Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

The ecoboost version finally hit our shores.

This version looks more like a facelift as it's still using the same chassis. The front grille has that Aston Martin look and it does take sometime to get used to.

But it's the 1.0l turbo ecoboost engine that is the most interesting part of the addition. Although it's 100ps but with a torque of 170nm, it's sure to have a decent pickup and drivability. The fc is about 20kml but I'd be happy if it can get 18kml in local roads.

But I'm curious why they are bringing in the 100ps version instead of the 125ps version of the engine? Both are still 1.0l and both will still be cat A. The 125ps is definitely more drivable and will give the golf and polo a run of their money!

Think it's around 110k now and hope se will throw in some discount.

Anyone eyeing this?
FIESTA-006_ambiente-620x414.jpg

Edited by Deeq
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

This version looks more like a facelift as it's still using the same chassis. The front grille has that Aston Martin look and it does take sometime to get used to.

But it's the 1.0l turbo ecoboost engine that is the most interesting part of the addition. Although it's 100ps but with a torque of 170nm, it's sure to have a decent pickup and drivability. The fc is about 20kml but I'd be happy if it can get 18kml in local roads.

But I'm curious why they are bringing in the 100ps version instead of the 125ps version of the engine? Both are still 1.0l and both will still be cat A. The 125ps is definitely more drivable and will give the golf and polo a run of their money!

Anyone eyeing this?

Malaysia one also 125bhp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95qQcH6MLM

• Praise 2

Anyone eyeing this?

RM's list price is $118k......for 1L 3cyl? [hur][hur] yeah ecoboost n all but i tink for this kinda city car, i rather go for a jazz or K3 and keep the change.

• Praise 2

The fiesta is akin to the Mazda 2. I believe they share the same chassis. I drove the previous gen fiesta in UK before and I say it's pretty competent.

The K3 may be a good choice for it's size but I think it's a close fight with the Jazz cos the Jazz is not exactly cheap.

• Praise 2

I drove the C-Max 6spd manual with the same engine in Germany.

The engine is very smooth all the way to red line. There is enough power for our city driving,.

Only when above 120km/h than the power felt not enough.

• Praise 2

I think when it comes to turbocharged engine it better to look at torque figure...like I will always say.

I think be it 99hp or 123hp the torque is the same at 170Nm? Yes?

You have a wide range of usable torque between 1400rpm to 4500rpm.

If you compare it to a 1.8L NA engine, say max torque 174Nm at 4200rpm.

Now you look at the power to weight ratio. the Fiesta weighs around 1.1ton or less dan 1.2ton.

What you are looking at is actually the power of a NA 1.8L but in a car body that weighs 1.1ton. It's actually a lot of fun to drive and the torque comes as early as 1400rpm. The Jazz is nowhere as fun to drive. The acceleration part is definitely more fun dan the Jazz.

if you want more power aftermarket chip will give it more turbo boost. That's the fun thing about TC engine. There's always room for mod.

• Praise 2

RM's list price is $118k......for 1L 3cyl? [hur][hur] yeah ecoboost n all but i tink for this kinda city car, i rather go for a jazz or K3 and keep the change.

Thats list price lah..When you are serious it would change.

• Praise 2

I drove the C-Max 6spd manual with the same engine in Germany.

The engine is very smooth all the way to red line. There is enough power for our city driving,.

Only when above 120km/h than the power felt not enough.

Pity that in Singapore the agent is not very willing to bring in manual models

• Praise 3

Thats list price lah..When you are serious it would change.

That's true with most ADs but then again with a list price of $118k, how much discount can they give? I feel this range of car should be priced at least $10k lower ie $105k to $108k bearing in mind Jazz 1.3 is around there as well!

• Praise 5

I think when it comes to turbocharged engine it better to look at torque figure...like I will always say.

Now you look at the power to weight ratio. the Fiesta weighs around 1.1ton or less dan 1.2ton.

What you are looking at is actually the power of a NA 1.8L but in a car body that weighs 1.1ton. It's actually a lot of fun to drive and the torque comes as early as 1400rpm. The Jazz is nowhere as fun to drive. The acceleration part is definitely more fun dan the Jazz.

if you want more power aftermarket chip will give it more turbo boost. That's the fun thing about TC engine. There's always room for mod.

The 123ps model has 200nm of torque which is more, that puts it the same as the vw tsi range without the dsg problem. I guess many are put off by the price.

100ps it may be but I believe the 170nm make it a ride with smooth pickup to urban speed, sound very driveable. Cannot compare with the draggy NA engines.

But about modding I'm not sure how sensitive ecoboost engines are, maybe not be able to do stage 1 mod like most other tc engines.

Actually I find it funny why locals shunned the Ford brand, it's so popular in Europe.

Edited by Pocus

That's true with most ADs but then again with a list price of $118k, how much discount can they give? I feel this range of car should be priced at least $10k lower ie $105k to $108k bearing in mind Jazz 1.3 is around there as well!

That is with the assumption that the fiesta is a more inferior car than the Jazz. The jazz is also listed at 113k but looking at the specs it's actually a poorer performer with lower powered engine even though it's a 1.3

I'm think of giving this car a spin over the weekends. Will do a FR if I do..

• Praise 1

Actually I find it funny why locals shunned the Ford brand, it's so popular in Europe.

coz ford is considered as "conti" and outdated stereotypes are still strong in sg.

i.e.

"conti car always overheat"

"conti car jiak yu"

"conti car very expensive to service" (ok lah....still some truth to that - blame the greedy local ADs)

"conti car always breakdown"

but when it comes to prestige factor, ford is not seen as a "conti".

LL....no prizes for guessing why ford is shunned locally. doesn't help that the showroom is a tad unwelcoming too..... [dizzy]

• Praise 6

That is with the assumption that the fiesta is a more inferior car than the Jazz. The jazz is also listed at 113k but looking at the specs it's actually a poorer performer with lower powered engine even though it's a 1.3

I'm think of giving this car a spin over the weekends. Will do a FR if I do..

Thks bro, appreciate the write-up and feedback.

I too quite like this car but not sure of the 1 litre engine but that said some good reports in European car mags of this ecoboost engine.

As per some forumers here, SG got 100hp but other markets 125hp so maybe AD needs to explain?

• Praise 2

Thks bro, appreciate the write-up and feedback.

I too quite like this car but not sure of the 1 litre engine but that said some good reports in European car mags of this ecoboost engine.

As per some forumers here, SG got 100hp but other markets 125hp so maybe AD needs to explain?

Yes with definitely ask the SE. Maybe some of them already reading this thread....give them a few days to prepare a "model answer"

Yes with definitely ask the SE. Maybe some of them already reading this thread....give them a few days to prepare a "model answer"

Haha good one!

My guess AD answer would be "LTA lah now clamping down on just below 130hp cars, do dyno tests etc, so on safe side RM bring in 100hp so confirm Cat A"

Kudos to you guys for being so sharp and knowledgeable about different hp of this car!! Thks again!!

• Praise 2

Really wish they put this Eco-boost in a Ford Focus -_-

good car must at least hv some power .............. not mentioning their ST/RS model lar, tat too high liao n is manual :excl:

Edited by FourZero
  • Praise 3

torque more important or power more important..

if the user frequent highway trip up north, should get more power or more torque?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2