• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
7018 replies to this topic | 65,948 praises

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Mini-itx
  • Mini-itx
    Banned

What laws do you think are needed for a gracious society? I can think of a few:

1. Peasants must be courteous towards elites and address them as Sir/Mdm or Mr/Ms.
2. Whenever peasants seen an elite car cutting into their lane, they must slow down and allow them to cut in.
3. Stiff penalties for all peasants who mistreat elites in anyway (fines, jail, cane etc).

I believe our society will become very gracious and you will see cars giving way rather than fighting for space.
Wyfitms and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1. Peasants must be courteous towards elites and address them as Sir/Mdm or Mr/Ms.
2. Whenever peasants seen an elite car cutting into their lane, they must slow down and allow them to cut in.
3. Stiff penalties for all peasants who mistreat elites in anyway (fines, jail, cane etc).

I believe our society will become very gracious and you will see cars giving way rather than fighting for space.

Why need laws?

Tat will be like forcing ppl.........

shakehead.gif shakehead.gif
Yewheng and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

People are not gracious because they are all rushing somewhere, all because our life here is too fast paced and stressful. implementing laws won't change anything.
Yewheng and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Going by your theory, you are implying that human beings are incapable of thinking and making decisions for themselves, and need to be told what to do.

Is that what you are? Are you incapable of thinking for yourself and need to be told what to do?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Alantyc
  • Alantyc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Here r the laws i would prefer to have...

1. Peasants must be courteous towards elites and address them as Sir/Mdm or Mr/Ms. => Elites shld be courteous towards the peasants & if they show or flaunt their stucked up attitude, they will be fined & jailed.
2. Whenever peasants seen an elite car cutting into their lane, they must slow down and allow them to cut in. => Elite muz stay the hell outta 1st lane & cruise & hog all they wan on 3rd lane wif the lorries. They r too elite to speed.
3. Stiff penalties for all peasants who mistreat elites in anyway (fines, jail, cane etc). => Elites who mistreat & do not respect peasants to be sent to the gallow & eat bullets.

I believe our society will become very gracious and you will see cars giving way rather than fighting for space. => I believe there will be less disgruntled drivers in sg.
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

Miseryiscute
  • Miseryiscute
    1st Gear
    Author Image

you piece of s--t rifle.gif

you sound like you are from india where they use the Cast system, promoting social stratification and social restrictions.

Mini-itx is from india?

Sorry, we don't practice it in spore,
laugh.gif laugh.gif
'Cos I'm Mr Brightside

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

Ahhuat
  • Ahhuat
    5th Gear
    Author Image

pls consider suicide. you're wasting our oxygen. really, I mean it. I know you're stupid but it's quite hard to screw up a suicide. Pls kill yourself.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

Carben68
  • Carben68
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I detect high levels of sarcasm for your posting and very very high levels of incomprehension among the mess, I mean mass of respondents here...
Wyfitms and 1 Anonymous member praised this
---------------------
It's a dog eat dog world... and I'm hungry.

I train candidates in the fine art of job search & attraction.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

Miseryiscute
  • Miseryiscute
    1st Gear
    Author Image

pls consider suicide. you're wasting our oxygen. really, I mean it. I know you're stupid but it's quite hard to screw up a suicide. Pls kill yourself.

yups, agree. he should really kill himself.
'Cos I'm Mr Brightside

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

Tonyhawk
  • Tonyhawk
    5th Gear
    Author Image

a gracious society wouldnt need laws.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

he has gone bonkers. IMH waiting for u bro.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Carben68
  • Carben68
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My oh my... and it goes on... goodness me, what has become of the populi? Is it true that all that microwave floating freely in the air is really cooking the cells away? I find it so amusing...it really is...!!!
---------------------
It's a dog eat dog world... and I'm hungry.

I train candidates in the fine art of job search & attraction.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reminders rather than laws

recently mrt got songs like ask pple
move in so pple can board if not let seats to pple

we need to b reminded? Y we were not reminded when our pay come, or to eat?

Too first class? LOL

most of the time i seen Blangla workers are
most gracious in mrt i swear!

Edited by Freestylers09, 05 October 2010 - 08:27 AM.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

Pentium
  • Pentium
    4th Gear
    Author Image

ISD come arrest you then you know. For stirring unrest and dissatifaction amongst the less priviledge. ohmy.gif

There are alot of ball carriers here and hidden elites that got nothing else better to do, surfing internet while getting high pay. They will Pao toh you and hope to get some awards

Edited by Pentium, 05 October 2010 - 09:08 AM.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

If you got a 'problem' with the authorities, keep it to yourself...nobody can 'help' you.

Don't keep coming to this forum and express your 'unhappiness' and instigate others to agree with your views.

Being a Sinkie yourself, who is well known for complaining, it would not get you anywhere in life by behaving the way you had chosen to.

As a matter of fact, it would definitely get you a ban in this and many other Sinkie related forums but I guess, ppl like you would not be a least deterred, as you would just pop out as another clone somewhere....again.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

No need for more laws. Our society, over the last 35 yrs has been brain wash to be money minded. Our family foundation is getting weaker and weaker everyday. Once the family unit breakdowns , it's the end of this society. All the man in white will not be able to put the family unit back together again.
All our material achievements and accumulated monies will be down the drain.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

New_Atlantis
  • New_Atlantis
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Car_Care
  • Car_Care
    Sponsor
    Author Image

I believe it isn't laws that we need, but graciousness comes from within each individual.

No point coming up with law or rules to portray graciousness when we all know singaporeans may
not necessary agree with the law, but engage in a LLST method to curb.
***FREE Premium Grooming Session worth $258 for YOU!
TTS CarCare - 383, Sin Ming Drive, TTS Centre, Singapore 575717
Tel: 6462 1111 . Mobile: 9380 9168 (24hrs) .
Mon - Sat, 9am - 6pm

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Those are crap! From what I see, gracious-ness, needs to start through education, so that it can be apply through life and a change in generations. Given local situation, which is getting from bad to worse, by promoting gracious-ness through posters and celebraties helps but that will be no end to it, reason is because, younger generations are not educate about gracious in school. But too bad, SG is too fast pace and leaders don't really solve this issue by the root... Only increase population growth and $$$ matters...

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

Thargor
  • Thargor
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Are you DK?
PSN ID: Thargor-Orlando

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)