renew 10years, around 5-7yrs.....I should be having 2 teenage daughters by then...hopefully legroom room wont be too bad.

- Yes, realiability & avail of parts. Dont want to be in a sitiation where I need to always source things from the yard.

Thanks for all the feedback bros. Will be sleeping on it for a while. :)

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

I have a COE renewed Lancer CVT. so let me share my experience below.

10km/L is about right for normal driving. Careful driving can get 11 to 12 I think.

Never tried this. No child seat. But definitely can fit 5 adults comfortably

You have to consider the age and the fact that it's CVT. I mean, Lancer is not very powerful to begin with.

I also extend driver seat quite far back. Rear leg room thus far no issues or complains from passengers

Lancer still quite common, so I reckon this one should be no problem.

Definitely can

I got friends say my air-con too cold. Hahaha. Actually this one is down to maintenance.

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 2

Vios?

Lancer =timing belt......consumption good

Sunny =timing chain---not v fuel efficient

Vios=timing chain.....gd petrol consumption, gd pick up, but rear seat a bit cramp......

Verna = timing belt...gd petrol consumption, gd pick up, but rear seat a bit cramp...... ( but who wants to pay for a hyundai)

save a bit more...go n get the Altis... u will not regret...long run better and gd resale value

Funny logic leh.

If want to get 2nd hand car, wouldn't a korean be a better choice since lower resale value is cheaper to buy since the specs, maintenance and parts are almost similar?

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2