Which version of the iPhone 6/7/8/n..would you rather own?

Alim

iPhone 6 Poll  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the iPhone 6 would you rather own?

• The 4.7 inch version
    • The 5.5 inch version
    • I'll stick with the smaller model, thanks very much.
    • Neither. Team Android!
    • Neither. Team Blackberry!

Erm sensor size is the key thing to low light capability. The HTC camera tried to go for this with their 5 MP camera. But end up with more noise in their other normal shots.

Even a FX DSLR also have trouble with night pictures.

If a phone can offer mirrorless micro 4:3 or DX capability sensor with the normal iOS or android OS. I won't mind paying 2k for such a phone. Alas maybe another 10 yrs time bah.

the distance between the sensor and the lense is only 6mm at most...

to focus on a DX size sensor.......

"system error"....

sorri... I forgot how to calculate the already.... [crazy]

↡ Advertisement

nice.

But i take my girl mostly, so i still want AF speed.

I did strongly consider buying a mirrorless when my hand itchy earlier this year. But thinking back. I will still use FX.

But sony mirrorless really [thumbsup]

Now got FX mirrorless. Even harder to decide. My mirrorless camera old already. Still can't decide on what to get.

Samsung S5 or iPhone 6?

like the highly water resistant feature of S5, able to bring to water playground to take pics of my kids.

You can even dive into the swimming pool with it..

Only thing i don't like about Samsung phones these days is the amount of bloatwares on their phones.

the distance between the sensor and the lense is only 6mm at most...

to focus on a DX size sensor.......

"system error"....

sorri... I forgot how to calculate the already.... [crazy]

Ha i'm not interested in the engineering part. I'm only concerned about the results part hehe.

Now got FX mirrorless. Even harder to decide. My mirrorless camera old already. Still can't decide on what to get.

which one u have?

last i was looking i was considering the latest Olympus EP (can't rem the model number, really sibei lot of models nwoadays)

FX mirrorless only sony has right?

Frankly speaking, no matter how good a phone camera gets, the image quality will not be better than a purpose built camera, simply because the sensor size is different.

Sensor size is the key to the image quality.

Law of physics states that there can only be a certain amount of photons (light particles), passing through a fixed area in space (aperture), in a fixed amount of time (shutter speed). To compensate for the small sensor size, manufacturers have to increase the sensitivity of the sensor. Increasing the sensor sensitivity means heat, which will create "noise".

True enough, image sensor technology has improved leaps and bounds in the last 10 years, coupled with increasingly sophisticated "noise" removal software, "noise" has become lesser of a problem as compared to 10 years ago, but there is a limit to how much you can overcome the laws of physics.

That is why, full frame DSLR still sells very well even though consumer DSLRs are getting cheaper and more common. Just like the statement "There is no replacement for displacement", there is also no replacement for sensor size.

• Praise 3

Have the best of both worlds lor. One iphone and one Android phablet/tablet. Android devices are dirt cheap unlike Apple. Like me I can choose between these two device when I go out.

Frankly speaking, no matter how good a phone camera gets, the image quality will not be better than a purpose built camera, simply because the sensor size is different.

Sensor size is the key to the image quality.

Law of physics states that there can only be a certain amount of photons (light particles), passing through a fixed area in space (aperture), in a fixed amount of time (shutter speed). To compensate for the small sensor size, manufacturers have to increase the sensitivity of the sensor. Increasing the sensor sensitivity means heat, which will create "noise".

True enough, image sensor technology has improved leaps and bounds in the last 10 years, coupled with increasingly sophisticated "noise" removal software, "noise" has become lesser of a problem as compared to 10 years ago, but there is a limit to how much you can overcome the laws of physics.

That is why, full frame DSLR still sells very well even though consumer DSLRs are getting cheaper and more common. Just like the statement "There is no replacement for displacement", there is also no replacement for sensor size.

Probably true. But whats also true that more people take pics using their smartphone rather than small compacts or DSLRs.

Its like Chase Jarvis says, "The best camera is the one that's with you"

Have the best of both worlds lor. One iphone and one Android phablet/tablet. Android devices are dirt cheap unlike Apple. Like me I can choose between these two device when I go out.

For me, i would choose the reverse. Tablets usability a lot depends on apps.

Hence i would like a android phone, but only will consider an ipad as a tablet.

my wife had an android tablet before. The Google app store has a lack of apps compared to the Apple one.

Probably true. But whats also true that more people take pics using their smartphone rather than small compacts or DSLRs.

Well, for the general population, phone camera probably covers their needs.

If phone camera is really good, professional photographers will use it day-in-day-out for their shoots. But it isn't happening.

If you see your wedding photographer turn up with a iphone/galaxy S, will you be happy? definitely no right?

Edited by Shull

Yes. Hence the need for good standards for HP photos. Now it's reached old PnS capabilities.

Probably in 5 to ten years, they can reach close to the prosumer level (sensor size below micro 4/3).

Edited by Lala81

Well, for the general population, phone camera probably covers their needs.

If phone camera is really good, professional photographers will use it day-in-day-out for their shoots. But it isn't happening.

If you see your wedding photographer turn up with a iphone/galaxy S, will you be happy? definitely no right?

Nowadays, u see most pple traveling with phone cameras. They either taking photos with their note 3/iphone. Then every middle aged man is carrying a DSLR haha.

I went gardens by the Bay last year. Lol all the Indians/chinese/Japanese/SEA travellers all the same.

Snap with phone then it's DSLR or some mirrorless.

↡ Advertisement