What you see on facebook might not be always true

oleandero

its interesting what this girl did to fool everyone that follows her on FB and her family. abit boliao but she definitely proved her point to the whole. its time for the good old meet up sharing sessions instead of sharing only on FB.

http://www.gapyear.com/news/230749/dutch-girl-fakes-a-trip-to-se-asia

....................Bending reality on Facebook is hardly unusual – in fact it’s turning into something of a life skill – but Zilla’s efforts seem to have taken things to a whole new level.

The reasons behind her actions, however, are noble: it was all part of a university project, in which she wanted to show how Facebook activity is not necessarily reflective of real life.

Speaking to media in her home country, she said: “I did this to show people that we filter and manipulate what we show on social media, and that we create an online world which reality can no longer meet.

“My goal was to prove how common and easy it is to distort reality. Everybody knows that pictures of models are manipulated. But we often overlook the fact that we manipulate reality also in our own lives.”........................

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This is why I don't have a FB account. I do not want myself to have non-reality distractions in an already difficult reality world.

Then better not have internet access at all. Also don't watch tv or listen to radio cos everything is distorted.

• Praise 1

Then better not have internet access at all. Also don't watch tv or listen to radio cos everything is distorted.

Then how to surf MCF? :huh:

This is why I don't have a FB account. I do not want myself to have non-reality distractions in an already difficult reality world.

Actually more apt to says who needs FB when there's MCF hehe

Then how to surf MCF? :huh:

Dun surf lor.

Basic fact is whether it's online media or mass media, everything is distorted. It's up to the reader/viewer to interpret accordingly and to be honest it's a tough fight.

• Praise 1

It is how one perceive entertainment and distortion. If you know it is an entertainment and perceive it as such, then there is no problem whether those stuff are true or not. TV, radio, surfing forums are just entertainment during lull time.

But things like FB, Instagran, Twitter, etc.......to me are mass distortions. I don't find things there entertaining.

i use my fb for photo storage. My fb friends are those that i know for 10 yrs or more and no current working colleagues. I have oni 30 fb friends consisting of primary school friends, former colleagues and friends i trust. Most of my pictures are for me only and friends have accees to a limited pictures of what i want them to see.
  • Praise 1

not only on FB. everything we see on the internet just take it with a bag of salt.

Not only internet - traditional media like TV, newspaper also... sometimes it is called propoganda!

duhhh.....ppl actualli believe what they read from unverified sources online?

liddat the MCF characters can put a circus freak show to shame liao......LOL. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement