Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

any idea what's this new camera of theirs? ...Davona...Daimona... or what the heck is it...

the brand is Dabonda .... Not sure which model but the design all look horrible expect the Power series.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

That's indeed ridiculous on the part of the salesman... perhaps he's getting a bigger commission if he sell the Focus. I would give this guy the sack if i'm the boss [mad]

As a matter of fact, i'm disappointed that the Focus they bring in here is not the one with the EcoBoost engine. The 1.0 EcoBoost engine in the Fiesta is an award winning engine in Europe... in fact, they even put it to the Focus & Mondeo...

If you're indeed keen, i can pm you the contact of my Ford SE... I'm sure you'll be quoted at least 10k less. Even, if you're just looking around, should just go for a test drive to feel for yourself how you like the car or not... this should do justice for both yourself & the car [laugh]

Depends on the SE I guess. My first SE when I view the mondeo was good and always follow up. Felt bad I didn't but buy anything.

Second SE ai mai ai mai, I suspect same guy, no follow up and not interested to do business.

As for the Focus, They will sure bring in the 1.0 ecoboost focus. It's just a matter of time.

Edited by Pocus

So kiasi abt powershift dual clutch dry gb for what? Still better than a vw or Audi 7 spd dry dual clutch. Reliability index website rates a fiesta higher reliability than a vw or bmw. The latest Audi a1 1.0l hatchback can't even beat the fiesta century sprint of 10 s short of 1 s. Only the bmw 116d can beat the fiesta and diesel twin power too. Very attracted by this car as I know the fuel consumption mileage is high for a diesel car almost can go twice the distance as a fiesta with a full tank. However I read bad reviews about the bmw Diesel engine timing chain can come out easily. Diesel engines are heavy too they can wear out your front tires within a year. Rear wheel drive is dangerous on wet roads.tell u all a joke - recently I duplicate my car key with soxxi toh guan and after that my mileage to 0 is 700 km??? Better than diesel??? Of course not after driving a while, it reads 475 km to 0. I usually pump at 400km to lengthen the durability of the fuel pump as sa recommend never pump near empty. However who won't be tempted by a good brand? For $133k, the bmw 116d is a good buy and more spacious than a fiesta. Well those who have not bought a fiesta or focus may consider as no petrol or hybrid or electric car can beat a turbodiesel car in fuel consumption although I must admit the fiesta 1.0l engine drives like the Diesel engine but very quiet.

Edited by Munhua

Coe for my existing ride expires in Jun next year, so reviewing potential shortlist for next ride..

My concern is whether RM has ready stock or they can bring in the car within 3-4 months..

Usually nowadays u will get a car within a mth after u order unless u special indent because of extra options. The new vw Passat is also here but mates to a 7 spd dry gb will be a disaster after 1 yr. Do not believe the se even if he tells u gb fixed or wet clutch.

Turbocharged

Coe for my existing ride expires in Jun next year, so reviewing potential shortlist for next ride..

My concern is whether RM has ready stock or they can bring in the car within 3-4 months..

Fiesta, Focus (trend) and Kuga (trend) should have. Mondeo last last last units liao, until next batch of 1.5L.

Focus Titanium and Kuga Titanium no more.

Regent seems to keep extremely small stocks, as do sibling company AUTOFRANCE. Likely because of middleman Ford Singapore and their overall very small market share.

Turbocharged

Fiesta, Focus (trend) and Kuga (trend) should have. Mondeo last last last units liao, until next batch of 1.5L.

Focus Titanium and Kuga Titanium no more.

Regent seems to keep extremely small stocks, as do sibling company AUTOFRANCE. Likely because of middleman Ford Singapore and their overall very small market share.

Think fiesta no stock at the moment.

That means most likely the wait will be long as Regent Motors won't know till Ford Singapore says the cars are sailing.

That means most likely the wait will be long as Regent Motors won't know till Ford Singapore says the cars are sailing.

Think fiesta no stock at the moment.

Well if u urgent need of a car, if u wat branded

For vw, get the tiguan, sharan or golf gti, etc as all wet clutches which is used for torque higher than 250 Nm.

Merc and Volvo quite reliable compared to Audi or BMW.

For normal cars Nissan, Mitsubishi,Mazda, Toyota have very good bargains some even less than $100k.

Citroen or pug not bad too as reliable too but not renault- I hearsay only.

