Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

The only Ford I have driven is the MID Ford GP car ha ha. Not too bad except there was once my driver left the headlights on for whole night batt flat.

Next morning dunno what to do. Jump start with cable to Landrover also cannot start no choice call MID Veh breakdown service. I think it was a fuse blown.

↡ Advertisement

They say it's only once you've driven a Ford then you will keep going back to the showroom to see their lineup.

Reminds me of this chap that had a Focus, then a ST and now a RS.

• Praise 1

Had 2 Ford cars as a family car.

560px-1990_Ford_KF_Laser_L_01.jpg

29830490001_large.jpg

They say it's only once you've driven a Ford then you will keep going back to the showroom to see their lineup.

The 2nd one is a Laser right?

Laser is Jap made 323 clone I believe, compared to Focus; quite a diff drive wise right?

• Praise 3

The 2nd one is a Laser right?

Laser is Jap made 323 clone I believe, compared to Focus; quite a diff drive wise right?

Both are lasers but different gen.

Both are what you call Mazda 323 "clones" but what many people dunno is the laser is actually the better version of both cars with more option, better interior and a better transmission.. The famous GHIA gearbox is actually very quick in response, almost like Toyota's super Ect in sports mode.

I only had a short drive in the focus and it's too long ago to remember, but I reckon both drive should be very different since they are based on different philosophies.

Both are lasers but different gen.

Both are what you call Mazda 323 "clones" but what many people dunno is the laser is actually the better version of both cars with more option, better interior and a better transmission.. The famous GHIA gearbox is actually very quick in response, almost like Toyota's super Ect in sports mode.

I only had a short drive in the focus and it's too long ago to remember, but I reckon both drive should be very different since they are based on different philosophies.

Ok thanks, nearly bought a Laser years back; can't really remember why I didn't buy it eventually, think I bought a Corolla instead (typical Singaporean!). Didn't know the Laser was the better version cos I also owned 323 in year 2000 but I believe that version didn't have the Laser equivalent then.

• Praise 2

Ok thanks, nearly bought a Laser years back; can't really remember why I didn't buy it eventually, think I bought a Corolla instead (typical Singaporean!). Didn't know the Laser was the better version cos I also owned 323 in year 2000 but I believe that version didn't have the Laser equivalent then.

Oh the last 323 issit? I think that's a solid car. But I think it's not the same as the Ford Laser selling that time. That laser is made in the Philippines and look nothing like the 323.

Think that was the time ford and Mazda split for awhile.

Haha, I also doubtful if I made the right decision to sell it. Till now, still have fond memories of it.

brother you are now on an Italian or moved on to another nationality?

Reminds me of this chap that had a Focus, then a ST and now a RS.

magfocus aka roy

• Praise 1

Oh the last 323 issit? I think that's a solid car. But I think it's not the same as the Ford Laser selling that time. That laser is made in the Philippines and look nothing like the 323.

Think that was the time ford and Mazda split for awhile.

Yes the last 323. You're right, I slowly recalling that time (Yr 2000), the Laser made in Philippines and it's a different car altogether.

The Laser I nearly bought was Yr 1995 IIRC. Bought the Corolla 1.3 (A) instead for $99k which was damn ex for a Jap car in those days!

Me Uncle liao so can't remember the details.

Those days, Corolla, 323, Laser, Lancer and Sunny were the BNB cars.

Civic was more pricey and atas so considered Premium BNB? lol!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

brother you are now on an Italian or moved on to another nationality?

still on italian, but getting sian already. But coe also ridiculous now to change.

On-off still will reminisce about the good ol' mk1.

• Praise 1

Actually Sinkaporean car buying habits easily sum up to the following also very boring

First Class - Ferrari, Lam, Mersarati etc .....

Business Class - Merc, BMW etc....

Economical Class, reliable no frills - Toyota, Honda etc....

Budget Class - Kia, Hyundai, etc.....

No Class - Bus MRT taxis - just kidding I also take these transport.

You have a good point. This is how they class us which I don't agree to.

One day I will find a homeless billionaire and prove them wrong.

If anyone know any homeless billionaire, faster pm me.

First Class - Landed Property

Business Class - Condo.

Economical Class, 5 room flat and EA

Budget Class - 4 room and 3 room

No Class - 1 room and 2 room and homeless.

:D

• Praise 2

Had 2 Ford cars as a family car.

560px-1990_Ford_KF_Laser_L_01.jpg

29830490001_large.jpg

Ford stands for Fix Or Repair Daily and its true once you own a Ford you will keep going to the back

of the showroom where the workshop is to get it fixed. Just kidding!

I used to own a Ford too and it was a very reliable car. Could have been that it was really

a Mazda 3 with a Ford badge thats why it was so reliable.

It even ran without oil when my gasket leaked but it had a can of Nasa in it

and the engine never seized. I think the Nasa is PTFE and caused the leak

but it also coated the engine and that save it from seizing up.

