Apple Watch

RadX

Turbocharged

probably hold on to my fitbit for another year and then wait for the second iteration of apple watch. that way, they can work out the kinks.

but then again, if i walk by and im attracted, maybe i'll just pick it up. i have a pair of BT headphones and it means i can run without carrying a phone ...

Looks like fitbit/garmin is the way to go if you run regularly.

http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/apple-watch-a-runner-s-review-1292751

In case you're desperate to get to the bit about me nearly drowning again, I'll make this quick for you: the Apple Watch isn't great for running.

Yet.
While there's a tonne that's wrong with it right now that prevents me from recommending it become your jogging buddy, there's enough potential there to not label it a complete fitness fan failure.
Let's start with the juicy bit: what the Apple Watch fails on for runners. The first one is obvious, and well documented. It doesn't have GPS and therefore is nearly useless as a running watch. It can work autonomously, but only with Apple's own Workout app. All the other third party apps need the phone to function.
Perhaps you don't mind that – maybe you always run with a phone, and therefore can take advantage of the wealth of third party apps out there. However, start running and every time you raise the Watch to see how you're doing it'll default back to showing the time and you'll have to tap around a bit to see your stats (unless you're using Apple's Workout app).
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Apple somehow is almost always abot to create buzz out of nothing. Just curious how is the iwatch' sales till now.

Is it a hit or a flop?

Edited by Latio2005A
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Apple somehow is almost always abot to create buzz out of nothing. Just curious how is the iwatch' sales till now.

Is it a hit or a flop?

Sold out.... everywhere [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Sold out.... everywhere [sweatdrop]

Ok. Was in HK and went into Apple Store at Central for look see. No queue.

Am not impressed with the iwatch on display and hands-on trial.

Turbocharged

No queue as it is preorder, i dont think the current iwatch is up to standard yet. Think 3rd gen version onwards then the apps and the processing speed with be gd.

They are doing a diff approach for the iwatch, as the collection will be via appointment. Then u go down and they present the watch to u. (From what i read from the web)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think reviews across the board has been less than enthusiastic. But tech reviewers understand that this is a version 1 product and expect Apple to iterate the hardware and OS relentlessly.

Bear in mind that the current OS does not support 3rd party native apps yet. But some of the hardware is apparently equivalent to an iPhone 4 (and that wasn't a slouch by any means)

Would I go for this ver 1? Definitely not. Maybe ver 2 next year? Probably not cos I don't think the hardware (mostly the battery tech) will improve that much.

If I was really really interested in a smartwatch... I think ver 3 will be the one I will get. Until than, to borrow from Maslow...

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/05/03/review-the-absolutely-optional-apple-watch-and-watch-os-1-0/7/#h7

hierarchy-of-tech-640x559.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Alot of people not going to buy but its still going to sell tons of it. The biggest asset apple has is it branding. If u ask me what i will buy as a incentive gift for my company sales staff. Most likely it will be an apple watch.

• Praise 1

Other than the usual fanboys, critics, wannabe-firsts, and those who are dying to boil / fry / nuke them, I think this first generation of the Apple Watch is something a niche group of people will buy but not wear and instead keep as much as possible in mint condition, especially the black steel and the 18k gold ones.

Who knows, might be worth a few extra bucks (or a few hundred / thousand extra bucks depending on which version we're talking about) a couple years down the road. [;)]

• Praise 1

i must say, the finishing and quality is impeccable

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4EmIujT-Kw

I kinda agree with their opinions.....not a review, only opinions.

The only thing that impressed me is the voice to text. I actually said "wow" out loud.

I have a Pebble Steel, doesn't do as much as the apple watch... seems quite good actually. But the price like the above opinion I could get an ipad mini.

Edited by Watwheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4EmIujT-Kw

I kinda agree with their opinions.....not a review, only opinions.

The only thing that impressed me is the voice to text. I actually said "wow" out loud.

I have a Pebble Steel, doesn't do as much as the apple watch... seems quite good actually. But the price like the above opinion I could get an ipad mini.

The Act Cute Girl on the Right is Very Annoying ... I had to Stop the Video halfway ...

Turbocharged

I had a talk with my boss a couple of months back when iwatch is launched.

I told him it will be a flop and he says it will be a success... I say even a techie like me has no desire whatsoever to buy an iwatch....

errr so who is correct now? What is the iwatch sales???

Turbocharged

I have not seen one around me yet, how good is the sales?... Only seen one on my facebook friend and yes, he is an IT guy ....hehe..

Let's face it.

The iwatch, iphone and ipad are the same device packaged in 3 different size. So Apple basically sell the same device in 3 different ways to milk more money. Huat ah!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Too expensive. If they sell them at 20% the retail price, I might consider.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Am I right to say if don't have a iPhone, this apple watch only works like a normal watch right?

↡ Advertisement