Rm pug 3008 diesel is a good buy. More spacious and good fuel consumption than fiesta.more features too like park assist.

Currently driving a Toyota, no particular preference for any brands though the ecoboost engine pique my interest in fiesta..

As long as pricing of fiesta is competitive, dun mind giving it a try.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Currently driving a Toyota, no particular preference for any brands though the ecoboost engine pique my interest in fiesta..

As long as pricing of fiesta is competitive, dun mind giving it a try.

Yes... pricing of Ford right now is highly competitive. What's not competitive is their aftersales packages. Three free labor servicings only?

Where's all the three year/five year free servicing plans?!

Yes... pricing of Ford right now is highly competitive. What's not competitive is their aftersales packages. Three free labor servicings only?

Where's all the three year/five year free servicing plans?!

True minors parts like engine oil and filter must pay. However they are still cheaper than svc a branded car like vw. Vcs maybe free but most of the time it is in workshop due to frequent breakdown, so which one do u wat to choose? For major parts in ford is free like gb or engine under 5 yr or 100000 km warranty. Extend warranty to 200000km need extra topup. Edited by Munhua
  • Praise 1

The Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Titanium 1.0A ( what a mouthful ) is now priced at an all time low of $93K. Priced just dropped $10K on 21 Jan, even though Cat A COE went up by $6K.

Very solid continental feel, and high end interior. Front grill resembles the Aston Martin.

This German marque is definitely a steal, compared to the cramped VW Polo 1.2 which costs $3K more, and the Nissan Note DIG-S which costs $2K less but comes with a 3 cylinder engine and has limited load capacity of only 275 kg ( gross weight minus kerb weight).

HONDA Jazz 1.3? Isn't it silly to pay a $9K premium?

The Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Titanium 1.0A ( what a mouthful ) is now priced at an all time low of $93K. Priced just dropped $10K on 21 Jan, even though Cat A COE went up by $6K.

Very solid continental feel, and high end interior. Front grill resembles the Aston Martin.

This German marque is definitely a steal, compared to the cramped VW Polo 1.2 which costs $3K more, and the Nissan Note DIG-S which costs $2K less but comes with a 3 cylinder engine and has limited load capacity of only 275 kg ( gross weight minus kerb weight).

HONDA Jazz 1.3? Isn't it silly to pay a $9K premium?

Tks for the info n yes it is a good car which is solidly built.

Only complaint I have is that it's abit cramp esp the headroom n I'm not tall. Must bend my head abit to get into the driver's seat. Don't remember having to do this in other small hatches. Do u find it like this as well? Surprised actually being European built.

The doors close with a resounding thud n heard the 1litre engine is both economical n powerful at the same time!!

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

The doors close with a resounding thud n heard the 1litre engine is both economical n powerful at the same time!!

and also so powerful that driver forget to be economical! haha! [laugh]

• Praise 1

It was going at $90k (after CEVS rebate of $10k) during motor show. Comes with solar film, dash cam, 3M Mat, 5-year free servicing and 1 year road tax. OMV, I was told is about $17k. So scrap value only $3.5k.

Tested the car last week. Powerful and good drivability. Excellent for city driving. However, it feels hollow and has very poor insulation. Very noisy. I think Focus is a better choice.

Ya a real steal from my $100k price. Although cramped, the engine is very powerful with ecoboost which can overtake cars very easily with light foot. The suspension is very firm and steady just like bmw. The focus 1.6 engine don't even have the power. I am waiting very patiently for the focus 1.0 to trade in but like forever never come, so I stick with this car until then. It also drives like a diesel with high torque but quiet so I can't buy another diesel anymore although more fuel efficient. U need to test drive the fiesta to enjoy its fun as cannot be explained in real words. It is truely an amazing award winning engine. No other ford engine can be compared to this as it lightens the car with just a4 size. Even mondeo also got 1.0l overseas. It does not torture the dual clutch powershift gearbox. The pug 1.2l can't even be compared with this ford engine as pug do not have dual clutch gb. I wish more ppl will buy this engine and we can start the fiesta 1.0l club and organise gtg. It is a direct competitor to the vw 1.4 tsi engine which has many problems Bec of the 7spd dry gb. Ford will become a game changer one day with its autonomous cars with google and this amazing engine. USA will outbeat Germany in producing high tech cars as German cars are more super complicated with more faults.

Edited by Munhua
↡ Advertisement