Does LTA Issue All New Car No for Each Series?

Nethdale

Out of curiosity and as the topic, can someone share? My noob understanding is that under ideal situation, each series contains 10K nos and it takes at least 10 rounds of COE bidding to issue out all the numbers. 10 rounds of COE bidding are about 5 months, I notice that not many SKP nos on the road and if that were the case, why release SKQ? Thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yes LTA will issue all 10,000 numbers .

When SKP series is under registration , SKQ has already been put for bidding . The SKQ that you see on the road before all the SKP series taken up are the bidded numbers .

The release of numbers do not necessarily correspond to the numbers COEs released . For example, if a person wants to sell his car but wants to retain his old number , a new registration number will be allocated to his old car . So the taking up new numbers of any series ( now SKP ) will be more than the COEs available.

Edited by F355
  • Praise 2

Yes LTA will issue all 10,000 numbers .

When SKP series is under registration , SKQ has already been put for bidding . The SKQ that you see on the road before all the SKP series taken up are the bidded numbers .

The release of numbers do not necessarily correspond to the numbers COEs released . For example, if a person wants to sell his car but wants to retain his old number , a new registration number will be allocated to his old car . So the taking up new numbers of any series ( now SKP ) will be more than the COEs available.

To add, LTA doesn't release the nos. in order eg today they releasing 200 nos. from 7000 to 7200; it won't 7001 then 7002, 7003 etc. but it will be computed generated so any no. from 7000 to 7200 can come out first.

I understand in the past, ADs used to station staff at LTA to grab the so-called nicer nos and this creates arguments/disorder so now it's your luck but still can have the range you want like between 7000 to 7200 as in the eg above but not the exact no.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7

Yup, it's random number within a specific range now, clearly spelled out in LTA's website.

To add, LTA doesn't release the nos. in order eg today they releasing 200 nos. from 7000 to 7200; it won't 7001 then 7002, 7003 etc. but it will be computed generated so any no. from 7000 to 7200 can come out first.

I understand in the past, ADs used to station staff at LTA to grab the so-called nicer nos and this creates arguments/disorder so now it's your luck but still can have the range you want like between 7000 to 7200 as in the eg above but not the exact no.

• Praise 1