My little suggestion - A parenting folder perhaps?

Icebrush79

Turbocharged

must be pantang, cannot criticise people's baby/kids, must always say good thing.....

pray your baby can sleep throughout the night after night feeding, at least my two kids did when they were baby [laugh][laugh]

wa you sound like my mum. she always say dont take bad abt others kid, otherwise later kena self snook.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for sharing your candid moment. First time being a parent really isn't an easy thing, thus you tend to get over-sensitive due to fatigue and perhaps stress.

As a dad to be, I keep hearing my daddy friends tell me "Enjoy your life while you can", while I appreciate that this is true, it seems rather unencouraging.

Now, how would I know life "would be hell" until I experience it myself?

Have seen fathers who really enjoy fatherhood.... thus I feel such a channel to discuss parenting issues which are more applicable to men is kinda useful.

Topics like transition from a yuppie lifestyle to being parents (means no more beer, no more late nights with the boys, etc), perhaps an avenue for guys to share their thoughts and experiences....

Because if you ask a woman, they will tell you that all you have to do is to listen to your wife. True, but not totally true too............

Also, push present (anyone heard of that? ) what's the norm? what's the expectations? etc...

cheers

Important questions: Have you settled your gynae? C-section or natural? Have you worked out your sleeping arrangements, baby responsibilities etc?

Another thing you'll face will be the two competing set of grandparents for the baby's time and the deluge of parental advice. [laugh] Better learn how to manage expectations and relationships or you be screwed.... [laugh]

Whoops, one other thing. Usually the birth of a baby leads to spousal abandonment as both parents will lavish quite a bit of "goo-goo ga-ga" attention on the newborn. Remember to take a step back and reconnect with your spouse.

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing your candid moment. First time being a parent really isn't an easy thing, thus you tend to get over-sensitive due to fatigue and perhaps stress.

As a dad to be, I keep hearing my daddy friends tell me "Enjoy your life while you can", while I appreciate that this is true, it seems rather unencouraging.

Have seen fathers who really enjoy fatherhood.... thus I feel such a channel to discuss parenting issues which are more applicable to men is kinda useful.

Topics like transition from a yuppie lifestyle to being parents (means no more beer, no more late nights with the boys, etc), perhaps an avenue for guys to share their thoughts and experiences....

Because if you ask a woman, they will tell you that all you have to do is to listen to your wife. True, but not totally true too............

Also, push present (anyone heard of that? ) what's the norm? what's the expectations? etc...

cheers

vary from women to women lah.

post-34895-0-40282400-1412840059_thumb.jpg

got this for my wifey to show my appreciation although she never really demand for anything.

must be pantang, cannot criticise people's baby/kids, must always say good thing.....

pray your baby can sleep throughout the night after night feeding, at least my two kids did when they were baby [laugh][laugh]

also cannot praise the kid infront of them. :D

• Praise 1

wa you sound like my mum. she always say dont take bad abt others kid, otherwise later kena self snook.

actually quite true you know, better believe than sorry [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

cannot praise the kid. then i praise you ok. don't cry cry tonight. lol

:D

i left 5 points but cannot praise you for your daughter photo... owe u 5... Cute gal!

i left 5 points but cannot praise you for your daughter photo... owe u 5... Cute gal!

cute cuz look like papa mah. lol

aiya. chin chye lah. points nia. not as if i'm hard up for it. unless can change for petrol voucher. hahahaha

Edited by Little_prince

thats why i never say my friend was wrong and i should be more open about this comments as he definitely don't mean anything.

1st time parent alot of things to learn la... now bb gal 6 mth old only... still long way and more things to learn...

Some believe word got power.

Some believe baby understand what u say.

So not nice to say them devil.

So what you will like to discuss now? :D

I sign in now...

1 bb gal 6 months old now... yesterday jus had her 1st try of solids after 6 months of pure breast milk. she loves it... hahaha...

This one also very headache one sometimes.

Eat few months. Then out of the blue won't want to eat that particular food anymore. Cry mother cry father when u force her to eat. sometimes one whole meal can throw away.

Or teething also don't want to eat dinner or what. 2 hrs to feed one meal.

This one also very headache one sometimes.

Eat few months. Then out of the blue won't want to eat that particular food anymore. Cry mother cry father when u force her to eat. sometimes one whole meal can throw away.

Or teething also don't want to eat dinner or what. 2 hrs to feed one meal.

Feed medicine can also be siong one, must "hong" until cows come home before the kid drinks the medicine.

my girl still can feed medicine cos it's sweet and we put in fridge. she likes it most of the time. But when really sick that time, sometimes she will also refuse.

Lol sometimes can turn into wrestlemania for other kids.

The word "Patience" is brought to another whole new level once you're a parent. lol.

• Praise 1

cheers

not no more beer la.. but more like drink at home alone.. or with your wife lol..

for me my peace time only comes when i managed to put her to bed.. then got time for house cleaning.. personal upgrading etc..

its managing expectations when it comes to parenthood now and really helping each other. (spouse)..

last gen dads usually are sole breadwinners so moms do everything!!

now both parents are working mostly so the dads have a duty to help out since their wives are also working day jobs...

i can handle all baby duties as i want to be a handson parent .. so even if wife want to go out with BFFs, i can do the care no issue..

but sometimes i admit they really can drive you nuts..

I Sappork all should go for 3 kids.

really have to give up the oyster for that...

"the world is my oyster!!"

somehow this word always make me think of tim burton's oyster boy... quite gross book.. lol

• Praise 1

scared of parenting?

take the easy way out

throw to maid/grandparents settle liao

can continue with single lifestyle

not no more beer la.. but more like drink at home alone.. or with your wife lol..

for me my peace time only comes when i managed to put her to bed.. then got time for house cleaning.. personal upgrading etc..

its managing expectations when it comes to parenthood now and really helping each other. (spouse)..

last gen dads usually are sole breadwinners so moms do everything!!

now both parents are working mostly so the dads have a duty to help out since their wives are also working day jobs...

i can handle all baby duties as i want to be a handson parent .. so even if wife want to go out with BFFs, i can do the care no issue..

but sometimes i admit they really can drive you nuts..

really have to give up the oyster for that...

"the world is my oyster!!"

somehow this word always make me think of tim burton's oyster boy... quite gross book.. lol

What is the reason for our existence. I think is to leave a legacy. Children is our legacy. What purpose is there to earn million and yet U pass on nothing. Not all can leave a legacy like Steve jobs.

very cute la~!! tempt me to share my girl picture.. haha

U can I cant. I got too many enemies 😂😂😂

• Praise 2

What is the reason for our existence. I think is to leave a legacy. Children is our legacy. What purpose is there to earn million and yet U pass on nothing. Not all can leave a legacy like Steve jobs.

U can I cant. I got too many enemies 😂😂😂

great thoughts bro!

↡ Advertisement