Satellite erp coming in 2020

Cephas

Source from channel 8 news...anyway there is already other discussion thread on this topic.

Mod please lock this or remove this thread. Thanks.

with satellite ERP will there be an issue of privacy, that is, basically, every single movement of any car in Singapore with the device installed would be recorded

I am no IT expert and I believe any system can be hacked if hackers want to (Malaysia ATM got hacked by virus and lost $300000)

Some businesses such as security companies (G4S, armoured vehicles carrying cash) are worried as their travel movement depends on secrecy and being not scheduled and patterned

Non Singapore registered cars, how are they going to charged - flat rate

Turbocharged

with satellite ERP will there be an issue of privacy, that is, basically, every single movement of any car in Singapore with the device installed would be recorded

I am no IT expert and I believe any system can be hacked if hackers want to (Malaysia ATM got hacked by virus and lost $300000)

Some businesses such as security companies (G4S, armoured vehicles carrying cash) are worried as their travel movement depends on secrecy and being not scheduled and patterned

Non Singapore registered cars, how are they going to charged - flat rate

you can't touch the erp gantry, but you vandalise your own car..... :ph34r:

i'm sure lta can implement it tomorrow if they want. It'll be 90% foolproof....

the 6 years is for their contractors to come up with a 99.9% foolproof system