Brilliant work by our LTA scholars~!

Ahgong

are they trying to be funny?

as in... seriously funny?

post-66718-0-24902900-1410414548_thumb.jpg

esp this portion:

post-66718-0-85629200-1410414655.jpg

SERIOUSLY?!? :blink: they expect people to DO THAT?!? :blink:

wow... which plane of the time warp reality are these jokers from?!?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

the Rebuttable presumption means you still can ask people to be Tua Peh Kong if they did not catch you red handed???

Means you should register your car under your grandmother's name. Demerit points will automatically be assigned to her (see I didn't lie! You assumed it!).

• Praise 3

esp this portion:

attachicon.gifroadTrafficAct-02.jpg

think carefully before laughing at this change in particular

it is an excellent new law

on the surface you think that it will not make anyone leave their particulars

but what it means now is that it is a Legal Offence to NOT leave your particulars. ie. You are breaking the law if you run off without leaving your particulars

only with the current proliferation of in car cameras, can this law be implemented

so if someone has a video of you banging a parked car , and you run off - last time is civil case. Now is a traffic offence

don't only criticize LTA, they do good work also

• Praise 29

attachicon.gifroadTrafficAct.jpg

esp this portion:

but at least now those scaredy cat will do it right... and this also give the authority another law to slap an offence in the offender face if they dont leave their particulars.

Means you should register your car under your grandmother's name. Demerit points will automatically be assigned to her (see I didn't lie! You assumed it!).

my grandma stopped driving 60 over years ago, dun think they will believe a 86 yr old lady driver a forester......lol

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The note shall read " hi, Sorry to dent ur car while you were away. According to the new law, I have to leave u a note and my particulars This is the note and my name is Sam, chinese male, 70kg and 1.75m tall. I stay near Ang mo kio. Sincere apologies". Ps: LLST."

Like that can? Got leave note with particulars. Not offence liaoz..

• Praise 11

From LTA's point of view: As of now, they have no jurisdiction over such hit n run. From 1st Feb next year, they will have.

attachicon.gifroadTrafficAct.jpg

esp this portion:

my grandma stopped driving 60 over years ago, dun think they will believe a 86 yr old lady driver a forester......lol

But according to the Rebuttable presumption, the owner of the car will be presumed to have been driving at the time of offence unless proven otherwise. So they will believe your 86 year old grandmother was driving the forester. :D

Leaving of particulars after an accident is a personal integrity issue but sad that we have to resort to law in order to make us do so.

Heaven knows, earth knows and especially you yourself knows.

What happens if I leave a note and a prankster comes along see the note and chuck it away? Don't laugh lots of sick ppl around ok.

Edited by Waterh2o
  • Praise 1

Perhaps next will be a law making it illegal to tamper with odometre

But according to the Rebuttable presumption, the owner of the car will be presumed to have been driving at the time of offence unless proven otherwise. So they will believe your 86 year old grandmother was driving the forester. :D

Heh - I wonder if the law is written well enough to cover this....

• Praise 1

hahahaha if I got caught at 140km and above......will they ask my grandma to reconstruct the speed she going at......

just her hair will all be standing by then. whahahahahahhaa

Perhaps next will be a law making it illegal to tamper with odometre

Heh - I wonder if the law is written well enough to cover this....

there are always loop holes....those scholars are not smart enough to plug all the holes..hahhahaa

• Praise 1

hahahaha if I got caught at 140km and above......will they ask my grandma to reconstruct the speed she going at......

there are always loop holes....those scholars are not smart enough to plug all the holes..hahhahaa

it's not that they are not smart enough to plug the holes.

it's just that 道高一尺,魔高一丈

• Praise 1

esp this portion:

ok mah if they make this law, then anyone who cause accident & didnt leave a note will get auto charged go court lor. this ensures everyone die die have to write a note. of cse reality is they can put fake details but if kena caught then double offense lor.

Why should she do any of that? She can't remember.

The law demands that they assume she was the driver.

ok mah if they make this law, then anyone who cause accident & didnt leave a note will get auto charged go court lor. this ensures everyone die die have to write a note. of cse reality is they can put fake details but if kena caught then double offense lor.

Not double offence la. Still single offence.

↡ Advertisement