Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

Supercharged
(edited)

I am also another soon to be fiesta owner. Can't register sg ford club though. Check out the new ford focus this weekend starting frm 109k. Actually it is with great sadness tht I downgrade from a 1 yr old touran tdi due to practically and GB issues. Well I am taking another risk for the powershift 6 spd dual clutch GB. Ford is underrated car in spore. I can tell u the ford fiesta engine is even more powerful than a polo tsi and has high torque like tdi. My se told me an ex VW roc and golf mk7 trade in for focus too due to the problematic dsg. So far the 20 fiesta owners have no issues with the GB for past 7 mths since it is launched but still hard to say. Well, even it breaks down for me like my touran tdi, it is still cheaper to maintain with low car rental, road tax, less queue (VW workshop like fish mkt). I manage to change car without much loss. Thk God.

hehe as I suspected, I gave vw cars,in particular the touran the wide berth after reading about their reliability issue.

I owned a mk2 focus and it was very reliable and problem free. I actually miss the feeling of owning a ford for sometime already hehe....

I believe fiesta is a good buy although it is rare in Singapore. as we all know, Singapore market is dominated by jap cars in the small car segment. so, you can view the relative lack of fiestas on Singapore roads in a positive light

Edited by Acemundo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ford is indeed a good drive .. stable on high speed ..can kup certain corner with confidence ..but its powershift gear box is like knn .... something like " telling u something , but you look at me with a blur face ..saying "whaaat" slowly .. a dreamer gearbox i would say

Turbocharged

powershift compared to sillyspeed leh?

Fiesta on my shortlist for next car.

I owned a mk2 focus and it was very reliable and problem free. I actually miss the feeling of owning a ford for sometime already hehe....

mk2 ah? I always got the impression u drove mk1

hehe as I suspected, I gave vw cars,in particular the touran the wide berth after reading about their reliability issue.

I believe fiesta is a good buy although it is rare in Singapore. as we all know, Singapore market is dominated by jap cars in the small car segment. so, you can view the relative lack of fiestas on Singapore roads in a positive light

Ya not just GB. My touran tdi tyre puncture after only 2 wks. The GB mechactronics unit died on me after 1 year. Wow! I can't imagine more problems otw. It is true the clutch had improved but wat abt other parts? Have u heard of another owner who had to pay 20k for water in engine after only a week in news? Once you owe a VW, it is your worst nightmare although I can't deny the drive is good with smoother dsg. I know only the premium VW cars are more lasting due to wet clutch but they are at BMW and Mb prices.

powershift compared to sillyspeed leh?

Fiesta on my shortlist for next car.

mk2 ah? I always got the impression u drove mk1

Me too, I have always thought HJ had a Mk1. Guess we were wrong.

Supercharged
(edited)

Ya not just GB. My touran tdi tyre puncture after only 2 wks. The GB mechactronics unit died on me after 1 year. Wow! I can't imagine more problems otw. It is true the clutch had improved but wat abt other parts? Have u heard of another owner who had to pay 20k for water in engine after only a week in news? Once you owe a VW, it is your worst nightmare although I can't deny the drive is good with smoother dsg. I know only the premium VW cars are more lasting due to wet clutch but they are at BMW and Mb prices.

yeah I read abou that case. to me its hogwash that they deny the responsibility.....even then most good companies (for reputation and customer relationship management sake) would have rectify it for free even if it is not caused by them. I cannot believe they can be so high handed not to rectify it with a preferentially subsidised cost.

I tested the audi and fell in love with its silky dsg gearbox. just wondering if audi is free of vw-like reliability problems......

Me too, I have always thought HJ had a Mk1. Guess we were wrong.

I think the focus was registered in 2004. mk2 or mk1 ? unless I remembered wrongly.....

Edited by Acemundo

(edited)

yeah I read abou that case. to me its hogwash that they deny the responsibility.....even then most good companies (for reputation and customer relationship management sake) would have rectify it for free even if it is not caused by them. I cannot believe they can be so high handed not to rectify it with a preferentially subsidised cost.

I tested the audi and fell in love with its silky dsg gearbox. just wondering if audi is free of vw-like reliability problems......

U must understand that Audi is owned by VW group just like lambo, porshe, etc. So your question is answered especially Audi a1 and a3 which is using the same problematic 7 spd dry dsg. Only a4 onwards is better but u should know the premium price. If you wat an Audi get a Mb. BMW is too ex. The same getrag GB manufacturer for ford also do for Mb and BMW, pug, etc.btw Audi called the same engine tfsi while VW calls it tsi. Tsi has known spark plug and ignition coil pack issues after 6 mths u keep changing lor 😈 I know 1 Audi s3 owner downgrade to a Honda jazz. 😁 think man! Edited by Munhua

Turbocharged

I think the focus was registered in 2003. mk2 or mk1 ? unless I remembered wrongly.....

03 is mk1 lar. I remember the mk2 launch was about 07..

Supercharged

03 is mk1 lar. I remember the mk2 launch was about 07..

oh haha........ok then I remembered wrongly.

mine probably the facelift of mk1 so I wrongly remembered it as mk2.....

my focus is registered in 2004 now after I rethink abt it,.

