Clampdown on all posts with sexual references

Laserjet

We have seen an increasing number of members that makes sexual references indiscriminately and unconstructively, thereby degrading threads to sex-related topics. This is irksome to members who are genuinely interested in the discussion. It is also a violation of the forum guidelines and etiquette.

Generally we issue warning (yellow cards) to such offending members. However, we have been lax on this as we understand that some members may be making the violation unintentionally.

But this has to stop somewhere, so with immediate effect, the MCF moderating team will clamp down hard on such sexual innuendo. While we will carry on to issue warnings, those whom we judge to be unintentional offenders will be slapped on the wrists with a big Dislike of up to 30 points per post.

Sexual, non-family friendly discussions will be labeled with a NSFW. Please bring all your sexual discussions there.

All forum members are encouraged to issue dislike points to those who makes irrelevant posts with sexual innuendo in non-sexual discussion threads.

Examples as below.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695247-asian-countries-self-drive-holiday-story/?p=5255010

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695507-roc-army-rangers-have-their-first-female-member/page-3

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695814-guy-got-a-date-through-youtube/?do=findComment&comment=5263547

↡ Advertisement

Fellow members, please help us clean up the forum by disliking all posts that degrades proper threads into sex-related topics. Or you can report the post, or post the link here so that every member can chip in to Dislike.

But lets do it only to posts that occur after this announcement. ie, 3-Sept-2014 3:25pm.

The clampdown starts now.

Admin, I can understand the need to clamp down close to nude pictures but to clamp down even on some humsup talks I think it too much. I agree stuff below is OK to clamp down:

1) Exchange of info where to solicit sexual services.

2) Tease other members in anything related to sex.

3) Review of any sex related stuff.

• Praise 4

once in a while we tease and move on. But to denigrade and turn the whole thread discussion into one along those lines is overboard

And this happens in all other threads, regardless. Not palatable to the eyes, IMO.

We know our limits, save for a few others

Good. I support this move. Otherwise each and every thread will become a sex topic.

thanks. many times,we give subtle hints, and painstakingly delete those posts but ppl dun seem to realise and care...this has turned away a lot of forummers

no wonder ppl say this uncle forum..uncle that oni discuss tt......

timely, i must say

• Praise 3

finally it's time. I support. Always very annoying when a constructive discussion goes into some sexual talks which is totally off topic.

• Praise 6

Admin, I can understand the need to clamp down close to nude pictures but to clamp down even on some humsup talks I think it too much. I agree stuff below is OK to clamp down:

1) Exchange of info where to solicit sexual services.

3) Review of any sex related stuff.

Since the mod has spoken, I will also air my views bro. Been in this forum since like 2005, I've seen it's changes. The current trend is that most threads here will start proper but after sometimes, the tcss will set in and deviate from the TS's original intent. After awhile it simply becomes a sex thread.

Personally I'm perfectly fine but we haf to think abt other forumers whom are not into these stuffs and also the female forumers.

Afterall, this is mcf..car forum

• Praise 12

ermmmm.....does that mean we can't call porker ah gua anymore?.....

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

ermmmm.....does that mean we can't call porker ah gua anymore?.....

lol....as mentioned, those are pittens and we move on after 3/4 replies and thats that...but you noe wht we reffering to

anyway i call you old relic is not anything wrong! is the truth! [:p]

Supercharged

But this has to stop somewhere, so with immediate effect, the MCF moderating team will clamp down hard on such sexual innuendo. While we will carry on to issue warnings, those whom we judge to be unintentional offenders will be slapped on the wrists with a big Dislike of up to 30 points per post.

Wah pian !! 30 dislike points.... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Wah pian !! 30 dislike points.... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

and keep anonymous...hahahahahah...then complain lor, kpkb :D:D

lol....as mentioned, those are pittens and we move on after 3/4 replies and thats that...but you noe wht we reffering to

basket......u still here - they close gate n forgot abt u....again?? next time, i burn them door stopper ok? [:p]

• Praise 2

basket......u still here - they close gate n forgot abt u....again?? next time, i burn them door stopper ok? [:p]

no lah..burn this

doors_wood_doors_0139_01_thumb.jpg

Some of the suspects that requires warning:

-super7

-tvt

-ahjason

-pisces69

-tianmo

-porker

-thaiyotakamli (FULL BAN and IP LOCKED for 30 yrs)

-throttle2

see correction [:p]

• Praise 1

but you all have been calling him gay for 10 years, not just a few replies [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

but you all have been calling him gay for 10 years, not just a few replies [laugh][laugh]

lol....over many thousand of threads....

kinda household name aldy

↡ Advertisement