Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

That's indeed ridiculous on the part of the salesman... perhaps he's getting a bigger commission if he sell the Focus. I would give this guy the sack if i'm the boss [mad]

As a matter of fact, i'm disappointed that the Focus they bring in here is not the one with the EcoBoost engine. The 1.0 EcoBoost engine in the Fiesta is an award winning engine in Europe... in fact, they even put it to the Focus & Mondeo...

If you're indeed keen, i can pm you the contact of my Ford SE... I'm sure you'll be quoted at least 10k less. Even, if you're just looking around, should just go for a test drive to feel for yourself how you like the car or not... this should do justice for both yourself & the car [laugh]

Precisely i wonder why rm do not bring 1.0ecoboost engine for focus and mondeo. Yes fiesta maybe too small. I compare the ford Kuga and ford fiesta test drive. The 1.0l ecoboost is more lively. Well after July hope they in bring the above 2 models as stricter cevs. If not I stick with my fiesta for 10 yrs. I believe the se do not wat to sell fiesta because maybe not as many stocks as the focus and also can get higher commission. I heard 1 buyer settle for the fiesta after test drive the focus and fiesta as 1.0l ecoboost more fun to drive. Rm really do not take customer feedback seriously by bringing wrong models. 1.6l is and old engine and sooner or later will be replaced by ecoboost 1.0l after a few years. Even the new 1.5l ecoboost will replace 1.6l.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Precisely i wonder why rm do not bring 1.0ecoboost engine for focus and mondeo. Yes fiesta maybe too small. I compare the ford Kuga and ford fiesta test drive. The 1.0l ecoboost is more lively. Well after July hope they in bring the above 2 models as stricter cevs. If not I stick with my fiesta for 10 yrs. I believe the se do not wat to sell fiesta because maybe not as many stocks as the focus and also can get higher commission. I heard 1 buyer settle for the fiesta after test drive the focus and fiesta as 1.0l ecoboost more fun to drive. Rm really do not take customer feedback seriously by bringing wrong models. 1.6l is and old engine and sooner or later will be replaced by ecoboost 1.0l after a few years. Even the new 1.5l ecoboost will replace 1.6l.

1.0L EcoBoost may not do well in the Mondeo in SG. I have the feeling SGP shopping in this class would prefer a larger engine... Like maybe the 1.6L EcoBoost, but imho the Mondeo being such a great cruiser would be best with their DuraTorq diesels. Especially since the DuraTorq engines have good fuel economy.

The 1.0L EcoBoost will do fantastic in a Focus though I think. Really don't understand why they don't bring in EcoBoost for the Focus. <_<

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

What I like about the fiesta 1.0l

- wow the award winning engine that roars when pushed hard with the engine sound music to my ears.

- auto collapsing of side mirrors when closed

- Bluetooth (worth $1k)

- bi-xenon lights (worth $2k)

- color LCD (many other cars monochrome)

- blue needles

- ambient red lighting

- front Aston martin grille

- powershift dual clutch GB allows coasting

- value for money for the above features

- film suspension

- fuel efficient

- higher ride than sirocco (cheaper too)

- super powerful engine even when accelerate lightly until caught for speeding in orchard road haha

What I dislike

- small space

- low headroom can be fixed by shifting front seats further back

- not enough storage compartments but boot space sufficient to put 4 scooters plus bags!

- no LCD in instrument display like focus onwards

- no safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane and front assist from Kuga onwards

- the small 15" rims and tyres plus small disc and drum brakes although hill assist works very well compared to VW.

• Praise 1

There is a roadshow at JEM for Ford cars. Fiesta, Focus & Kuga on display. I guess interested people can go take a look, too bad the design really doesn't rock my boat, otherwise I think it's a pretty decent car in terms of specs.

Turbocharged
(edited)

What I like about the fiesta 1.0l

- wow the award winning engine that roars when pushed hard with the engine sound music to my ears.

