Lorry Speeding

Quantum

I didn't chase this idiot intentionlly, but as an honest citizen, we have the liability to expose those behavior of endangering society,

indeed he didn't create a danger to me that moment, if don't expose those road rages ugly behaviors, they will be more and more in violence, many Innocent motorists may become their reckless behavior victims include youself

On the one hand you say you didn't chase him intentionally,

then you say you chase him to expose him.

Instead of contridicting yourself why don't you just admit to being a kaypoh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utMx1mkSUCE&feature=youtu.be

This happened on TPE towards SLE,

even if speed limit 70km/h, but this lorry speed above 100km/h, short period even above 110km/h, in the end I cannot catch it at 110km/h, as per traffic rule driver should be prosecuted in court

As an honest citizan you also exceeded the speed limit and posed a danger to other road users

including myself, hence you should also report yourself and should be prosecuted in court.

He was speeding and so were you. You were irresponsible and a danger to everyone on the road

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If I were TS I would not submit the video to TP.

They can measure the lines and see that TS was also speeding.

In this case they could prosecute the TS also.

• Praise 1

On the one hand you say you didn't chase him intentionally,

then you say you chase him to expose him.

Instead of contridicting yourself why don't you just admit to being a kaypoh.

As an honest citizan you also exceeded the speed limit and posed a danger to other road users

including myself, hence you should also report yourself and should be prosecuted in court.

He was speeding and so were you. You were irresponsible and a danger to everyone on the road

remember private car speed limt is 90km/h not 70km/h lorry, 110km/h prosecuted in court is for lorry not for private car, :D

I followed the lorry not endanger any other road user, once I found my behavior might pose a danger to others, immediately stop,

Same lah. Whether it's speeding truck, speeding car, speeding supercar, speeding skateboard, speeding bicycle, all of them are speeding. So what makes the truck so special?

Slow, ppl kao peh hogging. Fast, ppl kao bu speeding. No end to it.

the jizz is heavy vehicle requires a longer distance to brake to a full stop.

all the more worst if they are speeding above the legal limit.

touch wood, if ever there is a collision, the consequences are dire.

1) The lorry driver was not hogging the road.

2) He was very decent in signalling his intention and checking for the all-clear before making a move.

3) He was clearly a fairly skilled and steady driver. He was *predictable* above all things - an often underrated quality on the road.

In short, I think we should rather be *encouraging* decent driving like his on the roads here. Would you rather be hogged by him on lane 1 or even lane 2 going at or under his "legally mandated" limit? Would you feel less threatened if you were instead hogged by a sedan?

The only things I could find real fault with in the truck are the faulty left brake lamp and a single instance of failure to cancel the right indicator when moving left. The latter is a forgiveable error, as it was likely just a lapse and he didn't cause any near misses. The former - well, he probably isn't even aware of the former issue (but the TP and LTA would surely give him hell for it, and I frankly don't think he's deserving of being tattled on for that).

Life is about give and take and bending the rules. You yourself imply that you were exceeding the posted limit in order to pace him. That means you were breaking the law too. Do you think acting so self-righteous is justifiable after having bent or broken the law yourself?

I know that heavy vehicles are a bigger risk when moving at speed, but it's not like he was a humongous truck. His biggest disadvantage in terms of dynamic stability is his elevated centre of gravity. On a straight road, that's less likely to be a significant concern. In any case, as I have already mentioned, I wouldn't have any reason to fault his driving. In fact, I can understand his frustration - the right lane is strictly meant for overtaking, and all those vehicles cruising on the right lane (including yours!) were not following traffic law strictly.

Live and let live.

in the later part of the video, all the "fast" cars are happily occupying the overtaking lane leaving the middle and left lanes almost empty. now a "slow" lorry is rushing and has no way of overtaking. so the lorry driver used his best effort to get through the jam via the middle and left lanes. in the eyes of some self-righteous drivers, this is totally unacceptable. "slow" vehicles has absolutely no right to rush whatever their emergency is.

i travel on that stretch of road almost everyday. it is a fact that the overtaking lane is constantly occupied by happy cruisers going at 90kmph because they didn't want to be mix with the slower/heavier vehicles on the left and middle lanes.

this is another self-righteous, self-pwn thread in my opinion.

i'm also constantly reminding myself to "live and let live" especially in an unforgiving society like ours.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

Complain TP also never take action. Take action also never take proper action. Unlike first world country, they really fine until you TK. This lorry overload and speeding. Complain also everyday same thing happen.

Its quite a norm seeing these giants speeding. All we got to do is drive with care... [mad]

post-119671-0-89612900-1424062795_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Complain TP also never take action. Take action also never take proper action. Unlike first world country, they really fine until you TK. This lorry overload and speeding. Complain also everyday same thing happen.

Suggest to our dear Minister in charge of MHA to change the TP KPI to amount of fines issued on the road per month. [laugh]

I remember Aussie TP fine you the moment you exceed speed limit by 7km/h? Road hogging also fine.

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 2

You should probably let them see from another perspective - they are suppose to collect $ and these $ becomes public funds. Not accounting for public funds are a no-no. [rolleyes]

Encountered a speeding truck along Thomson Rd this morning. Overtook me in the centre lane easily in excess of 80km/h. Then the lights turned amber, and truck driver jammed brakes, and the tyres had smoke coming out. See skid marks on the road.

Cyclist in front had a shock of his life, as he turned back to look and his bike wobbled.

post-27974-0-73451900-1441439272_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

Encountered a speeding truck along Thomson Rd this morning. Overtook me in the centre lane easily in excess of 80km/h. Then the lights turned amber, and truck driver jammed brakes, and the tyres had smoke coming out. See skid marks on the road.

Cyclist in front had a shock of his life, as he turned back to look and his bike wobbled.

Lucky it managed to stop.....

• Praise 3

Lucky it managed to stop.....

Someone was crossing the road halfway somemore. Sent shivers down my spine.

Pedestrian stopped right in his tracks when he heard the lightning loud screeching of tyres.

• Praise 1

I hope TP does something more about these speeding and dangerous lorries. They really have no business trying to overtake other vehicles. I fear it's just a matter of time before we have a horrible accident on the Changi coastal road.

Edited by Docomospur
  • Praise 2

Wait until u see them on expressway during the wee hours. I swear I saw some traveling at least 110km/h.

Dun ask me how I noe though. Lol [grin]

Edited by So_nice
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5