Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

100 bhp and 170 nm is enough lah. 125 bhp is used on the ford focus which I am waiting patiently. Why this ecoboost 1.0l is more powerful thn diesel? Simple diesel engines cannot have linear acceleration is the harder u press the accelerator, the car cannot go fast even though rpm goes up. Petrol engines are vice versa. It is comparable to the mini one 5 door but 1.2l 3 cyc. Smaller car as can only seat 4 ppl tht why I opt for the cheaper fiesta instead. Diesel engines have better fuel consumption can go as far as 800km with full tank but the road tax is really ex is. $1.2k double tht of a petrol version. Of course the diesel engine has higher torque than the ecoboost 1.0l engine but ford has somehow tune the engine to behave like diesel in the initial pickup. Not bad design. Even VW tsi petrol engines has to press accelerator hard.

↡ Advertisement

Last time your Touran got puncture a few days after collection then you said VW gave you secondhand tyres, now your Fiesta also got puncture? You live near construction site?

U not happy I change car is it??? Go and love ur VW touran!!! Even if my nee car tires puncture after 2nd day, I change new tires at 1/4 of the cost touran tires so who cares even if my ford car is not so reliable too??? At least the maintenance is cheaper which itself is a piece of mind. Yes I stay in wild wild west near industrial estate so got many funny things on the road not like u stay condo or bungalow, so???? So btw this is not a VW forum so get lost!!!

Edited by Munhua

e31.jpg

I test drove both the Golf and Fiesta and interior space i would say is quite similar.

I am very tall (1.95m) and in fact both i can adjust to a comfortable driving position, but for both my teenage son has insufficient space to sit behind me. Smallest car I could find with good rear legroom is actually the Honda Vezel, seems like a good replacement for my current Tucson.

wow that isn't too bad. i always thought it was polo-sized.

but the focus might be a better fit as i am going to have to drive passengers around (future in-laws don't drive)..

sigh actually i wanted a manual GB which points me to the swift sport but its way too small to lug 5 people around [bigcry]

Edited by Eighttales

Welcome on board munhua! Lol what color is ur fiesta? How ur fc like?

Same color as sgcarmart ford fiesta - fashionista. Fc abt this 10l/100 km about 400 km per full tank.

e31.jpg

wow that isn't too bad. i always thought it was polo-sized.

but the focus might be a better fit as i am going to have to drive passengers around (future in-laws don't drive)..

sigh actually i wanted a manual GB which points me to the swift sport but its way too small to lug 5 people around [bigcry]

Actually I sit in the focus same space as fiesta. Only focus seats are bigger and of course car is bigger. U wat space buy the mondeo. Really luxurious but at a premium price. Got many safety features too.

U not happy I change car is it??? Go and love ur VW touran!!! Even if my nee car tires puncture after 2nd day, I change new tires at 1/4 of the cost touran tires so who cares even if my ford car is not so reliable too??? At least the maintenance is cheaper which itself is a piece of mind. Yes I stay in wild wild west near industrial estate so got many funny things on the road not like u stay condo or bungalow, so???? So btw this is not a VW forum so get lost!!!

Weird. So angry for what. I was only asking because last time you complained that your Touran got puncture because VW gave you secondhand tyres. But now it happened again to you so I guess it's the road problem not the tyre problem. Don't understand what tyres have to with car reliability anyway.

Turbocharged

I rented a Ford Fiesta 1.6 (previous gene) at KLIA few weeks back. Happy engine, can easily move up to 160km/hr. Stable car at that speed and cabin insulation is pretty good at high speed. FC is pretty good too.

Only thing is dash board design feels funny, seems too low..

Low speed steering is too light.

Understandable the rm gives very small LCD screens due to increasing profit margin. However the drive and handling is good enough. I believe the fix or repair daily acryomn is bec of initial dual clutch in 2011 which has improved over the yrs due to tcm SW update. Even Opel more powerful engine cannot beat the 10s ecoboost 1.0l engine (century sprint). Now most small cars below $100k this weekend very tempting.

