Drink Driving Is An Act Of Irresponsibility!

Osiris

Drunk Driving  

179 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

With what seems like more drunk driving cases, someone suggested this measure.

Do you agree with it?

maybe, if those lie to say not driving but caught driving, double the punishment to the driver,passengers only.

EXTRACTED FROM THE NEWSPAPER.

STI Home > ST Forum > Story

May 8, 2007

Drink driving: Learn from the Japanese

TRAFFIC accidents involving drink drivers are on the rise again.

It is time that the authorities implemented stricter laws to reduce this. Recently, I was in Japan and learnt there are strict laws on drink driving there.

In pubs, before a customer orders a drink, the bartender will ask if he is driving. If so, the customer must hand over his car keys before he gets a drink. The pub must provide transport to take customers home.

For anyone caught drink driving, the traffic police will also charge the pub owner, drinking partners and all passengers inside the drink driver's vehicle.

Perhaps the authorities here can adopt some of the Japanese rules on drink driving to reduce the rise of this menace.

Derek Tay Yeng Kwee

Derek thinks only pubs sell liquer... Commendable but useless suggestion. Not fool-proof at all.

↡ Advertisement

Best is station officers at pub stretch to catch them BEFORE they do any damage. Nt much point to punish them when lives are lost.

Since we are on this topic and most of you knows I drink. I'll share my piece.

I never drive after I drink, am more fortunate than Chromas cos my wife got license to drive. And in all occasions, she drives.

Well, there are times when I drink and she is not with me. But am more fortunate that I have buddies around whom will give me a ride home or I'll just take a cab back.

To people such as Chromas, if you know you are going to drink a lot that night..................give a call to Gad. laugh.gif

But Gad is rumoured to be forever in the company of his Tiger Beer.

Then how to rely on Gad to drive us home? [:p]

laugh.gif u win liao.

Haven't drink a drop since my sleep deprivation routine started more than 1/2 a year ago. frown.gif

How kind of you.. laugh.gif

Anyway, back to topic. It's everyone's responsibility to ensure that, after one have consume alcohol, the best is not to drive.

bro dun play play...sometimes after 1-2 hours, if they suspect u drink..may also fail the test...! best is to take a cab, u driving a hottie sure spot on.

That's why I'm a poor drifter. Many thanks to Kumho tires for their kind sponsorship.

As posted to another MCF'er in another thread

I've got around 20 pieces of 2nd hand tires at Teo Hin Tires (Eunos Technolink outlet). Some I got hold of FOC from tire shops, some I bought from MCF'ers when they were due to change their tires.

Most of the 2nd hand tire I have usually have around 30 to 40% thread still left, which is usually after 40,000km of normal saloon car driving.

↡ Advertisement