Remember to switch on headlights.

ER-3682

Recently,noticed,alot of newer cars with DRL,never on their headlights at night,they should put the light switch to "Auto",because their cars got DRL & the meters lighted up with they started the car,the owners don't know back of their cars is totally dark,[no licence plate light,no small light],esp dark coloured cars or even worse MPV with tinted rear screen,the driver behind hardly can see anything.. [furious][speechless] ,so for safety sake,p/s put your light switch to "Auto"..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Supercharged

yalor, very dangerous especially to pedestrians like children and older people who have visual issue.

please be more mindful to other road users.

• Praise 1

Most owners thought in front got DRL means the back also got small lights & number plate lights,but too bad,not the case. [thumbsdown]

I got a habit to to monitor my speedometer regularly while driving. So once it's gets too dark to see my meters like enter tunnel, rainy days or nightfall, I will naturally switch on my headlights. Of course, my humble car doesn't have DRL, so my method may not work for newer car models.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Every night sure got such cars don't on headlights. All sort of cars also have, some with DRL, some without.

I really don't understand how they pass their Final Theory Test !

How to politely tell the other party to switch on their headlights?

If it was a woman driver, dun bother cos they will take it as you are harassing them [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Some no DRL oso liddat wat....how can they not know when the area infront of them is not lit up?

Purplely one lah....[mad]

Some cars no DRL but the dashboard is still lit up when the ignition is on. I drove a Renault Latitude before and it did not have DRL. All the buttons and dashboard lights are lit all the time. Infact it dims the dashboard lights when the headlights are on.

Wind down window, take out ur torch lol

P.s i always inform them by turning off my light and on my light again

However only 1-2 out of 10 responded. Now my light bulb span shortened

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 5

If it was a woman driver, dun bother cos they will take it as you are harassing them [laugh][laugh]

You give them that HumSup look right ... 😂

小姐, 你怕黑吗 。。。 😂

• Praise 1

Every night sure got such cars don't on headlights. All sort of cars also have, some with DRL, some without.

I really don't understand how they pass their Final Theory Test !

Most cars have lighted dash and the only indication that the headlight is on is the small indicator...

If I'm able to stop next to the car who lights are not on I will just tap my horn to get their attention and indicate with my hands... Only once or twice their auntie catch no ball...

If it was a woman driver, dun bother cos they will take it as you are harassing them [laugh] [laugh]

So far those I tell them that their lights are not on are uncles... Got twice was aunties but they don't get what I'm trying to tell them...

So now I only tell uncles... No chance to tell chio bus...

• Praise 3

Aiya, dont use torch lar, after they mistaken call police say you road bully then you know...

Couple of quick flashes at them, then go in front of them. Singaporean drivers will sure wanna flash back, then they'll realise headlights not on yet... Haha.

• Praise 5

Some cars no DRL but the dashboard is still lit up when the ignition is on. I drove a Renault Latitude before and it did not have DRL. All the buttons and dashboard lights are lit all the time. Infact it dims the dashboard lights when the headlights are on.

These dashboard lights could possibly distract some drivers from switching on the headlights.

But the onus is on the driver to remember to do such basic stuff wat.

Tried that in the past. None responded.

• Praise 1

Most cars have lighted dash and the only indication that the headlight is on is the small indicator...

If I'm able to stop next to the car who lights are not on I will just tap my horn to get their attention and indicate with my hands... Only once or twice their auntie catch no ball...

So far those I tell them that their lights are not on are uncles... Got twice was aunties but they don't get what I'm trying to tell them...

So now I only tell uncles... No chance to tell chio bus...

Women very blur right? Once I wind down window put out my hand and do the open and close hand sign (like squeezing), after that they slow down and stay far far from my car!

Women very blur right? Once I wind down window put out my hand and do the open and close hand sign (like squeezing), after that they slow down and stay far far from my car!

So now I see aunties trying to "save the planet" I just act blurr... Don't want to get myself into another awkward situation...

Later her passenger start to take beedeo and STOMP you for harassing them...

Turbocharged

now I know why so many don't switch on their headlights. HID bulb replacement cost afew hundred just for one side......... [sweatdrop]

Horns and high beams are essential feature of a car. Headlights are not.

Don't know why many luxury car owners not keen to use the auto headlight feature. For me, I leave it in auto mode all of the time, even when engine is off.

Headlights may not be for you to see the road, but more relevant to warn other drivers and pedestrians of your presence, especially in car parks. Pls make good use of it.

Edited by Carpark
↡ Advertisement