Condenser Fan Not working

Pentux

was quoted $240 by Shell Autoserv. Anyone who have repaired this part before was quoted cheaper?

driving honda airwave now

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

was quoted $240 by Shell Autoserv. Anyone who have repaired this part before was quoted cheaper?

Is this the radiator fan ?

i havent collect my car. they say got 2 motor. 1 aircon fan and 1 condenser fan. condenser fan motor is the one not working.

sorry not fan. it is motor

Edited by Pentux

My airwave original condenser kaputs on the 4th year at 72K mileage.

After that replace with OEM brand from Taiwan quoted at JB for SGD70.

Now 4 years later at 170K mileage, fan still working fine.

Morale of the story, original fan quality is expensive, yet may not last longer than cheap OEM.

Neutral Newbie

Repairs/service in JB is always cheaper and if you are lucky you may find a good one also.

In Sg, most of the workshop charge very expensive for the repairs and servicing and doesn't do any better than some shops in JB.

I'd just recently send my car for aircond servicing at 9 Degree LLP after getting lots good review from others.
I'm expecting a very good service experience from this but to me it is merely just a marketing gimmicks again (they are star merchant or recommended merchant according to MCF that is why the comments/reviewed are filtered).
I opt for the full aircond service package that cost $228 (which is already quite high/expensive) but decided to go ahead and thought it will be good and tip top servicing experience, but like all others aircond service workshop they just merely use their aircond refrigerant recovery/flushing system to do most of the job (what so called expert when still rely on machine and they don't even check or analyze the gas before doing the flushing or even try out my aircond prior to servicing).
After flushing, I'm expecting a UV treatment but to my surprise it was skipped and directly move on to vacuuming and charging of the refrigerant.
After that, the suppose to proceed to the 3in1 Cabin Treatment (including filter change, Oxy Vap Coil Sanitizer and Nanomist), but they skip the nanomist again.
Very bad experience overall. Credit card usage was charge extra 3% which was not told earlier.
I did a servicing at Comfort Delgro that do the same service as this at a cheaper price and I went JB as well before even more cheaper and provide even better servicing experience.
So better to source a for few workshop prior to engaging the repairs and servicing. (the workshop review are not always true)

i havent collect my car. they say got 2 motor. 1 aircon fan and 1 condenser fan. condenser fan motor is the one not working.

sorry not fan. it is motor

It's weird he calls it the condenser fan. I know Honda cars have two fans, one is dedicated for aircon and other is the radiator fan.

It's weird he calls it the condenser fan. I know Honda cars have two fans, one is dedicated for aircon and other is the radiator fan.

The air-con fan rightly is call condenser fan. Even the coil is call condenser ...... not ac coil. The fan motor should be cheap... Denso motor from stockist should not cost over 150 sgd..... Did the workshop check the fuse and the relay? There are times when relay fails.....

Edited by Ivanpaseo
↡ Advertisement