Thousands caught in traffic jams at Changi Village

Vhtfhwlego

Looks like we Changi Village will have a massive jam from today to 28th Sept 2014.

Bloody Sinktel is having pipe laying road works at the left turn and vehicles can only use the right lane to exit the area.

The right lane will be block if any vehicles want to turn right as it's a busy junction, vehicles will be safe to proceed only with right arrow.

Was stuck at the area for a good 25mins.

Why can't they close the right turn as the U-Turn already is not that far.

Good luck to those working at Changi Airfreight, Alps & our Army boys.

post-61679-0-43307200-1411713165_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Yup, absolutely no coordination. It's just as if they just throw up their hands in the air, and think we'll bear with it just as we have for so long.

Now with so many comms companies, internet cable and what-not, snaking underground. Add together the power lines... Good luck!

You often see the same stretch of road dug up and re-surfaced a few times in succession.

Then the contractors are the lowest-bidder types, resulting in poor re-surfacing and the roads turning bumpy. And finally, when some MP or mini-star visiting the area... the contractor have to re-do the job up to standard. Roadblock again!!

All those work that involve closing of lane on the road should only be done during the mid night. Instead of during the day.

I remember when I start driving in the late 80s and early 90s, road work was always done at mid-night to prevent any traffic delay.

• Praise 1

Looks like we Changi Village will have a massive jam from today to 28th Sept 2014.

Bloody Sinktel is having pipe laying road works at the left turn and vehicles can only use the right lane to exit the area.

The right lane will be block if any vehicles want to turn right as it's a busy junction, vehicles will be safe to proceed only with right arrow.

[hur]

Prepare for facebook posts on fights, accidents, road rage liao. [laugh]

All those work that involve closing of lane on the road should only be done during the mid night. Instead of during the day.

I remember when I start driving in the late 80s and early 90s, road work was always done at mid-night to prevent any traffic delay.

As long as you have residential homes near by, night Road work is rarely allowed as it is too noisy.

Yah.

Another stupid thing was having road works done during evening peak hour at Thomson Road. Thus creating a huge jam. All those stay north use Thomson Road home to avoid ERP on CTE and they allow road works to carryout during that peak hour. [mad]

Was stuck in such jam a few time liao when they did road works along the polo club stretch, closing off the left lane. [:|]

attachicon.gifIMG_2862.JPG

near the indian temple there ah?

• Praise 1

perhaps the migrant workers also need 'work-life balance' like the rest of us [laugh]

When you see the govt many road works, you know that the economy is not so good and they are boosting it.

and the govt will stretch the projects as long as possible..eg. 1 month do slowly until become 3-6 months

• Praise 1

whats new, roads work as and when they like, couple of weeks ago, balestier road for lunch, took me 20mins to get foodcentre which normally takes 5, thks to road works

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1