Engine just die off at traffic junction?

Edca

Hi Guys, my engine just die off when I was at a junction waiting for traffic to turn green. However, all electronic like radio and aircon still on except for the engine. I turn off everything and restart again. Any bros here had experience this before? Can anyone advise the problem? This is not the first time I encounter it.
Anyway my ride is toyota allion, 08 model.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys, my engine just die off when I was at a junction waiting for traffic to turn green. However, all electronic like radio and aircon still on except for the engine. I turn off everything and restart again. Any bros here had experience this before? Can anyone advise the problem? This is not the first time I encounter it.

Likely your crank sensor leak oil,as such sometime ok sometime died during driving.My toyota allion has the same problem as you.Get your mechanic to check the crank sensor below the carriage.

post-68447-0-30502900-1410441635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kengheng450

My car does that at every traffic stop...

Thanks all for advise given. Will go check the crank sensor and the throttle body asap before it gives more problem.

Thanks all for advise given. Will go check the crank sensor and the throttle body asap before it gives more problem.

..mine was also with this symptom...on and off .. but tan chong could not capture it ..

so I requested to change...now no more stalling.. [thumbsup]

I had the same problems when I had:

1) clogged aftermarket air filter

2) faulty sensor ( can't remember which one)

3) faulty fuel pump

4) faulty ecu

The 4 problems led to numerous times of my previous car stalling.

for my case is just simple dirty butterfly area... workshop just clean it up, 15 mins job and problem resolved. during next servicing, did a more thorough clean up, that's all.