Xiaomi Box VS MiniX

bellboy

Supercharged

What about the Ubox?

Read and saw that can watch live sports on its own Ubox app. Worth it?

Original-UBOX-II-UBTV-Quad-Core-Android-

Just bought this and arrived on Tuesday (considering I only ordered on Sunday... damn fast!).

Haven't got the time to unbox and play with it. But I read on New TV Box SG's FB Group, seems to be a decent alternative to all the paid IPTV apps regardless of box. Just don't overpay for it. I paid $109.90 on Qoo10.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Just bought this and arrived on Tuesday (considering I only ordered on Sunday... damn fast!).

Haven't got the time to unbox and play with it. But I read on New TV Box SG's FB Group, seems to be a decent alternative to all the paid IPTV apps regardless of box. Just don't overpay for it. I paid $109.90 on Qoo10.

let us know how it does  [;)]

reading the hwz thread on it now.

Edited by Lala81

How to watch euro2016 on kodi?

I google and they recommend

1) Futbol - does not work

2) Football today - does not stream anything

3) Sports devil - does not stream anything, even when I selected past games

Did not sign up with Telcos for this Euro2016 cos most games at early morning which I will not watch. Will only watch games at 10pm which is the group stage.

I know tomorrow's morning opening match is free.

http://koditips.com/uefa-euro-2016-kodi-streams-hd-online/

check this out

Supersonic

The link mentions have to use VPN to watch. Basically promoting VPN service. It also mentions Sports Devil which I tried. The programs all cannot stream one. I think need VPN then can watch. [shakehead]

Any other method? Wana boycott Telcos n MediaCork.

try those chiong box from aliexpress. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

The link mentions have to use VPN to watch. Basically promoting VPN service. It also mentions Sports Devil which I tried. The programs all cannot stream one. I think need VPN then can watch. [shakehead]

Any other method? Wana boycott Telcos n MediaCork.

If u want my opinion.

United Kingdom

ITV BBC

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/euro-2016-how-watch-live-tv-mobile-online-uk-abroad-1564566

Turbocharged

Err, not really into such stuff but if I need those discovery channel, national geographic, etc.. these box have?.. how about those Korean drama?....

Supercharged

let us know how it does  [;)]

reading the hwz thread on it now.

Unboxing was done over the weekend.

The box comes with pre-installed apps, one of it is unique to the Unblock Tech Box - "UBTV".

It's free (if you don't think S$109.90 from QOO10) and no subscription is required.

UBTV is an IPTV that as about 300 over channels from the usual China, HK, Taiwan, Japan, Korea channels to Malaysia, Singapore,

Vietnam, Italy etc. So whatever channels you want from those paid subscriptions, definitely available.

Most of the channels are of decent quality, but definitely some buffering involved, though it could be related to the fact the box is

stored behind a glass cabinet.

UBTV also allows you to search for movies in the native app, like the rest of the apps the box has pre-installed, these movie apps are more like aggregators (think Yahoo News), it gathers all the streaming links from LETV, MangoTV, Youku etc and plays via the app.

There's about 6 apps like this which are pre-installed (QXTV, UVOD, Show TV etc), all have the same features, LiveTV, VOD for movies, variety shows and dramas.

Since my only comparison is the Viewqwest 4K TV box, I'd say this Unblock Tech box is faster than the VQ4K. Getting in and out of Kodi takes less time.

My only gripe is, which is for all the other 4KTV boxes, we might be paying more for that 4K logo on our boxes.

• Praise 1

(edited)

ha i've read the whole hwz thread on this box.

Thanks for the info. Mainly u are using it for what channels? Soccer?

Basically UBTV is what u are paying for.

Frankly the box's hardware is about 30 dollars only.

Unboxing was done over the weekend.

The box comes with pre-installed apps, one of it is unique to the Unblock Tech Box - "UBTV".

It's free (if you don't think S$109.90 from QOO10) and no subscription is required.

UBTV is an IPTV that as about 300 over channels from the usual China, HK, Taiwan, Japan, Korea channels to Malaysia, Singapore,

Vietnam, Italy etc. So whatever channels you want from those paid subscriptions, definitely available.

Most of the channels are of decent quality, but definitely some buffering involved, though it could be related to the fact the box is

stored behind a glass cabinet.

UBTV also allows you to search for movies in the native app, like the rest of the apps the box has pre-installed, these movie apps are more like aggregators (think Yahoo News), it gathers all the streaming links from LETV, MangoTV, Youku etc and plays via the app.

There's about 6 apps like this which are pre-installed (QXTV, UVOD, Show TV etc), all have the same features, LiveTV, VOD for movies, variety shows and dramas.

Since my only comparison is the Viewqwest 4K TV box, I'd say this Unblock Tech box is faster than the VQ4K. Getting in and out of Kodi takes less time.

My only gripe is, which is for all the other 4KTV boxes, we might be paying more for that 4K logo on our boxes.

Err, not really into such stuff but if I need those discovery channel, national geographic, etc.. these box have?.. how about those Korean drama?....

Discovery and nat Geo might be from another country one.

So i dunno if have chinese subtitles or not or somewhat dubbed over. Last time quite a few IPTV have this issue.

Edited by Lala81

Also saw this ads in my Facebook.. same thing as ubox?..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20160612-221948.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_20160612-221848.png

This is another paid subscription IPTV provider I think.

U can consider it a competitor of Unblock Tech's UBTV.

Do google. There should be people who have this box since I've heard of it before.

Their claim is that it's based in malaysia. I dunno how true is that.

Well i think it's one of the more popular paid IPTVs currently.

This is another paid subscription IPTV provider I think.

U can consider it a competitor of Unblock Tech's UBTV.

Do google. There should be people who have this box since I've heard of it before.

Their claim is that it's based in malaysia. I dunno how true is that.

Well i think it's one of the more popular paid IPTVs currently.

I like Kodi. Currently running in my iMac. Like it so much that I want to buy a good HTPC for my TV.... something with a full OS like a Mac Mini.

Should check out these dedicated boxes as well.

(edited)

I like Kodi. Currently running in my iMac. Like it so much that I want to buy a good HTPC for my TV.... something with a full OS like a Mac Mini.

Should check out these dedicated boxes as well.

Hmm HTPC? No need bah unless u have some definite need for it.

A Minix X8-H+ should be powerful enough for most needs. Even playing 4k video much less 1080p video shouldn't be an issue.

I use ES Explorer to connect to my LAN.

Android accepts most wireless KB/air mice rather readily. So wireless KB is usually available quite easily.

I have a S805 MxQ now. Maybe trying out a Minix if Phoenix sports still requires software acceleration when the new season starts.

Edited by Lala81

(edited)

@Ins1dious.

I do want to point out that you can't access subtitles of video files in your NAS via Kodi. At least from what i tried.

Tried that before. U need to use ES explorer and MX player. And MX player must require the subs to be named exactly the same as the video file.

You can't do the "xxx_eng/chinese/punjabi/etc.srt". It has to be "xxx.srt"

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement