Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

(edited)

U confirm or not? If u are the sales... I hope you have gotten your facts right..

I am quite sure its dry clutch.. Unless spore mkt uses wet

If its wet... Then its worst.. Cause the vibration can get quite nasty

Edited by Budgetice
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My empty fuel gauge flash out too early even with 1/4 tank full. It has become like this ever since I pump full halfway. Is it faulty? Looks like ford cars have minor issues here and there.

My empty fuel gauge flash out too early even with 1/4 tank full. It has become like this ever since I pump full halfway. Is it faulty? Looks like ford cars have minor issues here and there.

I am eyeing for this eco-boosted Fiesta. Do update us more with its reliability!

BTW, Thanks for your update!

I am eyeing for this eco-boosted Fiesta. Do update us more with its reliability!

BTW, Thanks for your update!

At the weekend, it was advertised at $104,999- IIRC.

A reasonable price compared to Mz2 and Jazz but then again it has the highest CEVS amongst the 3 if not mistaken.

• Praise 3

This should be normal... my current Fiesta(not your new 1.0 Ecoboost one but the 1.4 ver) also will light out the low fuel warning at the 1/4 mark which initially i tot was an overkill. Another observation was the indicator will drop very fast from the 1/4 mark to the 0 mark... sometime even travelling just another 50km from the time the warning light is up. Anyway, even at the 0 mark, when I go to pump to full, only top up around 38 liters, should rightfully even at 0 can go another 30-40 km if i remember correctly the fuel tank capacity is 42 liter?

A reasonable price compared to Mz2 and Jazz but then again it has the highest CEVS amongst the 3 if not mistaken.

I was there yesterday afternoon... the price is $103,999 for 6 bids non-guarantee for the Titanium ver. Was helping to test drive together with my sis-in-law who's current car expiring next month.

The car is impressive but she's very much tempted by another model where the agent is willing to offer a very irresistible price.. almost 6k cheaper.

I was there yesterday afternoon... the price is $103,999 for 6 bids non-guarantee for the Titanium ver. Was helping to test drive together with my sis-in-law who's current car expiring next month.

The car is impressive but she's very much tempted by another model where the agent is willing to offer a very irresistible price.. almost 6k cheaper.

Wha what car is that man? Hardly can get sub $100k cars these days!

• Praise 3

Nissan Note... can consider as i think it should be a pretty decent car... MIJ as well.

M2 n ff are same at 15k cevs rebate

Nissan Note... can consider as i think it should be a pretty decent car... MIJ as well.

Ya forgot about this MIJ car, spacious as well; good competitor to the Fiesta but Fiesta, solidly built!!

M2 n ff are same at 15k cevs rebate

Ok thks for the clarification. We do have a good spread of small hatches to choose from, so really spoilt for choice here. BTW, congrats on your Mz2, keep the feedback coming!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

This should be normal... my current Fiesta(not your new 1.0 Ecoboost one but the 1.4 ver) also will light out the low fuel warning at the 1/4 mark which initially i tot was an overkill. Another observation was the indicator will drop very fast from the 1/4 mark to the 0 mark... sometime even travelling just another 50km from the time the warning light is up. Anyway, even at the 0 mark, when I go to pump to full, only top up around 38 liters, should rightfully even at 0 can go another 30-40 km if i remember correctly the fuel tank capacity is 42 liter?

Does fuel tank capacity include reserve? 42-38 = 4 litres which is honestly not much and will only be enough for 1 trip around, especially in a traffic jam. Better to top it up early, I tend to get a bit kan cheong when my low fuel light is on as I don't want to be stranded.

My wife's uncle did share with me. Hyundai were clearing their elantra.. Combined model coming soon..

Under 100k if you can confirm now.. That was 2 weeks ago..

Note there are two models - supercharged and non-supercharged.

seen several new notes on our roads lately, the lavender colour is quite popular it seems

The VW gearbox is manufactured by ZF and Ford uses Getrag. Chalk and cheese.....

VW group build their own gearbox. Only certain model source from ZF>

Hmmmm interesting. I was there on Sun morning with a friend but when I asked the salesman about the price advertised in the papers, he said no such thing and insisted that the price was $114k.

Even though we were looking at the Fiesta, he kept putting the car down and telling us that the Focus was a better buy. Things like "paying 100k plus for such a small car is not worth it" and " This car is more for girls."

Since he didn't seem interested in selling anything other than Focus, we didn't ask for a test drive and left.

Hmmmm interesting. I was there on Sun morning with a friend but when I asked the salesman about the price advertised in the papers, he said no such thing and insisted that the price was $114k.

Even though we were looking at the Fiesta, he kept putting the car down and telling us that the Focus was a better buy. Things like "paying 100k plus for such a small car is not worth it" and " This car is more for girls."

Since he didn't seem interested in selling anything other than Focus, we didn't ask for a test drive and left.

That's indeed ridiculous on the part of the salesman... perhaps he's getting a bigger commission if he sell the Focus. I would give this guy the sack if i'm the boss [mad]

As a matter of fact, i'm disappointed that the Focus they bring in here is not the one with the EcoBoost engine. The 1.0 EcoBoost engine in the Fiesta is an award winning engine in Europe... in fact, they even put it to the Focus & Mondeo...

If you're indeed keen, i can pm you the contact of my Ford SE... I'm sure you'll be quoted at least 10k less. Even, if you're just looking around, should just go for a test drive to feel for yourself how you like the car or not... this should do justice for both yourself & the car [laugh]

Note there are two models - supercharged and non-supercharged.

seen several new notes on our roads lately, the lavender colour is quite popular it seems

Should get only the supercharged one... the other would be underpower.

In term of power(even against the supercharged 1.2 Note) & handling, the Fiesta leads... but space wise, the Note would give more leg space & boot space. With such attractive pricing over the Fiesta, only those avid drivers would choose the Fiesta over the Note.