- auto collapsing of side mirrors when closed

- Bluetooth (worth $1k)

- bi-xenon lights (worth $2k)

- color LCD (many other cars monochrome)

- blue needles

- ambient red lighting

- front Aston martin grille

- powershift dual clutch GB allows coasting

- value for money for the above features

- film suspension

- fuel efficient

- higher ride than sirocco (cheaper too)

- super powerful engine even when accelerate lightly until caught for speeding in orchard road haha

What I dislike

- small space

- low headroom can be fixed by shifting front seats further back

- not enough storage compartments but boot space sufficient to put 4 scooters plus bags!

- no LCD in instrument display like focus onwards

- no safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane and front assist from Kuga onwards

- the small 15" rims and tyres plus small disc and drum brakes although hill assist works very well compared to VW.

Bluetooth worth $1k to you? Seems a lot of money for a feature like that...

I thought our local Fiesta don't come with bi-xenon? Just halogen reflector?

Red ambient lighting is a personal taste thing... some would complain red is unwelcoming or hurts the eyes [dizzy]

others say sporty!

Edited by 7hm

Bluetooth worth $1k to you? Seems a lot of money for a feature like that...

I thought our local Fiesta don't come with bi-xenon? Just halogen reflector?

Red ambient lighting is a personal taste thing... some would complain red is unwelcoming or hurts the eyes [dizzy]

others say sporty!

Well VW car must charge $1k outside to put Bluetooth as not stand lard feature like ford. Some more ford has voice activated controls. Yes the sgcarmart says bi-xenon headlights for most new ford cars. U install bi-xenon lights for VW cars will cost u more than $2.5k. If u ask vcs to install for u will be double.

Ambient lighting can be modified outside I think if u do not like the red color. Maybe green or blue.

There is a roadshow at JEM for Ford cars. Fiesta, Focus & Kuga on display. I guess interested people can go take a look, too bad the design really doesn't rock my boat, otherwise I think it's a pretty decent car in terms of specs.

Wow! Are u sure not nice with Aston martin grille in front. If u notice properly focus back is the same as Volvo v40 back too. The Kuga is not nice as old design. Well up to individual taste. Maybe the merc cla class looks better which I agree but the price is super premium.

This is not a Kia K3?

:D

Still the mondeo should have a better drive as 237bhp and 7.9s. Faster than many premium cars like BMW or Mb.

Wow! Are u sure not nice with Aston martin grille in front. If u notice properly focus back is the same as Volvo v40 back too. The Kuga is not nice as old design. Well up to individual taste. Maybe the merc cla class looks better which I agree but the price is super premium.

Still the mondeo should have a better drive as 237bhp and 7.9s. Faster than many premium cars like BMW or Mb.

Aston martin doesn't rock my boat either but doesn't matter lah. We all buy cars for our own pleasure and our own eyes to feast on so design and all is really personal preference and no right no wrong either.

Most people buy Mercedes cos of the badge and the prestige, not so much of the drive though to me the drive is quiet, comfortable, stable and pleasant. Have never test driven the mondeo so not sure how to comment but horsepower and torque not important to me. Nevertheless the specs are pretty good for that price range I must say, seriously worth considering for most people.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Well VW car must charge $1k outside to put Bluetooth as not stand lard feature like ford. Some more ford has voice activated controls. Yes the sgcarmart says bi-xenon headlights for most new ford cars. U install bi-xenon lights for VW cars will cost u more than $2.5k. If u ask vcs to install for u will be double.

Ambient lighting can be modified outside I think if u do not like the red color. Maybe green or blue.

I would only pay like $200 for a good Bluetooth system... can just buy those parrot speaker system... or even better yet I just stick my Sound Blaster ($200) to the dash!! Or connect a existing bluetooth handsfree unit to the car's AUX port, also can!

Ford Focus Titanium has bi-xenon, so does Kuga. Ford Mondeo comes with Dynamic LED, but Fiesta Titanium here come only with halogen reflectors, this I am sure of. Don't rely on SGCarmart spec list, they are often full of errors or lack details... Mondeo for example they can say "Paddle Shifters: No"...

At least not nearly as bad as 1S. That site specs can sometimes be totally wrong.

