How to scrap/deregister car?

Fcar

Noob question.

Can I do export myself? Say after deregister the car in proper with LTA, can I drive the car to Msia & hand it over to a friend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Noob question.

Can I do export myself? Say after deregister the car in proper with LTA, can I drive the car to Msia & hand it over to a friend?

your idea is not wrong, but your method is. deregistered how to drive ??? Plus LTA must always get confirmation from scrapyards/exporters before disbursing the rebate.

Get an exporter who will do it for you for a fee.

Edited by Othello

your idea is not wrong, but your method is. deregistered how to drive ??? Plus LTA must always get confirmation from scrapyards/exporters before disbursing the rebate.

Get an exporter who will do it for you for a fee.

Thanks man!!! My current car is still in good condition so a bit wasteful to scrap it off. Intending to gift it to one of my msian buddy.

Turbocharged

Thanks man!!! My current car is still in good condition so a bit wasteful to scrap it off. Intending to gift it to one of my msian buddy.

If this can be done , there will be thousands of past 10 yr old sgp cars in Malaysia liao . From my understanding , Msia doesnt allow the import of any cars more than 3 yrs old . And in order to import a car , you need an AP (Approved Permit). No lobangs no talk .

Much simpler to drive it across , report as stolen , claim PARF rebate here , and buy a Msian birth certificate complete with registration number, insurance and road tax for the "lost' vehicle . [pirate]

But seriously , not trying to suggest you doing that. [lipsrsealed]

If this can be done , there will be thousands of past 10 yr old sgp cars in Malaysia liao . From my understanding , Msia doesnt allow the import of any cars more than 3 yrs old . And in order to import a car , you need an AP (Approved Permit). No lobangs no talk .

Much simpler to drive it across , report as stolen , claim PARF rebate here , and buy a Msian birth certificate complete with registration number, insurance and road tax for the "lost' vehicle . [pirate]

But seriously , not trying to suggest you doing that. [lipsrsealed]

shucks, my bad then.

Alternatively, can do it under the MM2H scheme

Turbocharged

Alternatively, can do it under the MM2H scheme

http://malaysia.angloinfo.com/transport/vehicle-ownership/importing-a-vehicle/

Yes you can do that , but given that cars are cheap in bolehland , it may not worth the hassle . Dealing with Gov Depts in Msia can vomit blood. Just scrap in Sgp, collect the Parf and buy another one in Msia will be easier.

further research has pointed me to this ad on MCF. basically their ad says "we will buy your car with PARF eligibility, no need to wait for LTA refund" means what? sell the whole car to them during the last weeks then the car got totally nothing to do with us liao? if its true, very convinient leh... no need what give physical NRIC no need what PIN etc rite?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/ads/tanmotor/

further research has pointed me to this ad on MCF. basically their ad says "we will buy your car with PARF eligibility, no need to wait for LTA refund" means what? sell the whole car to them during the last weeks then the car got totally nothing to do with us liao? if its true, very convinient leh... no need what give physical NRIC no need what PIN etc rite?

they need the pin to do transfer.... if you have the pin, you no need pass them nric... to have the pin, your loan need to be full settled.. if you have no loan, can request straight from LTA. You can go there to request immediately or do it online.. about 5-7 working days to receive, including posting time.

yes if you ownself de-reg, you may need to wait about 2 months for the refund from LTA

if you pass to dealer to scrape, they usually pass you the cheque or cashier's order when you handover the car to them

transfer or scrap car always NEED NRIC one lah .... why so scared to apply PIN ? You don't want to give IC then you have to meet their staff at LTA, can?

means basically they buy the car and scrap lor.

• Praise 1

transfer or scrap car always NEED NRIC one lah .... why so scared to apply PIN ? You don't want to give IC then you have to meet their staff at LTA, can?

means basically they buy the car and scrap lor.

actually now no need.... Pin can already...

aiyo.. i no scared apply PIN lah.. I scared give NRIC only... u no scared? haha...

Galant, thanks for updated info. yup. no loan liao... guess i will apply pin online. Thanks!!!

apiseh, small thing only ask whole day... too much info online and all so technical and some conflicting.

I scraped my 10 year old Merc recently and gotten 1.2k for the body.

There are no loan from bank, but the scrap car dealer took a 1% of my paper value as a fee. Am I being taken for a ride?

I scraped my 10 year old Merc recently and gotten 1.2k for the body.

There are no loan from bank, but the scrap car dealer took a 1% of my paper value as a fee. Am I being taken for a ride?

Not short changed, but 1% charges is no longer market practice

Neutral Newbie

Excuse me, how to get LTA PIN?

I have singpass, whether can it be the same?

go onemotoring website to apply LTA pin

Excuse me, how to get LTA PIN?

I have singpass, whether can it be the same?

Or you can go to LTA apply in person. I did that and I told them I know nuts about it. They advice me step by step and gave me the address for scrap yard also.

By the way, if yours is company vehicle. Pls bring along your company business profile with all director signature signed together with letter of authorization for whoever is going to apply pin.

LTA customer service is helpful. Just call them with your quires and they can guide you.

↡ Advertisement