My little suggestion - A parenting folder perhaps?

Icebrush79

Dear Mods,

I have a little suggestion here.

Just wondering if it is feasible to start a sub folder here ~ perhaps under "others" dedicated to parenting?
There are lots of forums out there dedicated to parenting no doubt, most of which however are female dominated.

Males tend to feel awkward posting there and some may even be seen as chee ko peks, for camping in a female dominated environment.

This parenting folder can benefit the MCF community by offering a channel

- For experienced fathers to contribute their knowledge
- For would be fathers (like myself now) to learn from real life experiences instead of textbook examples

It is also an excellent channel to hear the muses, gripes, joys, trials, involvements, know-hows, mostly from a father/male's perspective.

Please consider, I'm pretty sure this enables fathers and would be fathers to build cohesion and supports the aims of developing healthy and resilient forumers through a community channel.

cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

omg!! it really happen [laugh][laugh][laugh]

it would be nice if they have it 15 years ago [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Didn't realise the usefulness of it till I go thru this myself.

I hope the mods would consider this and it would still benefit potential daddies.

cheers

congratulations.

Best s*** in the world. Literally. Some moments will be epic. some moments will be s***.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Dear Mods,

I have a little suggestion here.

Just wondering if it is feasible to start a sub folder here ~ perhaps under "others" dedicated to parenting?

There are lots of forums out there dedicated to parenting no doubt, most of which however are female dominated.

Males tend to feel awkward posting there and some may even be seen as chee ko peks, for camping in a female dominated environment.

This parenting folder can benefit the MCF community by offering a channel

- For experienced fathers to contribute their knowledge

- For would be fathers (like myself now) to learn from real life experiences instead of textbook examples

It is also an excellent channel to hear the muses, gripes, joys, trials, involvements, know-hows, mostly from a father/male's perspective.

Please consider, I'm pretty sure this enables fathers and would be fathers to build cohesion and supports the aims of developing healthy and resilient forumers through a community channel.

cheers

I sarpork! [thumbsup] I also think you'll get quite a bit of gripes e.g. CO suggestion to change to more family friendly car (no more GTR); long ahmad duties; cannot watch football, cannot upgrade TV, speakers got no WAF etc. [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Mason016

In the event that the mods do not support your suggestion, might I suggest that you start a thread on "parenting tips by fathers, for fathers" or something along those lines to get the ball rolling.

[thumbsup]

Frankly, nothing can ever prepare (guys especially) for parenthood, thus hope to have our very own little support group here [laugh]

when your kid come out, you will know whether you married the right woman [smash]

It's ok one lah. If the love & responsibility is there, everything else comes naturally.

when your kid come out, you will know whether you married the right woman [smash]

It's ok one lah. If the love & responsibility + a lot of effort is there, everything else comes naturally.

It's ok one lah. If the love & responsibility + a lot of effort is there, everything else comes naturally.

effort is just natural if u have the 1st two qualities.

Just that sometimes u have to remind yourself why u are putting in the effort. lol.

Not sure if the mods are for this...

IMHO, mcf has become a chap pa lang forum these days... Think 70% non car related...So to have a parenting section???

There are other forum like kiasuparents, Singaporemotherhood that caters to parenting related stuff....

Then again I'm not the admins / mods...

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

still ok what bro ... MyChildcareForum ...

plus ... whatever you learn ... please pass along hor. i also hoping to start soon.

• Praise 1

Got SBF mah.

SingaporeBabyForum. LoL...

Also got mummysg and kiasuparents...

So many. Do we need one in MCF? Anyway our Lite & EZ can cover the topic.

Edited by Watwheels

Car related mah.

The father is always in charge of the decision of what car seat to buy. LOL.

[laugh][laugh][laugh] I thought which petrol / diesel to use only. The rest CO decide mah.

Not sure if the mods are for this...

IMHO, mcf has become a chap pa lang forum these days... Think 70% non car related...So to have a parenting section???

There are other forum like kiasuparents, Singaporemotherhood that caters to parenting related stuff....

Then again I'm not the admins / mods...

Well, if men's hobbies warrent a section of its own, I don't see why parenthood is of less importance. Those not interested can always choose not to visit, isn't it?

Being 70% non-car related has became MCF's DNA, which ensures that it has survived till now with continual interest.

What we have here under parenthood need not be the usual kinda topics as seen in normal parenting forums, rather it is more of a male skewed topics, now.... won't that be welcoming?

• Praise 1

Got SBF mah.

SingaporeBabyForum. LoL...

Also got mummysg and kiasuparents...

So many. Do we need one in MCF? Anyway our Lite & EZ can cover the topic.

Lite and Easy see topics splattered everywhere without classification. Makes it harder to just zoom into information when needed. Just my opinion.

↡ Advertisement