Which version of the iPhone 6/7/8/n..would you rather own?

Alim

iPhone 6 Poll  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the iPhone 6 would you rather own?

• The 4.7 inch version
    • The 5.5 inch version
    • I'll stick with the smaller model, thanks very much.
    • Neither. Team Android!
    • Neither. Team Blackberry!

Samsung S5 or iPhone 6?

like the highly water resistant feature of S5, able to bring to water playground to take pics of my kids.

↡ Advertisement

Taken from BGR, just wanna see MCF poll results.

Personally, I will get the 5.5 inch version.

How come no windows phone in your options?

the back camera only 8mp ?? [:(]

Bro...this megapixel race is a fad. Higher MP does not always mean better quality pictures.

Higher MP, IMO, is only useful if the user priority is to print poster size pictures every time. But how many people actually does that? Most people photos simply stays on the phone or transferred to a PC and that's about it. In those cases, you want the sharpest picture possible, not highest MP counts.

Few years back, I use to provide consultancy to this company who has almost 20 brands of mobile phones in their lab. I used to ask them which phone gives the best picture. They often tell me if I want the best picture..get iphone. If I want the most features & most mp, , get an Android phone.

• Praise 1

Erm sensor size is the key thing to low light capability. The HTC camera tried to go for this with their 5 MP camera. But end up with more noise in their other normal shots.

Even a FX DSLR also have trouble with night pictures.

If a phone can offer mirrorless micro 4:3 or DX capability sensor with the normal iOS or android OS. I won't mind paying 2k for such a phone. Alas maybe another 10 yrs time bah.

high sensor size mean you must have steady hand, most of the time the picture came out blur in low light.

FX DSLR is too heavy for travelling. Sadly.

xi guan jiu hao. Ok la. travel with a light prime lens also better than nothing.

Sometimes i just bring a 50mm F1.4.

I use FX. or else i just use HP camera.

To me no in between lol.

Apple unveil their smart watch, nice [thumbsup][:)]

fe1e53df-5c05-4895-89a1-53317a071820-460

Apples smartwatch, the Apple Watch, tracks health and fitness information feeding into the Apple Health app on the iPhone. Photograph: Apple

No more 32GB? aiyo.................. [smallcry]

I bought the iPod nano watch for my wife before and I'd say it's not exactly a good experience with the screen. It's cool with the face themes and apps but novelty wears off fast. Still prefer a real face with real dials and hands.

Hope this smartwatch improve in terms of versatility and the screen. Will have to look at the actually product before I dive in...

Full frame DSLR cannot have trouble lah.

No way handphone camera can be so good. Handphone will replace all point & shoot but not mirrorless.

I don't think even point and shoot phone will replace -

as phone gets better, so will point and shoot - there will always always be a gap.

Point and shoot is now small enough to easily carry -

Its the same theory -

No matter how fast, powerful, great acceleration or whatever the Cayenne has, it will never match a 911.

No matter how well packaged the ///M4, it will never have the same space as the X5 M 50d.

That's why i switched to FX. I believe DX SLR is a dinosaur. It's just a matter of time before it will get phased out by a mirrorless or even a phone in future. Now the only difference is AF speed.

FX DSLR cannot be matched in terms of AF speed no matter how "powerful" the phone is.

Now the phones no need camera. Can just get the Sony QX1 instead.

high sensor size mean you must have steady hand, most of the time the picture came out blur in low light.

fast lens usually good enough.

or else have optical image stabiliser like the iphone 6+ has now. That is really good for 90% of the situations.

Actually i have quite a bit of hand tremors. but shooting a photo is like shooting a rifle.

Haha Breathe in, exhale out 1/3 and hold. leg position also helps.

I am using WP. Frankly, it's only good, not great. Nothing beats iPhone until today when it comes to hard and soft wares integration.

I am using Lumia 'cos free offline GPS maps and navigation - Here+.

You can download the damn whole big country maps, and it takes only a small space only.

How come no windows phone in your options?

