Brilliant work by our LTA scholars~!

Ahgong

I rem adrianli had all the car cam evidence but the police asked him to sue the bankrupt car scratcher himself.. the police no time for these kuching kurup cases... adrianli correct me if I am wrong k? So now with these laws the police will take on these cases? gooood...... [rolleyes]

Yes, u are right. Its the AGC that made the decision. Police taichi to AGC and they follow AGC advise to just give warning.

↡ Advertisement

Yes, u are right. Its the AGC that made the decision. Police taichi to AGC and they follow AGC advise to just give warning.

AGC? Lazy buggers who clearly didn't understand the implications on public policy and public's trust in the government when they came up with such a stupid decision.

When the new ruling starts, allowing others to drive your car might have to think twice, cause if found to be speeding, the car owner would be the summon instead of the actual driver. If the person does not want to admit.

Many kids borrow their parent's cars. So I guess now parents will educate their kids more about driving on the roads before entrusting them with the car alone.

I think this is a good initiative.

I had a hit and run on my new car in the mscp.

it was very nice to hear the apologetic tone by my insurance agent over the phone, basically just suck it up dude.

at least now we can have recourse as victims.

it was later revealed that my front bumper was ripped off by a drunk father in law without a valid drive license.

the owner left a note two days, becos there was a video camera at the mscp entrance and exit, other cars around had video cameras and the damage if caught for engaging in hit and run.

fellow sgcarmart forummer has his own factory.

• Praise 1

Many kids borrow their parent's cars. So I guess now parents will educate their kids more about driving on the roads before entrusting them with the car alone.

Moral of the story is : don't lend. Just drive yourself. Anyone complain refer to this law. Case closed.

Rental car and AD huat liao.... [bounce2]

Give them a chance to enforce then comment mah.

Talk until machiam you sit on the committee and was privy to the discussion at LTA....

Haven't go on runway kenna shot to pieces by blue forces.

Edited by Sabian

Don't see why must wait to implement the first one...

Was driving out of MCP last night and had to stop because a car was cornering in the middle of two lanes (of different directions). Took a closer look when the car drove by and found a lady driver with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand holding her mobile to her ear. Even more pissed when I saw kids in her car! This is 2014 ... earpieces (both wired & wireless) and speakphones are abundent.

Jus like you are not allow to holding phone, tablet while driving or stopping at traffic light.

What about read newspaper?

I saw alot of people read newspaper when stop at traffic light and forgot to move when green light.

what about ladies that try to put on make up ??

saw that too

it's quite clever

they know singaporeans will not do it on their own so now it is the law

if never leave a note, they have the right to fine you and collect more money!

For once, I agree with TP on these new RTA rules, the best is driving in Singapore for foreigners. But the practicality / execution is zero especially for leaving a note with particulars, unless the individual is civic minded else he will not leave a note.

I'm really interested to find out how they going to trace the person giving false particulars, e.g. Tan Tok Cork S8123467X, Mobile: 88125422 or every vehicle owner are given a serialized notepad for filling particulars?

"Failure to leave particulars with serialized notepad, Fine $500 or Jail 4 months or both" [confused]

Or print out the "captured" photo and placed under "Wanted List"? [sly]

think carefully before laughing at this change in particular

it is an excellent new law

on the surface you think that it will not make anyone leave their particulars

but what it means now is that it is a Legal Offence to NOT leave your particulars. ie. You are breaking the law if you run off without leaving your particulars

only with the current proliferation of in car cameras, can this law be implemented

so if someone has a video of you banging a parked car , and you run off - last time is civil case. Now is a traffic offence

don't only criticize LTA, they do good work also

Spot on observation! Thanks for bringing up this point!

The note shall read " hi, Sorry to dent ur car while you were away. According to the new law, I have to leave u a note and my particulars This is the note and my name is Sam, chinese male, 70kg and 1.75m tall. I stay near Ang mo kio. Sincere apologies". Ps: LLST."

Like that can? Got leave note with particulars. Not offence liaoz..

But this is the one that made me laugh.. Haha..

Moral of the story is : don't lend. Just drive yourself. Anyone complain refer to this law. Case closed.

Rental car and AD huat liao.... [bounce2]

If my own brother want to borrow car from me, I will definitely say yes, cause I trust that he will take great care of my car. If he was to get caught breaking traffic rule, I know he will take responsibility for it. What the f**k you are talking about? Would you just lend your car to someone who would not even take such responsibilities? If you are so dumb, no law can help you.

What the f**k you are talking about? Would you just lend your car to someone who would not even take such responsibilities? If you are so dumb, no law can help you.

Please be civil. If you can't take other people's views (no matter how different from yours), I suggest u don't even join a forum. You don't understand what a forum entails, so keep your unkind comments to yourself.

Peace to all who contributes your views, and please let free speech flourish. (rude expletives not included).

Thanks...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1