As for modifying ambient lighting... imo I prefer to leave the car in stock condition for such things... prefer the car come with it from factory and use the original one. Especially since sometimes you really don't know how properly done the aftermarket electrical job is

Well, that is just straight line performance. The Mercedes-Benz C200 is faster with a lower output due to lower drag and lighter weight. Mondeo is still quite an agile ride but maybe not as much as a RWD BMW. Straight line performance is not particularly concerning to me atm, so long as <10.5s good enough for me. 240hp of course is nice to say though. More concerned with car's handling... Mondeo is quite competent in this regard though... but still so comfortable that it can really be compared to Audi/Mercedes.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_PowerShift_transmission

..................The PowerShift gearbox is a joint development between Ford, Getrag and Luk and was first introduced in Europe. Both Volvo and Ford use wet clutches and hydraulic actuation.[3][4] However, the new PowerShift gearbox used in the Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus uses dry clutches and electric motor/solenoid actuation.[2] Some have criticized the PowerShift's rough starts and lack of smooth shifting, but Ford has continually released (but not publicized) upgrades to transmission software and firmware designed to address these concerns.[5].........................

• Praise 2

Just went for my 1st 2500km svc. Quite like the polite and honest aftersales svc. Even hide my video cam wires and its safety features work perfectly like forward collision and lane departure warning systems. This papago p3 is cheaper than their offered Korean videocam by half so even the se dissuade me from buying it. Yes indeed 1/4 empty fuel indicator is normal to preserve the fuel pump. There is also a correct technique to pump fuel nozzle into the capless nozzle. Like the extended warranty to 200k but must buy before 60k mileage. A mondeo is available for daily rent at $138 if serious repairs. More value for money than a VW Jetta as luxury sedan. They also use factory specs but not free like 5w-20 engine oil which is rare outside just like the 17" rims. Btw BMW i8 has overtaken fiesta 1.0l ecoboost engine as international engine of the year 2015 but still beats VW engines. Even the pug 1.2 l turbo has overtaken the VW 1.4 tsi engines. Way to go vantage automobile!

Just went for my 1st 2500km svc. Quite like the polite and honest aftersales svc. Even hide my video cam wires and its safety features work perfectly like forward collision and lane departure warning systems. This papago p3 is cheaper than their offered Korean videocam by half so even the se dissuade me from buying it. Yes indeed 1/4 empty fuel indicator is normal to preserve the fuel pump. There is also a correct technique to pump fuel nozzle into the capless nozzle. Like the extended warranty to 200k but must buy before 60k mileage. A mondeo is available for daily rent at $138 if serious repairs. More value for money than a VW Jetta as luxury sedan. They also use factory specs but not free like 5w-20 engine oil which is rare outside just like the 17" rims. Btw BMW i8 has overtaken fiesta 1.0l ecoboost engine as international engine of the year 2015 but still beats VW engines. Even the pug 1.2 l turbo has overtaken the VW 1.4 tsi engines. Way to go vantage automobile!

I like your update. How much is the extended warranty? Is gearbox covered under this warranty? My main concern is this power shift GB!
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

The 1.0L EcoBoost will do fantastic in a Focus though I think. Really don't understand why they don't bring in EcoBoost for the Focus. <_<

that's coz they haven't paired an auto/Powershift transimission with EcoBoost engine yet for Focus (ref Ford UK)...

Nissan Note... can consider as i think it should be a pretty decent car... MIJ as well.

can tahan the CVT transmission?

Turbocharged

any idea what's this new camera of theirs? ...Davona...Daimona... or what the heck is it...

(edited)

any idea what's this new camera of theirs? ...Davona...Daimona... or what the heck is it...

I have forgotten abt it. U may go down to have a look. Definitely Korean brand used in Hyundai and kia cars. Cost abt $798 which is way too ex as less features than my current one. 2.4" LCD screen only too. Well still cheaper than safer features found in ford Kuga or mondeo which cost at least $40k or $20k more than fiesta or focus respectively. Btw my video cam bought in eBay as it is an obsolete model but with more features than latest papago model. Edited by Munhua

I like your update. How much is the extended warranty? Is gearbox covered under this warranty? My main concern is this power shift GB!

Yes transmission is covered under warranty. Extended warranty must top up from $1.7k

↡ Advertisement