Edited by Kangadrool

Bro...this megapixel race is a fad. Higher MP does not always mean better quality pictures.

Higher MP, IMO, is only useful if the user priority is to print poster size pictures every time. But how many people actually does that? Most people photos simply stays on the phone or transferred to a PC and that's about it. In those cases, you want the sharpest picture possible, not highest MP counts.

Few years back, I use to provide consultancy to this company who has almost 20 brands of mobile phones in their lab. I used to ask them which phone gives the best picture. They often tell me if I want the best picture..get iphone. If I want the most features & most mp, , get an Android phone.

Ok. IMO This is the best website to compare phone cameras. I find it the least biased. Both video and Stills get a score.

As u can see, at the very top, the differences are close.

Absolute image quality in all conditions, i would say Z2 and The top samsungs are probably a bit better than 5S. but the 5S probably will get good everyday shots.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

Now the phones no need camera. Can just get the Sony QX1 instead.

haha i find it a bit awkward.

Anyway phones are to capture the "there or lose it" images.

Won't be recontract, so no choice but to pay higher.. will likely choose 64GB :)

Maybe order online :)

hmm buy online or local cheaper? i know cannot buy from telco

Force you to use iCloud so they own you .. [laugh]

hate icloud

How water resistant is S5? I love water resistance.

I trust the sony. I've dropped it into a pool several times. I leave it on the swimming pool bank when i'm playing with my kid.

I'll stick with sony for my next phone.

Downside is the need to remove the charging port cover everytime u need to charge ur phone.

Samsung S5 or iPhone 6?

like the highly water resistant feature of S5, able to bring to water playground to take pics of my kids.

Edited by Lala81

xi guan jiu hao. Ok la. travel with a light prime lens also better than nothing.

Sometimes i just bring a 50mm F1.4.

I use FX. or else i just use HP camera.

To me no in between lol.

I know xi guan jiu hao. In fact, i am predominantly DSLR user before X100. Nowadays, i found mirrorless with 35mm is more useful for me.

In fact, i found an in btw in RX1R.

I don't think even point and shoot phone will replace -

as phone gets better, so will point and shoot - there will always always be a gap.

Point and shoot is now small enough to easily carry -

Its the same theory -

No matter how fast, powerful, great acceleration or whatever the Cayenne has, it will never match a 911.

No matter how well packaged the ///M4, it will never have the same space as the X5 M 50d.

Point & shoot camera is losing market share as compared to other camera segment.

What can be done in point & shoot, can be done even better in hand phone.

The most important factor is profit margin. Point & shoot is getting thinner over the years.

Camera manufacturer rather place more emphasis on DX DSLR or mirrorless.

I know xi guan jiu hao. In fact, i am predominantly DSLR user before X100. Nowadays, i found mirrorless with 35mm is more useful for me.

In fact, i found an in btw in RX1R.

nice.

But i take my girl mostly, so i still want AF speed.

I did strongly consider buying a mirrorless when my hand itchy earlier this year. But thinking back. I will still use FX.

But sony mirrorless really [thumbsup]

Edited by Lala81

the wow factor is for iphone's designers to come out with and not for consumers to think. if consumers can think of those, its no longer a wow factor.

just like Apple's iwatch, it caught your attention right? its a watch, not a transformer.

As long it works well, works right the first time, easy to use, and doesn't have 101 features which is geeky but I don't need, then I think it is a good watch.

Get a Casio as it has all the basic functions of a watch.

correct lar................... its jst WOW sometimes [laugh]:D[thumbsup]

I bought the iPod nano watch for my wife before and I'd say it's not exactly a good experience with the screen. It's cool with the face themes and apps but novelty wears off fast. Still prefer a real face with real dials and hands.

Hope this smartwatch improve in terms of versatility and the screen. Will have to look at the actually product before I dive in...

Hmmmm............. agree also but will see wat r the reviews after some fast hand fast leg ppl buy n use it [laugh]:D[thumbsup]