Remember to switch on headlights.

ER-3682

Nowadays also hardly see TP or LTA enforcers on the roads after 1900hrs .

Haha,you will be surprise,try speeding.?Sure got TP...

Anyway,most Cars now got "Auto" light switch,just leave it at that position the best. [thumbsup]  :a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Usually i switched my Lights to "Auto",i wonder why,whenever i send my Cars for Servicing[Mazda, Kia & Nissan],the Mechanics turned the switch to "Off".? [furious] ,so after servicing,never take note the lights... [bigcry]

Usually i switched my Lights to "Auto",i wonder why,whenever i send my Cars for Servicing[Mazda, Kia & Nissan],the Mechanics turned the switch to "Off".? [furious] ,so after servicing,never take note the lights... [bigcry]

They servicing your car in the shade, after that need to start engine to let it run. If all cars have headlights on, the mechanics will go blind. Same reason why should switch off headlights when going for car wash.

• Praise 1

My fren do servicing and repair, he said he tried not to touch customer's car setting, or adjust seat position, bcuz some get pssed off.

But do give chance a bit, bcuz the mechs may need to move something to do checks or repairs.

They servicing your car in the shade, after that need to start engine to let it run. If all cars have headlights on, the mechanics will go blind. Same reason why should switch off headlights when going for car wash.

And battery drain!

In fact, they doing him a favor.

As we set the switch to "Auto",sometime,we really forgotten to turn on the Lights after servicing....at least,the Service advisor,should switch it back to "Auto" after servcing.

As we set the switch to "Auto",sometime,we really forgotten to turn on the Lights after servicing....at least,the Service advisor,should switch it back to "Auto" after servcing.

take a step back and think.  You are in charge of the car.  

NEVER NEVER leave it to others and take it forgranted!  Like a captain of the ship, YOU have the responsibility to ensure that all is in good order BEFORE you leave.

Think of the CSA, they handle 50plus cars a day?  Spare a thought for them OR state CLEARLY that you wish that the auto lights should be back in original position.

Imagine you are a pilot, I shudder!

PArdon the harshness BUT, these things, it concerns YOUR and OTHERS safety, so do not take it as a given!  CHECK before you head off.  Same like doing a pre-check every morning!

Peace and good day and a blessed Xmas and best wishe for 2017

• Praise 3

take a step back and think.  You are in charge of the car.  

NEVER NEVER leave it to others and take it forgranted!  Like a captain of the ship, YOU have the responsibility to ensure that all is in good order BEFORE you leave.

Think of the CSA, they handle 50plus cars a day?  Spare a thought for them OR state CLEARLY that you wish that the auto lights should be back in original position.

Imagine you are a pilot, I shudder!

PArdon the harshness BUT, these things, it concerns YOUR and OTHERS safety, so do not take it as a given!  CHECK before you head off.  Same like doing a pre-check every morning!

Peace and good day and a blessed Xmas and best wishe for 2017

Haha, life would be far better if everyone thought like you did. [thumbsup]  Met number crunchers who crunch numbers and never look at them to see if they add up.  Boss supposed to check mah! [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

• Praise 1

Haha, life would be far better if everyone thought like you did. [thumbsup]  Met number crunchers who crunch numbers and never look at them to see if they add up.  Boss supposed to check mah! [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

sense of entitlement is tooo high.

Occupation hazard for me, I guess.

I always ensure and double ensure as ultimately, I am finally responsible and would be the main operator le.....

Once.. mid drive.. one of my bulb burst...  and i noticed it... 

becoz i have an anal habit of checking my lights against the vehicle's rear bumper at road junctions... 

Can someone answer me.....

Why cannot design Front and Rear DRL?

I for one feels that making the rear of a car more visible will make the road safer than just DRL in front....

It's YOUR duty to ensure the car is in working condition.

I for one feels that making the rear of a car more visible will make the road safer than just DRL in front....

dont la... i already kenna blinded by some inconsiderate guys who install excessively bright DRL infront at junctions... constant irritation.. 

cannot imagine getting blinded during normal driving... 

• Praise 1

Singapore so bright everywhere.  Still need DRL meh?

Try on rear fog light & see what's the reaction of the driver in the car behind.

Singapore so bright everywhere. Still need DRL meh?

Try on rear fog light & see what's the reaction of the driver in the car behind.

Then by that rationale those people running around at night without the lights on also can be forgiven since it is so bright everywhere.....?

The main purpose is to have an always on low intensity non-glare light markers at the 4 corners of the car so that even in the event that the driver forgot to switch on the main lights, his car can still be reasonably visible on the road.

• Praise 2

Then by that rationale those people running around at night without the lights on also can be forgiven since it is so bright everywhere.....?

The main purpose is to have an always on low intensity non-glare light markers at the 4 corners of the car so that even in the event that the driver forgot to switch on the main lights, his car can still be reasonably visible on the road.

Actually car in Singapore no need headlight.

Actually car in Singapore no need headlight.

This point of view now does have some merit.

I just went to Perth for about 2 weeks. Rented a car and touched down mid-afternoon went to pick up car. By the time going to set off, around 5.30 pm already, and our destination was a good almost 3 hr away in Bunbury... 

Almost halfway into the journey, sky suddenly turned pitch dark, and there's no street light even on their Freeway. I had driven a few times in NSH under same condition and this is 2nd trip to Aussie, but it's been a while so was still quite not used to is. Really appreciated our SGP everywhere got streetlight at that point in time... when had to go above 100 km/h and there's only headlights and the reflector and lane markings on the roads...

In comparison, here so bright, confirm can see the roads.

It's just that worry cannot see the moving cars without headlights.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1