Drink Driving Is An Act Of Irresponsibility!

Osiris

Drunk Driving  

179 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Very true. That's why now I don't drink past one to two glasses. After that I just sit out the entire evening with hot tea or coke. Sometimes I don't even join in the drinking.

Usually, my drinks are super dilute in terms of alcohol content. Loads of ice, about 3mm of liquor and the rest is just coke or green tea.

After that, it's just coke all the way.

And I don't really drink anyway. Usually only when there's a night out at places like Villa Bali. Most of the time, I'm too busy with my work in the day and tuition in the evenings to bother with drinking.

I'd rather go home and drink milk thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
I always like red white... non-alcoholic version... Ribena...

104.jpg

There is an alcoholic version, called Creme de Cassis [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Are there alcohol content breath analysers available in the local market?

People will get to test themselves to determine if they are safe for driving, and if they are 'automatic' enough, they will not drive their cars.

With what seems like more drunk driving cases, someone suggested this measure.

Do you agree with it?

maybe, if those lie to say not driving but caught driving, double the punishment to the driver,passengers only.

EXTRACTED FROM THE NEWSPAPER.

STI Home > ST Forum > Story

May 8, 2007

Drink driving: Learn from the Japanese

TRAFFIC accidents involving drink drivers are on the rise again.

It is time that the authorities implemented stricter laws to reduce this. Recently, I was in Japan and learnt there are strict laws on drink driving there.

In pubs, before a customer orders a drink, the bartender will ask if he is driving. If so, the customer must hand over his car keys before he gets a drink. The pub must provide transport to take customers home.

For anyone caught drink driving, the traffic police will also charge the pub owner, drinking partners and all passengers inside the drink driver's vehicle.

Perhaps the authorities here can adopt some of the Japanese rules on drink driving to reduce the rise of this menace.

Derek Tay Yeng Kwee

So troublesome ..... you fine .... jail ... whatever ... won't work.

If you were to pass a law ..... "One will be castrated if convicted of drunk driving." .... guarantee all will stop .... [laugh][laugh]

That's very true. Most people do not know if they're sober enough to drive or not.

That's why I follow the rule that I set out in the previous posting, to always stop way ahead of the time I need to drive home.

Usually, going to most drinking places with friends, the max is one Long Island Tea and one shot of the Chivas stuff.

Then it's on to the chicken wings and loads of water.

It takes me an entire night to finish a Long Island Tea, thus I have the perfect excuse not to have a refill or another drink from someone's offer.

1. The best is to be equipped with your own breath analyser especially for those that frequent pubs and drink like water.

2. Personal judgement is never accurate. A person may look sober but his body alcholic content could have hit the ceiling. Different people also react differently to alcholic.

Regards,

i would suggest:

caught drink driving first time (with no accident):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 5yrs + fine min 10K up to 50K

Bro, i add on ...

caught drink driving first time (with injury/casulty):

confiscate car + licence gantung 15yrs + makan curry rice min 5 yr with 3 strokes of rotan min

caught drink driving fist time with accident (no human involved, only damage property):

confiscate car + licence gantung min 5yrs + fine min 20K up to 50K

caught drink driving 2nd offender:

confiscate car + licence gantung min 10yrs + fine min 50K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 1yr

caught drink driving 2nd time with injury/casulty:

confiscate car + licence gantung min 25yrs + fine min 50K up to 100K + (court)jail min 6mth up to 3yrs

I suggest line up every single MF who drink and drive and shoot them in the head.

At least kill them before they start killing our loves one

When it comes to events organized or participated by sponsors, have to go and perform. I find the arrangement ok.

eh ah boy....bailey's cream is also milk....but the milk mz3 referring to is.........laugh.giflaugh.gif

'... home and drink milk..'

u husky produce milk meh??lipsrsealed.giflipsrsealed.giflipsrsealed.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Eeeeeeee... I don't like Bailey's Irish... funny taste to it... I'll stick to Margaritas and Long Island Tea...

... I like FRESH MILK... lipsrsealed.gif

Very true.

Hmmmm, best is to save $$$ and don't drink at all.

I wonder how much is one breath analyser in the market? Must be cheap and portable to be in good use. Perhaps, the govt should be more pro-active by giving disocunt coupons for the purchase of such tester.

Regards,