U must understand that Audi is owned by VW group just like lambo, porshe, etc. So your question is answered especially Audi a1 and a3 which is using the same problematic 7 spd dry dsg. Only a4 onwards is better but u should know the premium price. If you wat an Audi get a Mb. BMW is too ex. The same getrag GB manufacturer for ford also do for Mb and BMW, pug, etc.btw Audi called the same engine tfsi while VW calls it tsi. Tsi has known spark plug and ignition coil pack issues after 6 mths u keep changing lor 😈 I know 1 Audi s3 owner downgrade to a Honda jazz. 😁 think man!

meaning all models of audi gotta keep changing the ignition coil pack?

Looks like old ford cars are quite durable like pug. Not too sure of the new ones though esp the powershift GB which have complaints overseas. So far only focus and fiesta are using powershift now in rm. My friend changed from an old mondeo to a Kuga and he let me test drive. Amazing too. Light acc with high torque make the car fly with the turbo ecoboost 1.6 which is even more powerful than his old 2.0 mondeo engine.

Supercharged

Looks like old ford cars are quite durable like pug. Not too sure of the new ones though esp the powershift GB which have complaints overseas. So far only focus and fiesta are using powershift now in rm. My friend changed from an old mondeo to a Kuga and he let me test drive. Amazing too. Light acc with high torque make the car fly with the turbo ecoboost 1.6 which is even more powerful than his old 2.0 mondeo engine.

tell me about it. I was also interested in the kuga on top of the s-max.....but was kind of thinking kuga may look underpowered on paper. haven't test driven the kuga yet but the s-max is pretty convincing.

I think so u can confirm checking the open Vagsg.com forum. There are many other complaints until u can become very fearful. But our stubborn ego make us cont to buy and retain until cannot dahan. I do not wish to commend further as this is a ford forum.

• Praise 1

have a twincharged golf mk6.. nice car while it lasts.

been 3 years, only 38,000km and i had coil pack issues, had to get the whole engine overhauled. and my MU failed recently.

everything was FOC cause the car is still under warranty

tell me about it. I was also interested in the kuga on top of the s-max.....but was kind of thinking kuga may look underpowered on paper. haven't test driven the kuga yet but the s-max is pretty convincing.

It is a turbo and u will enjoy the diesely engine just like the fiesta but it is not dct so shld be more reliable. Se told me the ford focus turbo will come later maybe the same ecoboost 1.0 as fiesta but tuned up to 123hp. This engine is nicer to drive than the non turbo 1.6 so in the end one even buy the fiesta on this focus launch weekend. In conclusion do not think VW cars are the best cars to drive with turbo and dsg as they are unreliable. Ford is an underrated car.

Supercharged

It is a turbo and u will enjoy the diesely engine just like the fiesta but it is not dct so shld be more reliable. Se told me the ford focus turbo will come later maybe the same ecoboost 1.0 as fiesta but tuned up to 123hp. This engine is nicer to drive than the non turbo 1.6 so in the end one even buy the fiesta on this focus launch weekend. In conclusion do not think VW cars are the best cars to drive with turbo and dsg as they are unreliable. Ford is an underrated car.

wow so you bought the fiesta? you no longer need to space required of your outgoing touran?

Congrats and keep us updated when you get the car with pics if convenient!!

May I know how much you paid for this car? the Trend version?

I also find this car very likeable and feel it would be a good fight with the Jazz who is more pricey but then again the Jazz has its supporters and features so that's a winner as well.

Nevertheless this Fiesta with its award winning engine is a good buy!!

• Praise 4

It is the titanium ver of fiesta. Price lower thn sgcarmart as got dsc. At least jazz got bigger led screens but fiesta on the whole looks bigger and the focus hatchbk is slightly bigger. If focus has 1.0l ecoboost I will buy tht car instead as not much diff in price but too bad with a 1.6l.

wow so you bought the fiesta? you no longer need to space required of your outgoing touran?

Haha! After driving a mpv for almost 9 yrs it is quite underutilized as only fetch some church friends until wife complain and hardly use all seats. It is not a practical car with 2 small kids only. Have also thought of getting a mini but cab seat only 4 ppl.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys , promise to write my review to bros here after my first servicing .

Previously I drove a perodua kelisa(6years). To me almost any car is an upgrade . But had a taste of sunny,matrix,swift , stream , Punto ,A4 .

Comfort: smooth , steady , insulation can improve but I am ok with it . I am 1.82 and still fitting comfortably for me. But back passages might be a it squeezy ( not recommended for big family )

Drive : very powerful 1l car and always give me a feeling that she is eager to soar. Overtaking is easy plus it small. Very responsive steering . Driving fast down the corner will not be a problem. You will feel the car is sticking itself to the road . The only downside is the dual crutch sometime can't decide which gear to go to result in lagging or jerking of the car. Overall very pleased with it

FC: so far clocking 14.2 km/l 50/50 city/highway . not up to my expectation 😕

Any bro who wish to know abt the car ,feel free .

Sorry for my poor England

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1