Drink Driving Is An Act Of Irresponsibility!

Osiris

Drunk Driving  

179 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Helping her to manage damage control is obviously due to Tips, æé±è½ä½¿é¬¼æ¨ç£¨ï¼æ¶äºé­å´è´¹ã

有钱路路通..

有钱万事圆..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

jeanette-aw-crazy-01.gif

jeanette-aw-crazy-01.gif

jeanette-aw-crazy-01.gif

jeanette-aw-crazy-01.gif

Errrrr...... with this type, I lost the urge to drink , and let alone drunk :D

Better drive safely and keep her out of my mind :D

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Police shd fine her for illegal car mods as well..

That is LTA's job but the police can always refer the case to them...

That is LTA's job but the police can always refer the case to them...

Attaching the illegal modification digital pictures of her car to LTA & Traffic Police shall send her down to asking the authority "Do you know who am I ?"

Supercharged

Attaching the illegal modification digital pictures of her car to LTA & Traffic Police shall send her down to asking the authority "Do you know who am I ?"

Answer to the qns is "the one who better wash clean clean and prepare to go in to squat."

Errrrr...... with this type, I lost the urge to drink , and let alone drunk :D

Better drive safely and keep her out of my mind :D

This type must strip naked then can see the bouncing up and down. Not sure how obvious, but surely there are some left to feel and cup. [:p]

Turbocharged

Today's News - 
She has been charged with Careless Driving and is expected to plead guilty

I don't care about what she does, but I do have some questions 

1. What happened to the drink driving*? 

2. Given the profile of the defendent, do the police owe any sort of explanation for the charge? 

3. Is this some sort of plea bargain?  (note - she is not represented by a lawyer, which I find surprising - cannot be because she cannot afford right?) 

* Remember that under Singapore Drink Driving law - under the limit does NOT mean innocent - the way the law is written you can be charged with drink driving even if blood alcohol is below the stipulated maximum. 

That she was not charged with Drink Driving means 

a) not enough evidence so take the easier route? 

b) no alcohol in blood at all? 

c) Plea bargain? 

d) Prosecutorial discretion? 

Today's News -

She has been charged with Careless Driving and is expected to plead guilty

2. Given the profile of the defendent, do the police owe any sort of explanation for the charge?

3. Is this some sort of plea bargain? (note - she is not represented by a lawyer, which I find surprising - cannot be because she cannot afford right?)

* Remember that under Singapore Drink Driving law - under the limit does NOT mean innocent - the way the law is written you can be charged with drink driving even if blood alcohol is below the stipulated maximum.

c) Plea bargain?

E) Kelong !!!

F) You know who AM I ???

• Praise 1

Today's News -

She has been charged with Careless Driving and is expected to plead guilty

3. Is this some sort of plea bargain? (note - she is not represented by a lawyer, which I find surprising - cannot be because she cannot afford right?)

c) Plea bargain?

Animal Farm's law comes to mind! All animal are equal...but some are more equal than others! Maybe she had the 2nd breatherlyser test at Polis Hq and was found to be innocent of drunk driving....just guessing!

Turbocharged

Animal Farm's law comes to mind! All animal are equal...but some are more equal than others! Maybe she had the 2nd breatherlyser test at Polis Hq and was found to be innocent of drunk driving....just guessing!

That's the thing --- 

And this is why I am wondering...

According to the law...

It stipulates that a person may be guilty of drink-driving if, while driving or attempting to drive a motor vehicle on a road or other public place, he is found to be incapable of having proper control of his vehicle, or the proportion of alcohol in his breath or blood exceeds the prescribed limit.

Below the limit does NOT mean innocent - unless 

a) totally no alcohol in system at all

b) got alcohol but for some reason didn't contribute to accident. 

Given what happened - it is difficult to believe (b) ....

so it must be a case of (a)? 

I'm not really a proponent of "trail by public pitchfork" ....

BUT 

it is important that justice is seen to be done, and I am wondering if, with a high profile case like this, there should be some form of public explanation?  Or maybe when the grounds for sentencing are released then we will find out more?  And in the meantime are left to gossip? 

(edited)

That's the thing ---

And this is why I am wondering...

According to the law...

Below the limit does NOT mean innocent - unless

a) totally no alcohol in system at all

b) got alcohol but for some reason didn't contribute to accident.

Given what happened - it is difficult to believe (b) ....

so it must be a case of (a)?

I'm not really a proponent of "trail by public pitchfork" ....

BUT

it is important that justice is seen to be done, and I am wondering if, with a high profile case like this, there should be some form of public explanation? Or maybe when the grounds for sentencing are released then we will find out more? And in the meantime are left to gossip?

same principle all over the world.....the playground for the rich and famous(and politically connected)and we are neither! Thats why i dont go round bashing our neighbours as we are also the same! Edited by Eviilusion

Turbocharged

I'm also wondering how come the earlier reports of drink driving are totally white washed in the latest round of reporting - like history being rewritten

I'm also wondering how come the earlier reports of drink driving are totally white washed in the latest round of reporting - like history being rewritten

in argumentative history lesson and 1st thing taught is....history is written by the winner and those in power!

Jail, 20 years' driving ban for businessman who caused crash

A businessman who caused a crash that injured four people had been driving while over the alcohol limit and subject to a 10-year road ban, a court heard.

Alvin Phua Lai Soon, 32, was jailed for 14 weeks and banned from driving for 20 years yesterday after he admitted causing grievous hurt through his negligence, driving under disqualification, drink driving and taking a vehicle without the owner's consent.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/jail-20-years-driving-ban-for-businessman-who-caused-crash

• Praise 1

Jail, 20 years' driving ban for businessman who caused crash

A businessman who caused a crash that injured four people had been driving while over the alcohol limit and subject to a 10-year road ban, a court heard.

Alvin Phua Lai Soon, 32, was jailed for 14 weeks and banned from driving for 20 years yesterday after he admitted causing grievous hurt through his negligence, driving under disqualification, drink driving and taking a vehicle without the owner's consent.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/jail-20-years-driving-ban-for-businessman-who-caused-crash

Yes, and the jail period for drinking without licence + under influence of alcohol and cause injury is shorter than some pervert who took picture of female flatmate! 

Our law should be amended to punish these irresponsible driver more adequately. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3