Same color as sgcarmart ford fiesta - fashionista. Fc abt this 10l/100 km about 400 km per full tank.

Actually I sit in the focus same space as fiesta. Only focus seats are bigger and of course car is bigger. U wat space buy the mondeo. Really luxurious but at a premium price. Got many safety features too.

How come your Fiesta FC so bad? You must be very heavy right footed [sweatdrop]

(edited)

How come your Fiesta FC so bad? You must be very heavy right footed [sweatdrop]

Well tht is initially with 92. Now getting better with my lighter right foot and coasting. Must take time to get used to the car. Drives like my prev touran tdi.

Give it sometime and the gearbox will show its true colour.. Unless they have fixed that issue..

Yes I am waiting too. However ever since launch last yr Oct, no complaints from the 20 fiesta users according to se. Some even upgrade their rims. If so Volvo will also have problems as same GB but wet maybe. Getrag manufacture GB for few car brands. If got problem, other brands will suffer as well? Edited by Munhua

Turbocharged

Well tht is initially with 92. Now getting better with my lighter right foot and coasting. Must take time to get used to the car. Drives like my prev touran tdi.

Yes I am waiting too. However ever since launch last yr Oct, no complaints from the 20 fiesta users according to se. Some even upgrade their rims. If so Volvo will also have problems as same GB but wet maybe. Getrag manufacture GB for few car brands. If got problem, other brands will suffer as well?

May need longer for any GB problems to arise? Oct to now is only 6 months which isn't long.

(edited)

btw... ford powershift is the dry clutch version.. i got the same sXXt when i bought from my ford SE.. turns out volvo using wet clutch.. maybe they have replace the current gearbox to the wet version.

Edited by Budgetice

btw... ford powershift is the dry clutch version.. i got the same sXXt when i bought from my ford SE.. turns out volvo using wet clutch.. maybe they have replace the current gearbox to the wet version.

Yes indeed ford fiesta and focus are using dry clutch powershift. The rest shld be wet clutch as torque above 250Nm. Think it positively even ford owners comment that ford is still more reliable thn VW. Parts are still cheaper. 😃 one of the reasons why I change to a fiesta is also the nearby hertz car rental co. All under one roof. Very convenient. Do you know VW don't give courtesy cars any more? Rent min one Jetta can cost u $120 daily but hertz can rent smallest car for $65 daily if ford car spoil and need repairs.

Supersonic

Yes indeed ford fiesta and focus are using dry clutch powershift. The rest shld be wet clutch as torque above 250Nm. Think it positively even ford owners comment that ford is still more reliable thn VW. Parts are still cheaper. 😃 one of the reasons why I change to a fiesta is also the nearby hertz car rental co. All under one roof. Very convenient. Do you know VW don't give courtesy cars any more? Rent min one Jetta can cost u $120 daily but hertz can rent smallest car for $65 daily if ford car spoil and need repairs.

How often do you expect your car to breakdown that you have to plan for the workshop to be beside a car rental?

(edited)

How often do you expect your car to breakdown that you have to plan for the workshop to be beside a car rental?

haha interesting qestion. Definitely i hope breakdown not as frequent as the infamous VW car which is know to recondition their parts as reasured by ford owners in ford sg forums. Well even Pug is using the same rental car co under vantage automotive. Very interesting gadgets for the Pug 308 with park assist and blind sport monitoring system but the gb sucks. Mini One 5 door very attractive too but only 4 seater. No other supermini car can beat the ford ecoboost 3 cyc 1.0l engine as 1.0l can be on par with rivals 1.2l 3 cyc engines for a cheaper price with more CEVS rebate like the diesel.

Edited by Munhua

possible to post pics bro?

thinking of getting the golf replaced but i'm wondering if the fiesta is too small. seems like its polo-sized from the sgcarmart review pictures

follow the link below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Sg/1657716411123800?ref=hl

Ford has always been using wet clutch bro

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Sg/1657716411123800?ref=hl

↡ Advertisement