• Praise 4

You have a good point. This is how they class us which I don't agree to.

One day I will find a homeless billionaire and prove them wrong.

If anyone know any homeless billionaire, faster pm me.

First Class - Landed Property

Business Class - Condo.

Economical Class, 5 room flat and EA

Budget Class - 4 room and 3 room

No Class - 1 room and 2 room and homeless.

The list goes on my friend...

First Class - Patek, Rolex AP....

Business Class - Tag, Panarai, Longines, Omega, IWC

Economic Class - Oris, Ball, Raymond Weil

Budget Class - Casio, Citizen,

...No Class - "Excuse me can you tell me what time is it now? Thanks" haha [laugh]

My wife recently took her Tissot to City chain to chg batt. The staff there told her Tissot is high class watch they don't chg. What? I didn't know Tissot that atas. lol.

Looking at my list below, I don't know where to place Ford?

First Class - Ferrari, Lam, Mersarati etc .....

Business Class - Merc, BMW etc....

Economical Class, reliable no frills - Toyota, Honda etc....

Budget Class - Kia, Hyundai, etc.....

• Praise 2

I think it is not just about the spare parts and local support that swings Singapore buyers. ford spares aren't that difficult to find......and always when I heard people's recommendation about second hand cars, it has always been "jap cars because they are very reliable and seldom break down"

there was this uncle at tyre workshop who also told me my ford is a brand that always brake down. I couldn't be bothered with his comments. over the 4 years that I owned it, it was very reliable......perhaps less break down than my friends thai made altis and vios

but of course, I have to also acknowledge your point that we cannot just use particular model reliability to extrapolate into brand reliability.

For that uncle in the workshop. u know what FORD means to him?

F orever

O ff

R oad,

D amn.

For that uncle in the workshop. u know what FORD means to him?

F orever

O ff

R oad,

D amn.

I can't stand such people who use hearsay to pass off as real personal experience.

Finally, Ford Focus coming with their Eco-boost 😄👍

The New and Improved Ford Focus

The new Ford Focus will enhance its reputation as the world's best-selling car with a bolder exterior design, a well crafted, intuitive new interior and about 18 new or improved driver assistance technologies and fuel economy improvements.

Available in five -door and estate body styles, the new Focus has a lower, wider stance, with a new bonnet, front fascia and grille. The bonnet is sculpted with a dynamic shape from the front pillar to the corners of the upper part of the inverted trapezoidal grille to deliver a strong, proud look. Slimmer, chiselled front headlamps and elongated fog-lamps add to the bolder front end. Subtle chrome details add to the feeling of elegance while the rear of the car also is sleeker with a new fascia and tailgate arrangement, as well as thinner tail lamps.

As for the interior of the new Focus, Ford listened to customer feedback and responded with a more intuitive layout, complemented by a steering wheel and central stack with fewer controls and switches. The new black satin trim and chrome detailing contribute to a cleaner, more modern look. The redesigned centre storage console offers more space as well as a new sliding, integrated armrest. The adjustable console accommodates a variety of bottles and cups with the capacity to hold a one-litre water bottle and a 0.4-litre cup simultaneously.

The new Focus offers fuel efficiency improvements of up to 15% compared with the current model, and a significant reduction in CO2 emissions across the range. New Focus will continue to offer a 99 g/km CO2 100PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine variant.

The new Focus also will be offered with Fords new fuel-efficient 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, available with 150PS and 182PS with a new six-speed automatic gearbox. When mated to the six-speed manual gearbox the engine will deliver a seven per cent fuel efficiency improvement compared with the outgoing 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine that offered equivalent power. In 2015 it also will be offered with a six-speed automatic transmission.

It will also be offered for the first time with Fords 1.5-litre TDCi diesel, available with 95PS or 120PS, and a 10% fuel efficiency improvement compared to the 1.6-litre engine it replaces. The 150PS 2.0-litre TDCi model with six-speed manual gearbox will deliver a 15 per cent improvement over the previous 140PS model.

SE told me to expect around 17 to 18km/l in sg roads instead of 20km/l on paper, which is what I guessed. It's very good fc liao.

SE mention if 123ps model is bought it the omv will be in conflict with the focus range so that's why they din bring it. He mention our local fiesta is from Germany while malaysian fiesta is produced locally.

Omv for fiesta iirc is 17 or 18k. Cevs I din ask. Might want to confirm with se if you interested.

From what you mentioned on the prices, it seem RM is pricing it similarly to when they launched the previous Fiesta back in 2009.

Back then around Apr 09, COE was in the $6k+ region. The OMV is just 14-15k... & i got mine at around 56k++ with all the discount throw in (i'm among the early buyer during launch + also previous Ford owner).

So given the current COE, i think the best they could give would just be 2-3k less than the 118k list price unless they willing to drop their margin further.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2