Useful android/iphone apps as tools

Kb27

Turn your smartphone into tools..

Some of tools you may not know exist and it's freely available as android and iphone apps:

Please share if you have any.

Found this for android:

1. Instant heart rate monitor - can check your heart rate.

2. Acc. Blood pressure monitor - check your blood pressure

I compare the above results with a Omron blood pressure checker, and the readings are pretty close.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turn your smartphone into tools..

Some of tools you may not know exist and it's freely available as android and iphone apps:

Please share if you have any.

Found this for android:

1. Instant heart rate monitor - can check your heart rate.

2. Acc. Blood pressure monitor - check your blood pressure

I compare the above results with a Omron blood pressure checker, and the readings are pretty close.

How to use these 2 apps ?

Place the smartphone on the chest to check heart rate ? Or have to purchase an accessory to plug to the smartphone ?

• Praise 1

Place the smartphone on the chest to check heart rate ? Or have to purchase an accessory to plug to the smartphone ?

put your finger on the camera, how it works.....i dont know [grin]

Finger over camera. Camera flash will turn on then it will start recording. No need other accessory.

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 1

I think the blood pressure monitor is BS. It asks for your pulse and i guess it gives the blood pressure from the pulse that you keyed in.

Yeah, maybe the blood pressure app is bs. I tried the first few times and it seems accurate enough.

Then later I tried and it keep giving a different reading from the Omron...hmm...

Supersonic

Android 6.0

Messaging app.

I was doing online credit card transaction, the 2 factor authentication send SMS like this:

lEesr9K.jpg

Anyone else encounter "music note" before ?

This is a bug with the app. I use other apps and it shows correctly.

The music note was actually 1 char + 1 digit = "-" + "8"

Yes, I have received sms from banks informing me of transaction done with smiley emoticon in the message.

Not sure whether it's because of their settings or the settings on my phone, but am not bothered by it so long as main message is clear. 

Twincharged

6661796-615a787846fb1941dff73df8f1ca43c2

has anyone bought this sandisk ixpand flash drive to "expand" the storage space on their iphones ?

is it plug and play ? how does it work ?

i don' want to buy one and then end up need to perform funny rituals before i can move pics from the phone to the drive.

has anyone bought this sandisk ixpand flash drive to "expand" the storage space on their iphones ?

i don' want to buy one and then end up need to perform funny rituals before i can move pics from the phone to the drive.

just plug in and it shoe up as external drive, copy or move any file you wants. I use it to spare up the phone internal memory by transferring old photos to the drive.

Twincharged

just plug in and it shoe up as external drive, copy or move any file you wants. I use it to spare up the phone internal memory by transferring old photos to the drive.

so it must have some kind of built-in bios to allow plug and play right ?

coz when i bought cable and plugged in a normal thumb drive, the iphone does not detect anything.

i don' want to buy one and then end up need to perform funny rituals before i can move pics from the phone to the drive.

This looks like some stuff I know :grin:
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

i am not iphone user .... so donno the mechanics behind it. but my wife is complaining everyday that her iphone cannot work anymore because the Wechat is reporting that no more storage space.

so it must have some kind of built-in bios to allow plug and play right ?

coz when i bought cable and plugged in a normal thumb drive, the iphone does not detect anything.

I forgot how iPhone works I think need to allow sharing in setting and suppose to be one time setting and it will work from there.

There is actually an app for this. All moving and management of files can be done via the app.

Am using an older version of this thumbdrive for my ip6s and the app is iXpand Sync.

↡ Advertisement